Reviews for A Picture of Tomorrow
imnotraven16 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
excellent awsome story
mushman chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
who hurt you so? just kidding,a nicely done much needed addition on moraine,humanizing a player who until that point might have been hard to understand. read 5 fics a day, only post on one. dont make me wait as long as tor does for the next.
eastbound chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
The fic is very well written, and youre good at portraying emotions, but I think youre a bit too harsh on Lans actions. I mean, he sure was willing to go with Nynaeve, but in the book he was never so scornful towards Moiraine, and it was clear that it was a difficult decision for him. Besides, he surely felt betrayed. Moiraine had announced that she was going to pass his bond without bothering to explain him why. Even though she did it for a good reason (and passing the bond saved Lans life) I think that Lan probably
felt quite insecure about their relationship...

Anyway, it was a nice reading... :)

P.S.: English is not my first language, so Im sorry if I made some mistakes ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
This is a very enjoyable read. Thank you.
Elemental Dragon Slayer chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
nice, liked the idea :D well written as well. i've read the sequel also which was... interesting. (I'll say..)

about the A/N at the end. couple'a points (not arguing or refuting you):
1. im guessing if you'd read New Spring when you wrote this (of course it was impossible at the time since it wasn't out yet XD), Moraine and Lan's warder bond was not one of platonic love or any sort of love really but rather, to me anyway, two people who were friends, close friends then simply close companions.
2. Lan/Nynaeve: all I can say really was it was love at first sight and RJ played it off really well in a fantasy genre like this. And I thought he'd met Nynaeve quite a few times before but obviously being a man of ice he didn't let any emotion of warmth/love to her show through. I don't think he was selling himself to her... he just connected with her (albeit in a very cliché love at first sight sort of way).

but a question, I swear Lan says/talks about 'Moraine' in a more desperate/confused way, as in not at all harsh about her but just wishing he could serve them both, especially Nynaeve now he's so attached to her, etc. I read the books recently and it seemed he wasn't scornful at all. Or if this was changed for the story...? then that's more understandable. to me anyway.
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Oh, this is excellent! Good job on making the reader actually feel. Or me, anyway.

She's also my favourite character. I have to say I almost completely lost taste for the series after book five.
J chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This was wonderful to read (or, uhm, heartbreaking would be more fitting, actually). Moiraine is also my favourite character, and I found the whole thing with Lan/Nynaeve always quite upsetting. I was/still am a little disappointed that the books never really went very deep into her character (so much potential wasted!) and there aren't that many stories about her, either, so I'm really very thankful for this awesomely written piece. :)
Bob G. Leeman chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Moiraine hitting the wine? surely not? but I don't find her out-of-character, this is a bold effort that examines a more usually calm and collected personality in a vulnerable moment, and does so with a sense of real empathy and understanding. will the sequel be set after Moiraine comes out of the rings in Rhuidean? more bad news! WitL!