Reviews for Tango
hankbernath chapter 10 . 8/9/2013
..something is screwy with the address bar. anyway.I really enjoyed the story and I think it would be nice. can you accept nice?. to see more stories looking into the barkeep and Carl's aqdventures. Anyway I think I;d like to. keep it up, or down if you prefer, I'll look forward to more stories.
hanoch.bernatht chapter 5 . 8/9/2013
nice bit of humour there. kind-of reminds me of the series way back ten.
LuckyLadybug chapter 10 . 1/29/2013
And bringing things full circle, here's the Cassie so much was mentioned of. That's a great way to end it, with her introduction to Carl!

Overall, an excellent and intense story. I'm not entirely satisfied with the explanation of why they still looked so close in years, particularly since Karel should be around 80 or 90, but that can definitely be overlooked in the face of all the fun this story has to offer. You're a wonderful writer for the fandom and you capture the characters and their personalities so brilliantly!
LuckyLadybug chapter 9 . 1/29/2013
Such a surreal climax, especially the ghost-images and stretching sideways. It sounds very psychedelic.

The descriptions are excellent all the way along here, as always.
LuckyLadybug chapter 8 . 1/29/2013
Joe explained the 11th dimension better than the complicated physics equations I discovered when I tried to search. ;) I do not want to comprehend math in order to read a relaxing, intriguing story. Time-travel is such a bunch of bewildering, confusing things, though. I pretty much said "Screw the rules!" when I decided to write a Wild Wild West time-travel fic. I figured that since everything's a theory, I'd have some different ones.

I'm glad some mention was made of the age, although that doesn't explain how in the comics Kolchak isn't older at all. The one with the creepy house and Bloody Mary has him identify himself and Tony as being in their forties.

Joe really is an unusual fellow. I didn't remember him being this much so in the story. I'll have to read it again.

And of course, bottom line is, Karel must go back. I like that returning to the point of entrance is how it's supposed to happen.
LuckyLadybug chapter 7 . 1/29/2013
I can't bring to mind anything about Kolchak having had a brother, so that bit escapes me, but the apparent significance of the brother apparently being dead is very poignant anyway.

It's neat to see how much they've bonded. Poor Carl, not wanting to have to say goodbye, and Karel having determined what he's going to do. The part about telling everyone in CA that he has a twin is cute.
LuckyLadybug chapter 6 . 1/29/2013
I thought Karel dreaming in geometric shapes back there a ways would be important. Looks like it is, although things still aren't coming together for me. You always weave such intricate plots!

The discussion on Google is hilarious.

And poor Karel and Carl! Yikes, what a weird and freaky experience, to say the least! This line is priceless, though:

"I didn't see a thing to explain any of it. Are you going to be doing this a lot? Stretching out like a carnival magic mirror? Do people do this in 2015?"

LOL.
LuckyLadybug chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
LOL! And a humorous break, with them trying so diligently to keep the truth from Tony and then Carl deciding to play a trick on Ron. I love the line about Carl not having to feign disdain for Tony in front of his other self.

And a mysterious part of the plot advances, with Karel's bizarre symptoms. The intrigue builds.
LuckyLadybug chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
It's really interesting to imagine the two Kolchaks sitting around talking about their stories, religion, and philosophy, and Karel trying so hard to remember his time.

I think my favorite bit here is where he tells what he remembers/is trying to remember about the future. And then he finds his phone and Carl thinks it's for contacting spaceships. LOL. Awww, too cute.
LuckyLadybug chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
And the confusion continues, as it sounds like they figure it is the same timeline. Seems like they should start wondering why they look the same age instead of forty years apart. LOL.

It's fun to watch them argue over technology and how it works. 70's Kolchak is adorable with his curiosity and fascination, and present-day Kolchak is all protective of it, just like the 70's Kolchak would be with his stuff.

And yay, yes, Kolchak #1 needed a name! Now it should be easier to always figure out which one is speaking. :)

The discussion at the end over whether they should both be Carl is too funny. "Vincenzo might even get copy by deadline." Ha!
LuckyLadybug chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Very intriguing and confusing. What exactly is going on here? They're both clearly the same age, at least visibly, so it doesn't seem it could be time-travel with a Future Self unless it is an exploration of Moonstone's not aging the characters.

It's interesting watching Kolchak #1 wander the office, trying to remember, wondering why certain things stick out for him. I like the conversation with Miss Emily. So sadly true: you can't go home again.

Ha, and I love the scene with Tony! His concern is adorable.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Wow. For some reason I was thinking this story was about Kolchak and some woman. (Which is one reason, in addition to things continually coming up, why I haven't made it here until now.) I wasn't expecting this in the least! What do we have here, an attempt to explain Jeff Rice's decision to not have the characters age when Moonstone made the comic verse? Or perhaps a collision of the TV series verse and the comic verse? In any case, this is very intriguing.

I love your descriptions, as always. You pull the reader right in, with Kolchak #1's confusion over what happened to him, and including some of his wry humor in the narration. And LOL, poor Kolchak #2, coming and finding another him in his bed. The whole confrontation scene is amusing and bewildering. And then finally, with the confusion over the technology, and the discovery of the licenses, everything comes together! Or at least, some of the mystery does.

The last couple of lines are too perfect.
ShadowCub chapter 10 . 8/6/2012