Reviews for A Break from the Blacks
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
:) Smiles all around, love!
Holly Chase chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Great one-shot! I love the way Regulus and Sirius are still friendly, even though they have different views.
Allons-y Lovelies chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Oh my God I love Regulus Black. I loved this! My favourite part was the 'Will it sound girly if I say I love you' bit and Sirius' reply. Oh my gosh, I just loved it all. There were a few grammar errors, but I don't think that there were any spelling errors that I can remember. I just love the brotherly bond between Sirius and Regulus, and I think that you really did it justice.
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Ahhaahha!That last bit was so funny in a sad way!I loved the characterisation of both the boys here!Great dialogue and thoughts!
xThe Painted Lady chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Oh, this was lovely! I love reading stories focused around Sirius and Regulus, especially ones that showcase the bond they might have had (be it good or bad...). But I thought this was really good, well written and pretty believable. I can see how it'd be possible for Regulus to try and convince Sirius that their family's way is right, even though it really isn't... This might be why he and Kreacher got along so well, xD their believes weren't really their own... Or they were, but they were both influenced by the people around them. I really like how Regulus is characterized here. And the story overall I thought was really nice. Good job, keep writing! :)
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I really like this because you've made Sirius and Regulus amiable to one another but they still have very different beliefs. I also like Regulus's feelings of the war: he doesn't like the world as it is because 'everyone goes around hurting each other', but he also doesn't realise it's mainly the Death Eaters that are doing the hurting. I love the argument between the brothers but I also like that Regulus helps Sirius at the end. And the 'I love you' bit at the end. It's sweet, which is good because a lot of people write them as if they are always fighting.

I didn't find much fault with your writing. You might want a bit more punctuation towards the end with "What's she going to do yell at me?" but apart from that I didn't see any mistakes.
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This story was very nice. I loved the way you portrayed Sirius and Regulus. Even though they have their differences in ideals, its so nice to know they love each other...even if things turnedd out badly in the end.
flawsmadebeautiful chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
*tilts head to one side* Well, I think it was sweet. Personally, I love Regulus and I always felt really bad for him. Being left all alone to suffer. But I think it was good that Sirius was able to get away.
Synchro lover chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
aww i love this take on it!:)