Reviews for Seeing the Eiffel Tower
emeraldarrows chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Oh my word. What a heartbreaking, beautiful story. *sobs*
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Beautiful friendship story, and with a pairing we don't see very often. Well done. I only wish I'd read it sooner.
jodm chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Touchingly beautiful story. Carter never loses that wonderfully innocent enthusiasm!
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
What a bittersweet story. Carter gets to visit Paris, but he doesn't get to see it.

I'm guessing that Carter lost his sight when he didn't get away from an explosion fast enough or something related to explosives? Perhaps something he was working on blew up in the lab?
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Carter has a spirit that can't be defeated, and I think you showed that really well in the last couple of paragraphs. I would love to be able to read a prequel to this, about how he lost his sight, and how everybody learned how to manage and help him.
AllTrekkedUp chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Wow! This is an amazing story! I love how you tell us all about the other guys and what there doing,it sounds like you've been to London and Paris! I like that touch! Very good story,I love it! :)
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Beautifully written bittersweet tale! It's sad because of Carter being blind,but I loved how you interwoven the clues for us up to the end !I really Loved that LeBeau and Carter had continued that friendship after the war!

It was a great that Carter confesse to LeBeau about his trip to visit Newkirk and what he was doing after the war(LOL)Newlirl trying to write his memmiors 7 Times imagine !

A wonderful oneshot but it does leave me wanting to know how Carter ended up blind!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
...Forget to mention I really, really love your characterisation, especially Carter. His "you know, sometimes I just say things, and I don't think about how they're going to sound until I already said them. And by then it's too late, 'cause I already said it. Boy, I never learn, do I?" line is absolutely perfect.
Jinzle chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
A bittersweet and well written story that left me wanting to know more about what happened to him and what awaits him in the future.
konarciq chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Lovely, bittersweet - and so sad... I had to go back to the beginning and read it again to catch all those subtle hints though.

Love the way you worked out how a handicap is often more of a problem for the people around us than for the handicapped himself.

And LeBeau and Wilhelmina - now that is some couple! LOL
Belphegor chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Oh boy. You're too good at this, you know that? One minute I'm enjoying a sweet, well-written (I could hear the voices in my head!) conversation between friends, chuckling at Carter liking a girl's voice and LeBeau not being *supposed* to look at pretty girls (but still noting she *was* pretty!), and the two of them being tourists... And then - just like that - a dozen paragraphs before the end - you deliver a punch in the gut that drives all air from my lungs. I mean, really. I almost never cry when I read, but somehow your dramas are the exception. And of course I had to re-read the piece, and all the sweet little details were so many foreshadowing hints.

I loved how the plans and dreams the boys made to keep themselves warm during the war and what actually happened are different; life has a way of often not turning out like we expect, and you show that very well.

This was an excellent story, as bittersweet on a second read as it's sweet (and later sad) on a first.

(P.S.: I love the covers you've put for your stories! They're perfect :o)
mmwaveprincess chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
You made Carter blind? Awww man that really sux. I'm sad now. But I really like how you did a LeBeau-Carter friendship. And you know I think it's pretty cool how LeBeau is helping him and everything. I like how LeBeau got a girl and how Newkirk got married too. It's pretty sweet. I like this though I still am bummed about Carter being blind.
sarajm chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Sad and sweet
Fear-Of-The-Cold chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
What an amazing story. I didn't expect the ending at all. I knew that something was going on, but I didn't have a clue what it was. It makes sense though, what with Carter always being one step away from blowing himself up. I love that he can still be so excited about seeing the Eiffel Tower, its just like Carter. Nice to see a Carter-LeBeau fic. Loved it!
ColHogan chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Beautifully written and told one-shot about two old friends reconnecting after the heartbreaking that Carter couldn't actually see any of the sights LeBeau showed him in Paris. And Carter's blindness was revealed so subtly that it wasn't really known until the very end. And how typical that Newkirk would be working for the BBC as he does like to be the center of attention. I especially loved the part about Newkirk writing his memoirs or starting to write it seven times. That's our Newkirk.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »