Reviews for Seeing the Eiffel Tower
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Oh, boy, I'm not much into angst, especially postwar angst, but this was a wonderful picture of postwar life for Carter and LeBeau. And now that I think about it, the way you portray Carter, with all of his warm-hearted optimism and joy of living, the story really isn't angsty at all. Except for LeBeau, of course, who grieves more over Carter's disability than Carter does, I think.

The way you gradually revealed what happened to Carter makes the reader aware of all the things he still can - and does! - enjoy...the wine, the warmth of the sun and the breeze, a girl's pretty voice. And it was so nice to see that he is still the same Carter.
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Awww, that is just heartbreaking, but very believable. How characteristic of Carter to feel that HE said something wrong. You played this so subtly that i had to read it twice to get what accounted for the sudden mood shift. I love this vignette and I had forgotten about those two snippets from the show so I appreciate how you tied them together. I also like this exploration of a friendship that doesn't get much attention. My favorite bit of dialogue was LeBeau sniping about the Isle of Dogs and Elephant and Castle - too funny!
Tuttle4077 chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Oh Carter! This was so bitterweet; I liked it a lot. I loved the little blurb about Newkirk, it sounded like him what with the BBC and trying to write his memoirs seven different times.
newkathy97 chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
This was so sweet. LeBeau taking him all around Paris, and Carter loving it. It's sad though, that he never actually got to see it. You let on his blindness so well, it was really gentle. And I could see him not liking London, I don't think he would have liked it very much even if he could see, but with no sight it would be terrible.

Nice touch having Newkirk working for the BBC, that really suits him.
34 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3