Reviews for Altered: The First
willam and jack and jake chapter 4 . 4/27/2014
interesting can't wait to read more
willam and jack and jake chapter 3 . 4/27/2014
very cool
willam and jack and jake chapter 2 . 4/27/2014
very well done
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
dumble you ass, by the way very well done fanfic
MAFITA chapter 4 . 6/10/2012
Loved the chapter! :D And don't worry about what that person said about your story, I rather enjoy it very much. And I know how nice it is when people tell you their thoughts on your story so I try to review every story I really like! :D Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next chapter to be up! Hope to read you soon! Kisses!
MAFITA chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
Yay! Harry went to Ravenclaw! I was hoping he would... :D Loved the chapter! Can't wait for the next one... Hope to read you soon! Kisses!
mumimeanjudy chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This is a blatant ripoff of Changed Perspectives and should be removed at once.
Reader AZ chapter 2 . 6/8/2012
I feel as if I read the first chapter or this story a long time ago. All the same people and the letter to Ron from Dumbledore was exactly the same. It will be interesting to see what happens next. I hope Harry has a lot of friends and I think it is better if he is not in Slytherin as many death eaters kids will be there.

I also find it interesting that if something comes up in many fan fictions people think it is canon. Ndo writes about Snape being Draco’s godfather. This is in many fan fictions but I have read the books many times, although not for a while, but I have never seen any mention of him being in that position. I find it hard to imagine that rich pure blood snobs like the Malfoys would choose a half blood from a poor family to be godfather.

I admit I really do not like Dumbledore bashing. I think it was originally caused by the grumpy person who played him from POA. If they had someone good acting the part he would get nicer things written about him. I fact I wonder if many or the writers have even read the books as many almost quote the films exactly as they were.
Ndo chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
I kind of like how you develop some kind of background info for each of the characters. Obviously, these 5 will play somewhat major roles in your story alongside Harry so it's good that you explain some of the background changes which affects their current personality, eg draco's different upbringing in light of Lucius early death. Also you stressed Lucius being forced to join Voldemort hence explaining that he does not totally agree with Voldemort's ideals thus making a somewhat nicer, less blood purity obsessed Draco more believable here if the family shares Lucius views as well. Although some parts seem abit rushed especially in chapter 1, I think it's still a good start.

I'm curious to Harry's placement considering you have split his friends in all of the houses. Few writers do that and instead prefer to place his friends/allies together. But I like your choice as it means he will have friends/allies in all of the houses. A more open minded/well connected Harry will definitely affect events in future stories, assuming you intend to go that far into the future books. Also, the 5 have different strengths which you highlighted making it easy to see the intended different roles they will eventually play as part of Harry's entourage.

Again, I'm curious to the placement of Harry. Personally, it seems your Harry fits in 3 of the houses - Hufflepuff(seems to value real friendship, seems impartial on a variety of issues), Ravenclaw(well read etc) and Slytherin(not too trusting, observing of others). I would have said that he might even be open to Gryffindor but that train compartment scene with Ron and the Dumbledore letter scene in chapter 1 might have triggered the opposite reaction as in canon. I actually imagine Harry saying "Not Gryfindor, not Gryffindor" when it comes to his turn making any of the other 3 houses an equal bet at this point, especially since all 5 of Harry's group are scattered, meaning he will have support in any of his lessons.

I also like that Dumbledore isn't made out into totally evil, dark which some fiction do which seems to be to out of character. I can agree with the manipulative part, esp with all that greater good thing in canon which I disagree with. I'm also curious if any of the other adults/staff have some changes being tweaked as well. Eg how is Snape going to play in the story being as he was Draco's godfather in canon, not sure if he is here. Will a different sorted Harry affect Snape's interactions with Harry given that this Harry also has somewhat different upbringings and thus somewhat different personalities as a result of that upbringing as well.

In short, yes, I'm still going to read this story.
MAFITA chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
Love what I've read so far... interesting beginning, and I like the fact that the Dursleys are nice for a change, and Dudley getting magic was a nice touch. I hope something is done about Ron getting Harry's money, though, and, strangely, I hope Harry doesn't get into Gryffindor... even if just to upset the old goat-bearded idiot... Can't wait for the next one! Hope to read you soon! Kisses!