Reviews for Unexpected
Helene Nightfire chapter 7 . 3/21
Just re read your fic. I don't remember my previous review but i wanted to say I'm glad you have continued with this story. I'm finding it a lot of fun and would love to see where you take the plot. I love your version of Harry. I also like your interesting use of magic. Thanks again for sharing.
Kairan1979 chapter 8 . 3/5
Very refreshing version of events.
I hope you'll update it.
GJMEGA chapter 3 . 2/3
You never stated if they successfully raided Trelawney's stash and if it /is/ indeed weed.
Crystal M. Key chapter 8 . 1/30
I've really enjoyed this story. I hope that you update it someday! Thanks.
old-crow chapter 7 . 1/14
Hi,

To put it objectively, you have a very refreshing tale; one not completely obligated to follow the first five books. Yes, your story is worth finishing. If time is no longer on your side, try something radical, like minimizing the scavenger hunt. Better yet, you could report in the next chapter that Lupin's band of brothers got rid of the ring, the locket, and the snake, all within about two pages. You could effectively eliminate the need to retell book six and the first third of book seven.

On that note, the twins could have an experiment go bad in the RoR and take out the tiara.

On a different subject, having your Harry stay out of the dementor adventure was very clever. I do question why she would have chosen to attack Harry, if the ministry doesn't blame him for the entire world and she had no involvement with magical sports to cause a personal vendetta. However, your remark stating that Fudge blamed Dumbledore for everything that had happened was clarifying enough to justify her presence.

So what's next? Your Riddle must be assessing the situation and gathering his forces. Or is he having trouble recruiting due to the changes in attitudes that your Harry has instilled?

If you take the scavenger hunt out of the equation and take into consideration the newly energized auror force, you could have a believable, epic battle by the start of sixth year.

Respectfully awaiting your next installments,

Old-Crow
MargaritaS chapter 8 . 12/31/2013
i was glad to see this story updated and i do hope that you continue it. i am really looking forward to reading whatever harry has planned to take down umbridge. i like his laissez-faire attitude and approach to everything. and another idea, since he is so focused on making money he could remember that he knows where to find a giant basilisk carcass :) i also am intrigued with the luna plot. anyway i hope you decide to see it through to the end.
Vaanarash chapter 3 . 12/29/2013
I think the only thing that really bugged me in this chapter is the lack of a Harry McGonagall scene. I mean, the last time she saw him, he was covered in blood, slime, and filth, having just saved Ginny and told her that it was the "snake" that he'd tried to tell her about. Then he disappeared for seven months, and what little we saw of McGonagall implied that she had been worried for him and tried to find him, yet we never really see anything come of it. Not even a "Harry, I'm sorry you had to go through such a traumatic and dangerous situation at your age" or a "Sorry I didn't believe you about the giant snake".

Peace, Vaan.
esran chapter 3 . 12/23/2013
Is it a bad sign if istill cant figure out what the point of divergance is, why harry is superpowerful, and what in the world is going on?
esran chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
I am extremely confused about all that has transpired.
Cricycle chapter 8 . 12/17/2013
This is one of the excellent stories that I've managed to find here on FF. Well written, original plot, new interactions? It's extremely impressive, but I suppose that I don't have the discerning eye to really give you the best constructive feedback. Regardless, it'd be excellent if you continued writing, but a busy life is a busy life after all.

Thanks for writing.

- Cricycle
chain.reader chapter 4 . 12/8/2013
What drew me to this story was the "...a complete disregard to anything that doesn't affect him..." from the summary. It was a nice twist.
It was there in year one and two, but then he starts ...caring... :(
*sigh*
serialkeller chapter 8 . 12/4/2013
This is awesome and harry is such a badass, although I didn't like it that he got caught by peter in fourth year. That was just careless. Love that he gets on with everyone though and has tonnes of friends. Really love that he is getting back at umbridge due to what happened to luna. Is the bit of luna saying that death surrounds him a hint at him being destined to be the master of death? Looking forward to more _
renata regina chapter 3 . 11/25/2013
Can't wait to read the next five, but just wanted to take a sec to stop and say how amazing these first three chapters are. I love the twists (:
MSCOCO chapter 8 . 11/8/2013
your so mean not keep going.
segir chapter 3 . 11/3/2013
love they "why do you smell like weed" comment!