Reviews for Confronting Destiny
dark drow chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
a gem, the only thing i can label this 3-shot as. its stories like this why i come back to the old sections of and i never regret it :P

conversely though...i always found it odd he didnt do this this in game. sure he HAS to seal the main bad...but its dead, i say live life for a good 30 years come back and seal. ryu know he had to but he was never given a date to.

im glad your story touched on that :P if only for moment with the two
again thank you for writing and please continue to do so, you have a knack for writing please continue to 3
HazzaTL3 chapter 3 . 7/10/2012
A very nice story. Would like to see an epilogue set a couple years in the future with katt married with kids Ryu living the bachelor lifestyle. Nina living in the castle being groomed to life as the future queen. Etc...
The Crimson Wave chapter 3 . 6/28/2012
Sorry, but I did not find this story convincing. There are just too many unrealistic and bias directions supporting Katt/Ryu that I found it completely unbelievable. This is what I hate about many fanfics. They either completely favor Katt or Nina. What about Ryu? How do you know that he's into Katt the way you've shown it. The game did not provide any hints that Ryu was solely only for Katt. How about giving the two leading ladies a fair chance at getting with Ryu? Nina's able to easily return to Windia? Um no... Did you not play the game or pay attention to its story? What about Nina's feelings toward Ryu? Katt's not the only one you know. What's up with Katt's personality? She's nothing like her original character in the original story.
Yuriski-1st chapter 3 . 6/25/2012
So, I guess that means you don't do the games "best" ending...
Narwhale chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
I'd like to say that I'm quite impressed with your story. It's nice to see a little detailed background, kind of a 'behind the scenes' look to the events in the game, since Capcom did an excellent job of giving it's fans a great cliffhanger. That's the one thing that really bugged me when playing this game. While the gameplay and storyline was overall enjoyable, there just wasn't that much character interaction that I had hoped for, not to mention the poor translation. Especially after the happy ending, I have wondered for many, MANY years exactly what had happen after Ryu and company saved the world from Deathevan. I was disappointed in Capcom because they had such potential, but I think everyone can agree that they came up too short of great expectations.

It's nice to see a good Breath of Fire II fanfiction. Though there are a few grammatical errors, I still enjoyed this touching story. However, I must warn you that I am a Ryu/Nina fan. To me, the two just seemed to match more perfectly than Ryu/Katt, but I guess that's an eternal struggle the fans will continue to dispute. 9/10. Excellent work!
Lindze chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
I have a question. The way things were in BoF2, the people of Windia absolutely feared the curse of the black wings. With this in mind, how is it possible that this Nina would ever return to her homeland? Fear just doesn't go away like how you put it, and it would cause political and social turmoil if the black winged exiled Princess is to return to her parents. Any enemies of Nina's parents would likely use this curse as a way to overthrow them. Plus, in the BoF2 ending, it doesn't show that Nina returned to Windia. It only shows that the King was getting better. She considers Township as her home after all...