Reviews for A World Of Madness
Saddened Soul chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Very, very cool. Did you play the game recently? The attention to detail here is neat, and I enjoyed how disjointed the scenes felt. You jumped back and forth, taking snap shots of James' odyssey.

What I thought was particularly effective was how some of the moments were the most empty in the game; some people defend the long job into the town proper, for example, citing it as artistic and metaphorical. Maybe it is, but it still bores the hell out of me when I play. It was nice to see those more mundane sections given extra life.

Nothing wrong with the writing, as far as I could tell. Short and succinct. Maybe an extra adjective here or there, but nothing detracting. Overall, it's a strong piece, but the power lies in the writing and force and feeling of the words. Good job.
LapisLazuli100 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Awesome story :-) I love the detail you put nto each nightmare. It' instantly transports me back into the SH2 universe. Very well done.
Maiafay chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
You really captured the chaotic feel of SH 2, the disjointed, surreal haze that was the game in its entirety. There wasn't quite another game like it, even SH3 failed to capture the psychological sexual sadism of James's journey. I think when it comes down to it, we do make our own hells. I think we're great at it. Even our heavens would be messed up, lol.

James toward the end achieves almost an understanding with SH. I like how he gives up and doesn't at the same time. In my canon, it's the best ending. He gets out of there. I think during that ordeal, he had been punished enough.

Great work :)

M
captain-tots chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
I haven't played Silent Hill in years, but I got an author alert from you, so I figured it would be worth the read, and I was correct. This brought me right back to SH2.

I love the way you expounded upon the game... there's so much under the surface of what's just apparent to you in Silent Hill.

My favorite part is the very beginning, where James' body and mind are arguing over the notion of death. It's very desperate and creepy.

Great work; I really enjoyed reading it.