Reviews for Token
Serpentine chapter 4 . 6/20/2013
While I totally agree that what Gwen and Lancelot did to Arthur was a scummy thing, and that they should totally own up to hurting a man they both claim to love, I think His Majesty is taking way too far. Being mad at his ex-best friend and his cheating wife is one thing, but when his plans includes hurting an innocent young woman that's just plain abuse. Bethan has just lefted the only home she's ever known to marry a man she's never met; she's nervous and scared of what the future may bring and probably doesn't know much about sex or marriage in general; and not even allowing her to know who her husband is or what he looks like is just cruel.
She's expected to give her vows and her body to man who she will never see, and who will be forced to ignore her most of the time, not to mention, there's still the Guinevere situation which is in no way resolved. Seriously, I expect better from Arthur, and I'm hoping someone gives him a good punch in the face for all the crap he's gonna put Bethan through, and if Lance's is stupid enough to go along with this sick charade he needs one too.

P.S. Do you have an actress or model that you would base Bethan's appearence on if she were a real character in the movie?
ZazzF4 chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
Brilliant. Keep up the good work. I'm getting really excited now for the future!
Birdy21 chapter 4 . 3/21/2013
Brilliant chapter. I hope you'll update soon!
Birdy21 chapter 3 . 3/21/2013
I just loved that moment where Bethan threw up and told Galahad he reminded her of a newt! That was hilarious!
Birdy21 chapter 2 . 3/21/2013
Brilliant chapter. I love your portrayal of Lancelot!
Birdy21 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Ooh very intruiging! I'll read the rest of it tomorrow morning :) well done with the first chapter :)
ImagineReader chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
Ooooooohhh... Arthur deliberately did that to get back at him. That's pretty cold!
CalaisForever chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
SOOOOOO intrigued by this story! I can't wait to see where it goes! !:D
Joey8 chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
So finally the journey to Camelot. I especially liked Bethan's talk with her father - it was a short but very poignant scene.

I also liked how Gawain and Galahad took such good care of her during their journey. I had to laugh outright at the sentence "Despite her best efforts, Bethan was sick". It reminds me of a similar scene I lived through (even though I very much doubted I would come out alive at this time ;) ). Considering the consequences of it all for Bethan, I am reluctant to say it was a "nice" scene, but it was well written and I could certainly relate. :)

A nice chapter, I liked it.

[And that being said, since in my first review of chapter 4 I promised to review all the other chapters -which I did with this review- I'm really looking forward to your next update. There are not many stories that really 'grab' me, but this is certainly one of them, even if it was not 'love at first sight' so to speak. The attraction was there and the outcomes are more important anyway, right? :)

I'm looking forward to reading more of your story and I am curious where you will take this all. :) ]
Joey8 chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Now the second chapter... What to say?
It was a great one! I especially loved that you chose to stay true to the story and take on the challenge of weaving it from the tension spun from Lancelot's and Guinevere's affair instead of ignoring the attraction they had/have.

I admit that so far I hold no great sympathy for Guinevere since she so far seemed to have to take on no more than a disgruntled and hovering husband, but I am curious how she will deal with all this and if there is to be an opportunity for Lancelot and her to talk about it. Great potential for drama there and there is nothing that I love more than a little drama - aside from the romance of course. ;)

Lancelot is very loyal - like in this chapter in situations like this, that makes me grind my teeth and mentallly encourage him to tell Arthur to go to hell with his plans and his Holier than thou-attitude. Which, however, gives testament to how very much in character Lancelot is in this story, as I would picture him just like this as well. Good job!

All in all, I think Lancelot took the news rather well and with as much dignity as could be expected in a situation like this.
Well written, well done. :)
Joey8 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
A review for the first chapter, to start at the beginning.
It was a nice first chapter - more a characterization of Bethan than anything else, but it was well written and I can symathize with many of Bethan's opinions.
She seems to be a free-spirited one, even though she was brought up all of her life to fulfill the wife-role one day.
I'll admit that I was a little reluctant about this story, when I first read it a while ago (as I mentiones in my first review of chapter 4). However the writing was good and the story flowed easily, which convinced me to just keep my mouth shut and read on. And 3 chapters convinced me that you would not suddenly spring us with magical girl take-ons, unfathomable talents in fighting or otherwise far stretched qualities of Bethan - and chapter 4 revealed the very interesting twist, which is most certainly right up my alley!

I'm still a little curious what the curse entails, by the way.

I loved the banter between her and her brother - nicely done! Good job.
The relationship between her father and Bethan seems to be a little ambivalent and I'm curious if this will come around in further chapters. :)

Anyway, a nice start for a promising story.
Joey8 chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
I have read this story some time ago and only now re-read it with the latest update.
To tell the truth, based only on the first three chapters, I believed the story to be one of those stories that would end up too fantastic, too foreseeable and most certainly too easy on the characters, even though it was well written.

However, the latest chapter got me hooked, so please forgive my wrong judgement. :) What an interesting turn of event.
I'll openly admit that I have absolutely no knowledge of the story of Eros and Psyche, so I'll face the story as it comes without any idea where this will lead - and I will restrain myself to look their story up. And what a delicious position it is! Is there anything better than now knowing how a story will unfold and just leaning back to see, being taken along for the ride and knowing yourself in the capable hands of a good author? :)

I love the take on Arthur's punishment (even though this struck me a little as out of character, but who cares? ;) ) and how it affects Lancelot. I'm really curious how this arrangement will work out in the future chapters.
And how Bethan will deal with it all, because, let's face it, this arrangement makes her little more than a common whore to be used at her husband's convenience, and while she officially is married, she will have a husband without a name and without a face. This has to have some major impact on her...

And Lancelot -playing along with such an arrangement- proves more his unwavering loyality to his king, even though I guess Arthur would beg to differ. I'm curious when Arthur will finally face his own demons and admit that it takes two to tango - or is Guinenevere also punished in any way, except for taking her lover away, which certainly won't be much of a punishment from Arthur's point of view...

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Please update soon. I'll readily admit I'm one of the more impatient readers - but in return I usually make it a habit to write pretty elaborated reviews. It's the least I can do to give credit, because effort should never go without appreciation. I'll even try to write reviews for the prior chapters this evening.
That being said, I'll eagerly await the next chapter. :)
Pingtunglong chapter 4 . 1/12/2013
Wow this Arthur is different ... and interesting. I like conflict! What will Lancelot do? Wear a mask a la Masked Bandido? Hmm... carry on.
PS - poor girl, you're really stressing her out.
Girl In the Library Corner chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
Harsh, Arthur. Harsh. Not to say Lancelot didn't deserve it, but seeing Arthur be cruel intentionally makes it hard to read without cringing. Haha.
You do a really good job of showing the emotions of the characters. It's like I could feel Lancelot's misery and fury. I really like the story! Keep up the great work!
CeffylGwyn chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
Firstly, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *faints* I'm in heaven! YOU UPDATED! *SQUUUEEEEEEE*

Secondly, Thankyou XD my *cough* kind reminders *cough* / badgering are ever at your disposal if you can come up with a chapter LIKE THIS ONE! :P

Thirdly, "Better to be ignorant, perhaps, than to know that her husband is a faithless womanizer," Arthur rejoined.
OH SNAP!

Fourthly, Ha! Guienvere really should 'man up' and realise it was HER OWN FAULT...I have NO pity for her... (Sorry, harsh I know, but meh :P)

Great Chapter! Can't wait for more! :)