Reviews for Unexpected
StoneTheLoner chapter 3 . 4/23
Too much drama, just shut up and get on with the important parts already. You ARE rushing the story by covering entire school years in each chapter, and the only way to do that and tell a decent story at the same time is to skip the unimportant bits. If it serves no purpose later on in the story, then don't waste our time :(
bearblue chapter 8 . 3/19
A delightful revisioning of the HP universe. I quite enjoyed it all the way through and though it's likely you've finished with it, I'd be happy to read more. Either way, I leave satisfied, impressed and joyful at having found this small treasure.
MattKennedy chapter 8 . 11/25/2015
Great story! I love how things are just slightly different. :D And yay for Harry going to 'war' for Luna.
MattKennedy chapter 3 . 11/24/2015
Loved the little bits between Harry and Cedric, especially with what I assume will be happening in Forth Year. Poor Sirius. :(
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
Love Harry's carefree attitude and confidence. :D
DS chapter 8 . 11/8/2015
Really interesting! I really hope you complete this story!
Hell's Angel-Heaven's Demon chapter 8 . 10/25/2015
Really original and great story! Extremely fun to read :)

Hope you do manage to continue it one day as I would love to see how he kicks Umbridge out.

Corwyn chapter 8 . 9/21/2015
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I hope you get a chance to continue it. Thanks for sharing it!
ds chapter 8 . 6/22/2015
Lovely and really unpredictable story! I really really hope you will finish it!
Everlasting Dawn of Eternity chapter 8 . 4/30/2015
This is so gooooood
SeverlyLate chapter 3 . 4/21/2015
Ok, canon is about broody simpleton, here we have a cheery one. Entertaining, but not much. Bail.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/15/2015
I think this is an amazing storyline. And, you write so well that as I am reading, it's like I'm watching a movie in my head. Great job. I hope you continue
Loki Firefox chapter 8 . 4/5/2015
You know what I really like abot this fic? There's a lot and I will tell you but my most favorite is the fact that Harry has FRIENDS. It wasn't until I read this that I realized how strange it is that Harry has, at the most, about five friends his age and only one or two he's close to.

I love the relationships you wove between Harry and the other students. How Hermione is his best study partner but there is no jealousy when he hangs with others. Lavender is brilliant and so is Ron. I love how Draco is a non-entity in his life and Snape is rightfully too concerned with other things to focus on a child, even if he looks and acts like James.

Hogwarts is so real now but still magical.

Other things I like: Moody. His ambushing Harry is hilarious. Cedric and Harry's friendship. Remus and Sirius strained relationship and altered history.

I like how you changed things. You made thugs fresh but still recognizably canon.

I like Harry being a proper Champion. And then proving it. So many fics that deal with Harry being shanghaied into the tournament but it's rare to find one where he is an official champ.

Really, really like the fic.
Guest chapter 8 . 4/2/2015
You need to stop writing in the present tense. It's awful and awkward. You're telling a story. It should be in past tense. Present tense only works- sometimes- in first person writing. Even then, it would still be awkward.

A story is in past tense because the reader is being told or is reading an account of something that has already happened. Present tense generally only works in a conversation that's happening in real time, so it makes your story come off as if it's a summary of another story.
inside padme's wardrobe chapter 8 . 3/22/2015
I know there are bits of this that you don't like, but maybe you can rewrite this or at least try to finish it? It's different and entertaining to read about a smooth and socially capable Harry, who manages to overcome the obstacles he's presented with. This is really a great fic! I hope you update sometime!