Reviews for There is a Season
Frog1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Love the Brother Game as well as this story, are you going to write a sequel to both of these stories soon?
DragonflyonBreak chapter 18 . 11/21/2013
Heath is so awesome - i mean, it's really sad how killing people, even while saving others, affects him in this. But I have to agree with Nick - he's got some skill. :)

I loved this sequel - I thought it was really good. Nice job!

Nora May French chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
I like how you brought the story back full circle, showing that this group of gossips are getting around to other news worthy of their attention, and how Heath is, if not fully accepted, not at the mercy of idle tongues.

I really enjoyed reading this story, actually, I rather loved it. It is one of the best stories that I've read in a long time. There was a wonderful depth to the characters, the descriptions made it easy to picture, and understand what the characters were feeling. Your telling of what Heath had been through, and done in the past, without actually going into great detail about that, but rather about how it affected him in the present, was very effective. It all rang true.
Nora May French chapter 17 . 11/10/2013
This was beautiful - Heath finally opening up, fearing the words wouldn't stop once they'd started, like people often feel tears won't stop if they start crying, so they try not to. I like how you have Nick and Jarrod there for them, and what finally compels Heath to talk.
Nora May French chapter 16 . 11/10/2013
So hard for Heath to give his brothers what they want, and, in a way, it's what he needs, because this is way too much for him to carry on his own. An unnecessary weight, that his brothers will probably not understand unless it's told, and, even then, they won't really understand.
Nora May French chapter 15 . 11/10/2013
I love that it's Victoria, wise in years, who's best able to understand, and put into words what it is that Heath's feeling.
Nora May French chapter 14 . 11/10/2013
Poor Heath, yet more death for him to deal with; I'm glad that he's got Nick as his brother, and hope that he will let him in.
Nora May French chapter 13 . 11/10/2013
Another beautifully penned chapter. I love the analogy that Mr. Preston makes between Heath and the horse, and agree that they are meant for each other. It's too bad that Heath doesn't see himself in that same light, but it does seem that his burden is getting lighter. It's a wonderful transformation to witness through your writing.
Nora May French chapter 12 . 11/10/2013
Beautifully written. I really liked this - "'And somewhere between here and next week we're going to have the talk we should have had a while ago. You're going to give me some of that load you're carrying and let me help you tote it.'" - Nick, sticking closer to Heath than a brother. Makes the heart swell.
Nora May French chapter 11 . 11/9/2013
Heath's pain and sorrow is palpable. Powerful writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
I loved the Brother Game and love that you created a sequel!Thank you so much!
silkandbluejeans chapter 18 . 8/12/2013
Great story. Beautifully written with excellent interior monologue and character development. You really brought these characters to life with a depth and fullness I haven't seen before. I was captivated by the scene between Heath and Nick when Heath finally trusts someone enough to reveal the demons that have haunted him his entire life. There was so much vulnerability and love there between the two brothers. I also thought you handled the scene between Heath and Mr. Preston beautifully. However, I was surprised that Nick never got even one of the outlaws shooting at them. Please tell me you are working on another Big Valley episode.
mab70 chapter 18 . 8/6/2013
I was so happy to find you created a sequel to Brother Game, which I adored. And this story so did NOT disappoint. I love your inner-voice for Heath. And Nick learning patience. I loved ALL of it, even Audra who I often can't stand.
I am grateful to have found your works and very thankful for you sharing your talent.
BLBLF chapter 18 . 5/29/2013
Loved the story.
Vicki chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I just finished the Brother Game and this story and all I can say is wonderful! I love the way you write Heath. Please tell me that you are going to write another story in this series!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »