Reviews for The First Mate
Kagehana.Tsukio chapter 1 . 6/23
I really like the way you've written it from Zoro's pov! The slow change is really nice, and how even Zoro doesn't even really realise the change until after it already happens. Like that one line "Zoro is unsure who is stronger and even more unsure as to why he isn't itching to find out". I really like that one.
KawaiiEdlynChan chapter 1 . 5/27
This was such a cute oneshot! I love reading stories like these! Thank you very much for writing it!
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 1/7
Good work here, particularly with Robin and Franky. Strong writing for the last section
anonymous56789 chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
This was great. I really enjoyed it.
SayMrrp chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Damn, I cry too easily. This is so touching. Thanks for writing it! :D
Yuuzhan Vong Jedi chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
I've always found the debate "is Zoro the first mate or not" to be somewhat mote. Whether he has the title or not, he does the job so what does it matter?
bakasaru264 chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Ah... ZoLu's nakama-ship... Now I could close my eyes and sleep and have the most wonderful dream ever. Thank you for sharing such a great story.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2015
Love it :)
Majin Hentai X chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Bartolemeo for New Nakama
DeGamer422 chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
I agree with your early zoro attitude for the crew
c0pypa5ted3lete chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
absolutely perfect, i bet zoro was actually thinking these things during those events. spot on :)
great one shot
OnePiece chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Zoro is the first mate of the Straw Hat Pirates. Zoro was willing to give up his LIFE AND HIS DREAM AND THE PROMISE HE MADE WITH HIS CHILDHOOD FRIEND KUINA (which is A VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT THING FOR ZORO) just so Luffy could live and fulfill his own dream of being Pirate King. Yes Even though they are all extremely loyal to each other no matter and respect each other but Zoro (and probably Robin) has the most loyalty and Respect for Luffy. Luffy always listens to what Zoro has to say in serious situations and agrees to them i.e When everyone wanted to go get Usopp back Zoro told him that Usopp was in the wrong and that he'd leave the crew if Luffy let anyone treat him like that again. ALSO When Luffys not around everyone always listens to him. Zoro trusts him 110% and carries out his orders no matter what. He's Luffys right hand man. Him and Luffy are probably the closest out of everyone. If thats not a first mate then I dont know what is.
Prusse chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
This is such a lovely story... I always wondered what's going on inside that green head, I think you did a wonderful job describing Zoro's thoughts about his crewmates!

Thanks for sharing your skills with us :D
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
TRUE! Very True! So True! TRUE!

YAAY ZORO!

LONG LIVE ZORO!

Awesome! XD

I love how you describe it on Zoro's point view...

Love It!
inermis chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This was insightful, but it was a bit too short to give a clear picture of Zoro's character.

The very first sentence hints that this short story is about Zoro himself: "When Zoro first joins Luffy's crew, he doesn't expect to be there long." At this point I believed the story is going to explore his reasons to stay and his growing loyalty to Luffy. Then suddenly Zoro is (very shortly) assessing other crewmembers, but there's no clear conslusion. And in the end, it's again all about Zoro and his loyalty to his nakama. What I am trying to say is that this short story doesn't have clear focus, which makes this more like a random musing than a deeply thought character study.

Despite some its shortcomings, I enjoyed this short story and I think you nailed down Zoro's character extremely well.