Reviews for Cold
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I'm surprised that anybody managed to write an Ice Climber fanfic, but you have pulled it off excellently. Now I want to read more about your interpretation of the game.
KoopalingFan chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
That was awesome! I made an Ice Climber story too called "Ice Climber: The Search for Grandpa." But it's nice to see that there's actually something in the Ice Climber archive.
The Elegant Shadow chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
My, I must say that I am quite impressed by the sheer depth that you put into this story, you've managed to say so much about the the Ice Climbers in so few words and that in my opinion is the sign of a good author, my only gripe with the story is that I wish that it was both longer and had multiple chapters. anyway grand story and keep up the lovely work.
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I like how you went about this. The Ice Climber game was so old that most people forgot about them until Super Smash Bros Melee came around. Here it feels like a typical reboot a series goes through like in television or movies; everything feels fresh and interesting and gives a bit of depth to an otherwise story-less concept. Especially around Popo and Nana's (mostly Popo's) affinity to ice. Their relationship here reminds me of BehindtG's interpretation in her (sadly discontinued) SSBM Adventure comic.

Three years of thinking and brainstorming and yet you only gave us 1000 words. Feels right and yet at the same time, too cruel. I like what I see here and hope to read more from what you got.
FIckerkdn chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Really nice detail, I'm surprised this isn't a topic most people would write fanfiction on. Very good story. :)
Rocky chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Wow, amazing work! I was always hoping someone would write a story for this game, and I'm so happy it's a great story, too! Thank you for this gem!
never-vs-always chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
What you've done here is something amazing. You took such a simple premise and turned it into something amazing! You did a great job wielding the game as a tool. Since the premise of Ice Climber is so simple, you could have taken it wherever you wanted to go, and you took it somewhere truly awesome. Fantastic job!
Tune4Toons chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Interesting piece you got here, first in the Ice Climber fandom too.

I really like the characterizations you have for the both of them, the two living off secluded from the rest of the world, different because of their abilities. Your dialogue was very believable, and I like that hint of sarcasm Nana has. I especially love the ending, left there with possibilities even if it appears somewhat absolute. Brilliant work. Cheers!

Tune