Reviews for A Handful Still Survive
Batman chapter 5 . 12/27/2012
Omg. The Batman references. 333 That's amazing. You should write a sequel describing how Arthur became Robin or something. I don't know. But, yeah. Fucking Batman.
Sophisma chapter 5 . 11/24/2012
I just really needed to say that this is very beautifully written story. Really, it's extraordinary. You have that very rare skill of making the empty spaces between the actual words speak for themselves. The story is rather simple (though, engaging and a bit sad, and the twist in the end was definitely a small shock), but the way it's written makes it complex and deep and simply fascinating. I can't remember the last time I read anything as enjoyable. Thank you for writing it.
Zuvios Gemini chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I had a very violent reaction when I realized who Joe really was. Holy shit brilliant job!
NineteenTwentyone chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
First of all, I can't believe this has no reviews. Was it deleted but you put it back up?
Secondly, it was really good. I actually found the first chapter painful to read, I was sympathising with Eames so much. I was almost put off reading the rest because I was really not in a mood for an intensely angsty fic and it always depresses me when the one of the main characters is going out with/married to or in this case engaged to someone else (especially if it's an actual character rather than an OC because then I can't hate them). However I really liked the way you write and, being something of a hopeless romantic, decided to keep reading in the hope that you'd give them all a happy ending which, to a certain extent, you did.
I suspected but it wasn't until you wrote "Welcome to Arkham, Joker" that Joe becomes the Joker! And when you mentioned Gotham.
I'd just like to say I really enjoyed reading this. It's so nice to read something without repeated spelling and grammatical errors which also has a good plot and an amazing relationship between the two main characters. I loved the line "He may have been lying, slightly, to Ariadne. By omission. Because what he needs from Arthur is everything".