Reviews for Grey
xBlownxAwayx chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
So cute. I've always thought that Sirius always thought of Harry like a son.
jameselvendork1123 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Beautiful, truly heart-warming. I've read this multiple times already.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great one.
True Colours chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Yay, it's like a de-angsting chain! Sirius de-angsts Harry and Remus de-angsts Sirius!

I thought it was all very IC here. Sirius all moody and self-destructive with the drink, but then all loving (though fierce) for Harry. And I had to laugh (though in a good way - it didn't in any way diminish the seriousness of the story) when Harry came in and Lupin was the one to immediately get rid of the firewhiskey and make some wholesome cocoa, claiming that he'd been going to all along. That's just so what Lupin would do: pretend everything is fine, be all positive and responsible, smoothly cover over the mood and try to make everybody else feel better.

Sirius's point about their respective guilt complexes was really good too. I think it's a slight weakness of the books - though it's difficult to know how JKR could have rectified it, since Harry spends almost all his time at Hogwarts, Sirius has to hide and she's got enough plot to get through without tonnes of letters - that Harry cares so much about Sirius without having really interacted with him much at all, so it's good both that we've got fans to fill in extra little points of contact like this one, and that those fans point out reasons why Harry might feel close to Sirius irrationally, despite not knowing him much at all. The main reason being, as you point out in this fic, because Sirius was so close to his father.

I do have one criticism of tone: 'Green eyes met his own stormy grey eyes.' First of all, I'd have said 'stormy grey ONES' there, but that's a tiny thing; my main objection is that this fic is sort of tending towards Sirius's point of view, even though it's in third person, and I doubt that's the kind of detail Sirius would note. I think the 'stormy grey' conveys something important about Sirius's mood and intimidating aspects, but the real challenge would be to find a way to convey that to the reader - without breaking the Sirius-POV tone. I was also a little bit fed up with the way Harry ignored Lupin the entire time, but hey, that might just be him. He does tend to get a bit Sirius-oriented, and people aren't at their politest in the middle of the night.

True
sbmcneil chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Very sweet! They really do need each other. Glad Moony was there to point out some truths to him :)
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This was very well-written! I really like your characterization of Sirius here, and the way you conveyed his initial downheartedness. Excellent, excellent use of the prompt. I really liked the way you slipped "security" into it. It was a clever move, and really enhanced the story. Well done! :) Thank you for the submission!
The-Girl-Who-Dreamed chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I loved it!
jogger chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
I loved this! Please write more!
HPfan chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Great job!
pseud0zombie chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Very moving story; I like it a lot.