Reviews for Gently Go
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 1 . 3/21
It would be interesting to explore this ides in another story one where Harry goes to another world with the same or different situations and ends up improving it.
DanielLC chapter 1 . 2/7
I think Harry is looking at this all wrong. Partially because Dumbldore is telling it wrong, but that's no excuse. This isn't an opportunity for Harry to relive his life but better. It's not something he can do for himself. It's the opportunity to save another world, or at least one small piece of one. Find one where the original Harry would probably have lost. Or better yet, get the Stone himself, and make sure nobody has to go to their next great adventure until they're good and ready. And then he can get the Deathly Hallows again, and save another world. Or train someone else to take up the mantle.
Um the Muse chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Hmm. Interesting story. I still would grab at the chance to get a do-over, but the philosophy of this story seems like it would be a good litmus test. If you feel the need to go back, even after reading this story, that suggests that you're not happy with your life. I also sympathize with the idea that if you go back too many times, you will burn yourself out.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 1 . 7/30/2016
I've read this at various times and my opinion changes with each iteration of my reading as with most fics I return to as I get older.

This time I feel that "I would be saying they were not good enough, that all of the work[/sacrifices meant nothing]." Well, some of that's true and it wouldn't be bad. It also would not mean it invalidates the choices made. It depends on intent. Harry thinks it would and so it would be however. But he doesn't have to. And quite frankly, many of the choices I assume they made probably weren't good enough. He's already determined to dwell in the past if he did go back and would doom himself from the beginning.

Alternatively, he's giving up right now in the form of acceptance. He's a troubled individual to think that nothing good would come of his changes, that he is unworthy to even try.

It all depends on perspective.

I hope you guys share who and where AFC was before you die.
jemuel23euel chapter 1 . 7/3/2016
Another beautiful story.
rnthenu chapter 1 . 6/1/2016
That was nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2016
A good ending.
Francis Sinclair chapter 1 . 3/18/2016
That made shivers run down my arms. Wonderfully done. I especially loved the way Harry's apparent age kept shifting according to his moods and thoughts, the way it's so subtly revealed, like his legs suddenly growing short, his beard disappearing and reappearing, and that ending... Just beautifully haunting. That's one image that's going to stay with me, the Headmaster guiding the eleven year old Harry towards a Hogwarts Express (wonderful choice, just imagining a ghostly-white Hogwarts Express gives me the chills), and little Harry saying "I think he will be" like a child. Ties in so utterly wonderfully with the beginnings in the books.

And that's some great insights about the alternate-reality thing. I'm pretty sure though, that had Harry been any younger, say sixty or eighty, he would have gone back. I see him as scarred very deeply by certain events in his youth, events that he will likely not be able to recover from even if given several lifetimes (Sirius's death being a major one, I was a little surprised that you didn't choose to let Dumbledore mention this. After all, when one thinks of the Veil, it's often Sirius Black that comes with the image). But perhaps the fact that he decided to move on, despite not nearly being over those events, is what makes this choice that much more wise.

This does raise questions though - if Hermione's theories were right, did Sirius travel to another place? And if he did, where does he go when he dies? Do all the souls in all the dimensions go to the same place, board the same train? Wizarding heaven would then seem a very crowded, confusing place, wouldn't it, it'll be possible to run into versions of yourself and all.
Rosina Ferguson chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
A lovely little tale, well told.
DarkPhoenix chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Oooooh... beautiful! I really love how you capture the essence of things so amazingly with such few words! I loved it!
SeaTurtle77 chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Woooooow
Corwyn chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Interesting. Thanks for sharing it.
Haldir639 chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
Absolutely beautiful fic, loved it.
BreathingStar chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Thank you. I have tears in my eyes.
So, so beautiful, it's shows how precious Harry's life, any life, is.
Thank you.