Reviews for The First Mate
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 1 . 4/26
I've always found the debate "is Zoro the first mate or not" to be somewhat mote. Whether he has the title or not, he does the job so what does it matter?
bakasaru264 chapter 1 . 4/16
Ah... ZoLu's nakama-ship... Now I could close my eyes and sleep and have the most wonderful dream ever. Thank you for sharing such a great story.
Love it :)
Majin Hentai X chapter 1 . 1/25
Bartolemeo for New Nakama
DeGamer422 chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
I agree with your early zoro attitude for the crew
c0pypa5ted3lete chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
absolutely perfect, i bet zoro was actually thinking these things during those events. spot on :)
great one shot
OnePiece chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Zoro is the first mate of the Straw Hat Pirates. Zoro was willing to give up his LIFE AND HIS DREAM AND THE PROMISE HE MADE WITH HIS CHILDHOOD FRIEND KUINA (which is A VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT THING FOR ZORO) just so Luffy could live and fulfill his own dream of being Pirate King. Yes Even though they are all extremely loyal to each other no matter and respect each other but Zoro (and probably Robin) has the most loyalty and Respect for Luffy. Luffy always listens to what Zoro has to say in serious situations and agrees to them i.e When everyone wanted to go get Usopp back Zoro told him that Usopp was in the wrong and that he'd leave the crew if Luffy let anyone treat him like that again. ALSO When Luffys not around everyone always listens to him. Zoro trusts him 110% and carries out his orders no matter what. He's Luffys right hand man. Him and Luffy are probably the closest out of everyone. If thats not a first mate then I dont know what is.
Prusse chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
This is such a lovely story... I always wondered what's going on inside that green head, I think you did a wonderful job describing Zoro's thoughts about his crewmates!

Thanks for sharing your skills with us :D
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
TRUE! Very True! So True! TRUE!

YAAY ZORO!

LONG LIVE ZORO!

Awesome! XD

I love how you describe it on Zoro's point view...

Love It!
inermis chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This was insightful, but it was a bit too short to give a clear picture of Zoro's character.

The very first sentence hints that this short story is about Zoro himself: "When Zoro first joins Luffy's crew, he doesn't expect to be there long." At this point I believed the story is going to explore his reasons to stay and his growing loyalty to Luffy. Then suddenly Zoro is (very shortly) assessing other crewmembers, but there's no clear conslusion. And in the end, it's again all about Zoro and his loyalty to his nakama. What I am trying to say is that this short story doesn't have clear focus, which makes this more like a random musing than a deeply thought character study.

Despite some its shortcomings, I enjoyed this short story and I think you nailed down Zoro's character extremely well.
songstar13 chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
It was really good. The ending felt a bit abrupt and inconclusive, though. Maybe if you'd mentioned who he was at the beginning so that it contrasts with your last few sentences, it would make the whole story seem like an analysis of how Zoro changes as he adapts to the Strawhat crew and finally accepts his position as Luffy's first mate.

I enjoyed reading this. It's hard to find quality fanfiction in this category, so it's always welcome.

-Song
Lynn D. Mariza chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Awwwwwwww! luv the nakamaship
was gettin used to ur funny stories though...
merlene chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
i love this! i think you really captured zoro,i mean,,i felt like im reading the manga (without illustrations of course) in zoro's point of view,,,
i specially love the last sentence,,,
KEEP IT UP!
BeLLsPrOuT chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Forgive me for being an anon but, how on earth this good piece only has six reviews...I even shed tears on the last part while remembering the very scene itself..

We Need Moar Of This!
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
This is chillingly true and insightful. Behind Zoro's aloofness and forgetfulness and his ability to not being able to backtrack five steps without being lost, is this. He's truly more than he appears and I really like how you showed this.