Reviews for There is a Season
Sarcymar chapter 1 . 7/10
definitely agree with the comments below. beautifully done. wish there were many more chapters from your pen. thank you.
LAG0802 chapter 18 . 5/19
Just finished reading this story and it is truely amazing, well written and the depth of feelings, emotions brought me to tears.
I have love the Big Valley since I watched it on a 19in black and white TV as a child. Heath stealing my heart back then.
Reading this reminds me why I love fanfiction, amazing writers share their amazing stories with us. This is one of the best stories I've read in any fandom. You are a master at your craft, you weave a story rich with imagery and emotion... Bravo for story well told
binkeybella chapter 18 . 2/2
ditto, dixiewriter. She said all I want to say so elequently in her review. I read lots of fan fiction, it's a passion, a wonderful blessing for an escape. I'm always looking for more
DixieWriter chapter 10 . 12/9/2016
You are an outstanding, gifted writer.
I urge you; I beg you - write books. I'll buy them. You are that good.
I am there, on that horse, in the dark, chasing, because your skill draws me in so clearly and easily.
You must have some good tactical skills and strong understanding of battle, of fighting, too. Of soldiers doing what must be done, but wishing it did not have to be so.
It's a privilege to read your stories.
You have a gift.
Share it. Please. Grace the world with your words, your insight and skills. Please.
I'll be first in line to buy your books.
Your gift of words brings adventure; solace; compassion and understanding.
I'm so honored to get to read your writing.
Noah02 chapter 15 . 8/21/2016
This is so great!
Autum chapter 18 . 6/10/2016
Totally love your style of writing! I greatly enjoyed this storyline and hope you will continue writing as you are very talented! Please write another story about Heath.
missblueeyes63 chapter 18 . 2/29/2016
Enjoyed reading your story.
Frog1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Love the Brother Game as well as this story, are you going to write a sequel to both of these stories soon?
DragonflyonBreak chapter 18 . 11/21/2013
Heath is so awesome - i mean, it's really sad how killing people, even while saving others, affects him in this. But I have to agree with Nick - he's got some skill. :)

I loved this sequel - I thought it was really good. Nice job!

DragonflyonBreak
Nora May French chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
I like how you brought the story back full circle, showing that this group of gossips are getting around to other news worthy of their attention, and how Heath is, if not fully accepted, not at the mercy of idle tongues.

I really enjoyed reading this story, actually, I rather loved it. It is one of the best stories that I've read in a long time. There was a wonderful depth to the characters, the descriptions made it easy to picture, and understand what the characters were feeling. Your telling of what Heath had been through, and done in the past, without actually going into great detail about that, but rather about how it affected him in the present, was very effective. It all rang true.
Nora May French chapter 17 . 11/10/2013
This was beautiful - Heath finally opening up, fearing the words wouldn't stop once they'd started, like people often feel tears won't stop if they start crying, so they try not to. I like how you have Nick and Jarrod there for them, and what finally compels Heath to talk.
Nora May French chapter 16 . 11/10/2013
So hard for Heath to give his brothers what they want, and, in a way, it's what he needs, because this is way too much for him to carry on his own. An unnecessary weight, that his brothers will probably not understand unless it's told, and, even then, they won't really understand.
Nora May French chapter 15 . 11/10/2013
I love that it's Victoria, wise in years, who's best able to understand, and put into words what it is that Heath's feeling.
Nora May French chapter 14 . 11/10/2013
Poor Heath, yet more death for him to deal with; I'm glad that he's got Nick as his brother, and hope that he will let him in.
Nora May French chapter 13 . 11/10/2013
Another beautifully penned chapter. I love the analogy that Mr. Preston makes between Heath and the horse, and agree that they are meant for each other. It's too bad that Heath doesn't see himself in that same light, but it does seem that his burden is getting lighter. It's a wonderful transformation to witness through your writing.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »