Reviews for Just a Servant
ChristinatheHobbit chapter 7 . 7/3
This was brilliantly done. The exploration of social inequality and Arthur's passion to change that really made this story worth reading multiple times.
Phantom Ice chapter 7 . 5/24
I know this was finished years ago, but that last line... I had to comment.
"It has to be true. Our friendship is the stuff of legends."
That was absolutely amazing. I loved it because, well, it's true, but Arthur cant know that, except here he does because he knows what Merlin means to him, and he knows it's too big to be left out. It's wonderful. A really hopeful ending.
Good Luck!
Larien Elanesse chapter 7 . 4/30
Brilliant story! I love the concept and it was brilliantly executed! Well done! :)
Boudicca1 chapter 7 . 3/19
This story's awesome! And I love the smallville reference at the end.
Obscured Angel chapter 7 . 2/14
Thank you so much for writing, posting and completing this story.
I really loved the characters, their interactions, the plot.
The fact that no magic was involved in the story was also very interesting and different from what I'm used to reading.
Katz4 chapter 7 . 1/25
I think this a good story and thought the social issues you addressed were an interesting topic to say the least. Definitely not something a lot of stories talk about. Something's just can't be fixed with swords or magic, much as we wish it could.

Okay, but I really, really think you need to up the rating on this, and maybe put a Warning in the authors note. I was rather unpleasantly surprised to be honest. Some of these topics made me very uncomfortable and while I'm not telling you to change anything by any means, I just wish there had been more warning. And the fiction ratings say K "Should not contain any adult themes." So, please change the rating. Thank you.
9thZFighter chapter 3 . 9/26/2014
I really enjoy the attention to background info in this. Because while Merlin was very smart, he never did go to school. So it makes sense that he would be falling behind in political conversations. Great job, and I'm on to the third chapter!:D
Areus Bookworm chapter 7 . 8/17/2014
I just loved this story! It brought tears to my eyes with its feels and , even though my sick self now feels even worse after crying, I wouldnt want it any other way.
Megs chapter 7 . 6/24/2014
You got that line from Smallville! Its one of my favorite shows. I truly enjoyed your work. It completely showed the relationship between Merlin and Arthur. I think you did an amazing job.
OnceaSuperWhoLockian chapter 7 . 5/26/2014
Wow. To be honest I wasn't 100% sure what to expect going into this story and was picturing half thought out plot lines with decent dialogue. Imagine my surprise when I found myself absolutely engrossed in this story and the amazing story and brilliant dialogue. You really did a phenomenal job on this story and you should be so proud of it! I loved the characters of Kay and Wart and how their parallel relationship helped Arthur to appreciate his friendship with Merlin on another level, as did learning more about servants and the hardships they faced. AMAZING job!

Jess
Hannah Smith chapter 7 . 3/26/2014
Psych.
greenwings33 chapter 7 . 2/23/2014
Awe!
I love it so much!
Darkest Blood chapter 7 . 2/14/2014
oh my goodness! you are amazing right now. (i love that last section where arthur says "That has to be written down in the history books somewhere." "You think?" Merlin asked, surprised. "Of course," Arthur said, "I can see it now: The Epic of King Arthur and Merlin. It has to be true. Our friendship is the stuff of legends.") i was dying from joy when i read that. this story was very good. Sad and funny both.
Rasei chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
I love Wart, always have since I read Sword in the Stone. To see Kay and Wart in action in Merlin was good. You are a good writer, and I highly enjoyed the whole story. Thank you for sharing it.
BeckaBeat chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
hehehe i like what you did at the end there haa loved the story!