Reviews for Lineage II
Ai chapter 10 . 5/17
Love the intrigue. And the Phindar speech! Can't tell if Dooku is Fallen yet or merely being super creepy.
Guest Floater chapter 3 . 9/7/2014
Woah! That chapter was a bit creepy and slight disturbing. Your description of the subtle undercurrents in Syfo-Dyas’ quarters, as well as the nonverbal communications and cues that magnified the silent presences in the room into prominent relief was very well done. I had assumed that the elegant cough belonged to Dooku. The other one? I had no clue until round two.

I also liked Obi Wan’s bold opening gambit and quick wit, as well as the part where he gathers his focus and shatters the illusion that Chiros attempted to place on him. It’s nice to see how Qui Gon can feel his padawan’s distress through their bond and hasten to his side. The descriptor of how the lift dawdled inexcusably on the way down just illustrates how much the Jedi master cares for his apprentice. Nicely done!
Guest Floater chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
Ahhh come on! No! What’s this about Qui Gon dying and everything? Obi had a vision that the Temple was destroyed too? Just when I thought we were over the bump and heading out of the woods, if not entirely clear of the forest yet. Reading this chapter in light of recent events on Tatooine is making me very, very nervous again.

You know what? I’m going to pretend for my own peace of mind that the vision is a warning from the force to one so gifted with foresight, one out of a great many fluid possibilities and not indicative of a future set in stone. From master to pupil, who then becomes master to a new generation of padawans, Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Anakin will forge a new destiny together. The triumvirate shall prevail! (Hits prerecorded cheers button)

On a more positive note, it’s good to see both master and apprentice take some personal time to catch up with their friends, whether its to do a little research together or kick the tar out of each other in the name of fun and games. That part regarding Qui Gon’s new admirer? Cracked me up! I honestly don’t know where you get your humor but it’s absolutely hilarious!
Guest Floater chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Ha ha! What a great start to Lineage II! I love your characterization of young Obi Wan! He's so humble and self-depreciating, attributing his relative well being to a simple river rock when it was his own will and fortitude that allowed him to endure and prevail against the memory wipe droid. Despite having been through a harrowing ordeal I really enjoyed how resilient you've portrayed him, bouncing right back with the quick wit when Ben-To asked him how long he had to hold on for. It's also fun to see him retain his childhood curiosity and pick up on the occasional intergalactic depreciation when someone slips their tongue even in the midst of a healer's ward. Now that he is officially in an apprenticeship and traveling beyond the protected halls of the temple I suspect his vocabulary will be expanding quite rapidly. That scene where he resists the healer's force suggestion that he get some rest: priceless!

Thinking back, that stone nicely illustrates the difference between Qui Gon's two padawans doesn't it? While Obi Wan accepts his life day gift with respect and gratitude, Xan seems to just dismiss anything he cannot see the inherit value of outright. He comes across as somewhat arrogant for an apprentice, rejecting the stone even after his master has already told him how precious it really was. If he is already making light of his master's goodwill now, it's no wonder their teamwork wasn't meant to be.

It's too bad that Qui Gon feels responsible for Xan's actions and has to spend all this effort trying to make amends for all the trouble his former padawan stirred up. I'm glad Mace stepped in to assure him that the council is already looking into it so that he can focus his attention on training Obi Wan. Xanatos already blotched his chance, so it's only fair that his transgressions should not adversely affect the education of Qui's new apprentice. May they have many interesting years ahead! :)
Olive-Pizza chapter 10 . 11/23/2013
Hiiiiii.
Lovely as always…you are my primary source of procrastination, ruth! But your work is so amazing! I'm so glad you're focusing on Obi…..because he's the best, and I love this master-padawan relationship.
Plus, their banter is splendid!
Thanks so much!
Book girl fan chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
I don't think I'd want to live on Coruscant. Too much noise.
Book girl fan chapter 9 . 8/13/2013
'Paxxi and Kaadi, they are needing a rich uncle for all the children, so! I am getting a head start." ' I wish my uncles felt like that!
Book girl fan chapter 8 . 8/13/2013
What happened to Obi-Wan?
Book girl fan chapter 7 . 8/13/2013
'Obawan will have queens and duchesses pining for him' Is this foresight? ;)

Qui-Gon having a harem, for the good of the galaxy? That would be really funny.
Book girl fan chapter 6 . 8/13/2013
Obviously the experience affected him more than he thought.
Book girl fan chapter 5 . 8/13/2013
Sounds like Obi-Wan is having troubles. As in, more than the usual.
Book girl fan chapter 4 . 8/13/2013
That has been a very difficult day. Really, Garen is a bad influence. So is Tahl. Together? He has no hope of turning out right. ;)
Book girl fan chapter 3 . 8/13/2013
If someone got hurt, a child, then things certainly went to far. He's only a little bit older than my little brother! It's possible I'm getting too involved in this.
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 8/13/2013
Obi-Wan is very interested in fermis.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I feel like I'm missing something. I'm guessing I should have read the original before starting on this, huh? I guess I'm just too eager for my own good sometimes!