Reviews for Something's Got to Give
Team Ivy chapter 24 . 4/21/2013
Please update! Please please please! I love this story!
Carla chapter 24 . 2/12/2013
You're back! So glad :D Man, these summers seem to be making more in a week than I do in a month. People desperately want to OFFER THEM jobs? I went to school for the wrong profession, lol. I can't wait for Ivy to get her happy ending :) I don't trust SMASH to do that, so I'll rely on you, haha.
Guest chapter 24 . 1/31/2013
I'm with Ivy, I can't decide whether Courtney's being a passive-aggressive bitch and Ivy's right to be jealous, or if she's just trying to make small talk either. That explanation at the end just seemed a little too pat to be the whole story. I like seeing how far your Ivy's developed since the season 1 finale, yet she still retains the Ivy-ness that makes her a great character.
Imhotep Ardeth Bey chapter 24 . 1/31/2013
Great chapter. I love Henry, and I love the way you're making their relationship go. I hope their relationship continues to blossom and we learn more about him. I think all of the dialogue had a reason in this chapter, with feelings and actions to go with it, and flowed magnificently. I felt more into a story then the previous chapter, and you bounced back great from my criticism and wowed me with a great chapter, even though I know it wasn't for me specifically. I can't wait until you update again!
Guest chapter 23 . 1/14/2013
Did you see the first hour of season 2 on hulu? I thought of this story while I was watching it!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Okay, I love this story. It's actually everything I want Ivy's future to be which, unfortunantely, will probably not happen based on the season two preview. Anyway, great job.
Carla chapter 23 . 12/4/2012
I'm just as behind on reviewing, so no worries about the delay :) Hope your lawsuit (?!) works out ok... Other than that: GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK! That last part was interesting, that she didn't say it back. Never thought about that. But I think Ivy still has the right to be mad or hurt about all these things, because she was clearly the weaker one in the relationship aka the one who loves more and Derek had to know that. Even if she didn't say it. A blind person could have seen it if you ask me. Maybe that's just my impression, but it is what it is :) I'm so excited for 'your' Bombshell to get to Broadway! This will happen, right?! Anyway, excited for more. Enjoy the holiday time
Lizagirl chapter 23 . 12/2/2012
You're grateful? We're grateful! Thank you so much for your fic. It's amazing!
Shanshii chapter 23 . 11/30/2012
Yay update!
I likes this chapter, even if it was only dialogue. The show already gave us an explanation about Ivy, and why she is like she is, and I feel we should have one about Derek, too. He needs a backstory, so it's nice to have this one :)
I also like the last bit about Ivy not saying 'I love you' back. I still wonder if Derek cared, and if he meant it...
I'm looking forward to the next chapters (though not looking forward to it ending)
Imhotep Ardeth Bey chapter 23 . 11/29/2012
So, I've had this story on my story alert since the first chapter, but never reviewed (sorry, I'm usually on the iphone and my typing is horrific on it). This time though, I actually switched over to a computer just so I could write you this review.

I hate to say it, but I didn't enjoy this chapter much. Considering how the rest of the chapters had really interesting dialogue and interesting things going on, I feel like you shouldn't have posted this as a chapter, as it pales in comparison to the rest of them. It's mostly dialogue, very little action - not only that, it's not really dialogue that I cared about. I scanned through most of it, because I found your dialogue dialogue dialogue kind of hard to read and a bit dull, then decided that in order to type a review that meant something I should probably more thoroughly read everything. I don't really understand what any of this dialogue really mattered to the rest of the story, I tried to care about it but couldn't, and I am really sorry to say that I was excited about your update in my inbox but now disappointed after reading it. I really hope that your plan that you have in the next four chapters will put everything together, and maybe be a little bit more interesting.

Sorry,
Imhotep Ardeth Bey
Guest chapter 22 . 10/3/2012
Normally, your dialogue sparkles and this is no different, although I think in this case, there was too much of a good thing this chapter. The first scene just felt unnecessary.

Especially because the rest of this chapter's so great. Ivy's story about her mother at the school play was wonderful and having her tell it advances her relationship with Henry and gives insight in to her character. And her analysis of Derek's apartment versus her own is brilliant, as is the bit about Cora, which so explains the visions and gives insight in to HIS character. With that heavy stuff, all the bits about the life of a New York yuppie from Henry, who I generally like, just seems extraneous.
Shanshii chapter 21 . 9/18/2012
I love the little references you make to real life and real people on Broadway, makes the whole story feel authentic. Also, I think I've said it before, but I have a serious crush on Henry! And he shows a side of Ivy we can't see on the show, plus they are adorable :)
Guest chapter 21 . 9/18/2012
I love love love that you can include an extended Sutton Foster reference, that you can work it in so smoothly, that you make it totally clear that's who your referencing while still leaving out her name and making it not matter who she is specifically, so it still works even for people who don't know who she is. Great stuff.

And now you've got me squeeing over a future scene where they meet and become friends!
Carla chapter 20 . 9/6/2012
Aaaaw, this made me happy and gooey and warm inside. Thank you :) Loved the part in the end- who's got the bigger dressing room etc. Fun, I love that they are at this stage now.
TrudiRose chapter 20 . 9/3/2012
I really like the "frenemy" vibe of Karen and Ivy.

And yay Ivy for finally having an official starring role!