Reviews for A Little Test
kayathedragon chapter 5 . 4/11
THAT WAS CRUEL. THAT WAS WAY TOO CRUEL AND YOU KNOW IT. IM SCREAMING AND I WANNA KICK SOMETHING THAT WAS AWFUL I LOVE IT
Guest chapter 7 . 4/18/2014
Whyyyyy. I AM FUCKING CRYING RIGHT NOW!
Guest chapter 6 . 4/18/2014
CHELL YOU FUCKING SON OF A TWO FACED BITCH HOW COULD YOU LEAVE HIM!11!1! *cries*
Guest chapter 7 . 3/21/2014
Chapter 6 was scary if you think of that happening to you... And it is also scary of thinking of looking into Wheatley's eye.. That fear.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/21/2014
I love it! I love all your stories! I may not be a core made for fanfic's bit I'm working on my skills. I love all of this. I never find good Wheatley ones but this is just WOW! I would keep rambling but I need to get back to reading. - Kyaon the Core
Jaywings chapter 7 . 3/13/2014
All right why did I stop on chapter six and go without reviewing this chapter for so long when this is the one with the actual sort of nice ending DX

YO GLADOS what you did was NOT SCIENCE it was psychological and physical torture of a poor helpless core. I mean Wheatley did deserve some sort of retribution for what he did but gosh

Is it 4000 Kelvin? Or 4000 Kelvins? I know 4000 degrees Kelvin is wrong but I don't know the actual proper way to say it.

noooooo why wheatley whyyyyyy

Oh, you wrote "humanely possible" instead of "humanly possible" ;

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH well, I've finished this story, so I suppose I'll be moving onto the next one now
Jaywings chapter 6 . 2/27/2014
My only consolation about rereading this story, and especially this chapter, is that I'll get to read A Few Repairs next. Although that one's pretty sad in places too. aaaggghhh

noooOOOOOOO

All right, I'll admit that when I first read this story I wasn't totally clear on what Chell was supposed to be stealing. I don't... know what I thought it was, but I didn't realize it was the portal gun until Wheatley mentioned it in the next fic, I think. I guess I thought she was supposed to be trying to steal Wheatley, which confused me when she left him behind, heh... I'm dumb DX

Oh my gosh GLaDOS's lines. s;kdljfs

You know I kind of miss the "Vital testing apparatus destroyed" thing. I wish they'd kept that in Portal 2, or at least had some sort of reaction from GLaDOS when you destroy the cameras. Then again, maybe they made up for that with Wheatley's screens...

Aw, that's not true, Wheatley did make sacrifices to get them out of there :( But he is selfish, yeah.

did I ever mention that you're evil
Jaywings chapter 5 . 2/27/2014
Okay, where was I... GOOD GRIEF OF COURSE I LEFT OFF ON THIS CHAPTER
"This is the part where I stop pulling punches" aka The Part Where You Kill Us

*Shudders* Uggghhh... Falling into an acid pit has probably got to be one of the worst ways to go in Aperture...

Haha I like the idea that there's a speed limit on the management rail :P

Oh noooo Wheatley's ranting, nonoNO whyyyyyyy

so this is a pretty short review ahh sorry
Jaywings chapter 4 . 2/19/2014
I love that the bird's name is Caroline aaahhh

Oh man bad mental images about that poor test subject that fell nonononono

Ooh, the thing with Wheatley never going to get repaired... that's another really upsetting thing :(
Jaywings chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
Awww, noo, Wheatley feeling depressed makes me so sad :(

Oh gosh the names of the crows

GLaDOS has kind of a weird fixation on monsters and what exactly makes you one, huh

Oh man I forgot about the colors bursting in front of Wheatley's vision. Thinking about that Tumblr post with the VCR where that same thing happened, that's really upsetting...
Jaywings chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
Oh whoops I started reading the next chapter and got caught up in the story before I remembered to comment as I go. I'm always doing that...

I love GLaDOS's slow clap processor. That is the best thing.

Ugghh dangling that high from the ceiling and swinging back and forth does sound sickening. Poor Wheatley...
Jaywings chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Heeeey so I've decided against my better judgment to reread this story and try not to cry, and also I want to leave comments on every chapter because I don't think I did that last time.

Preparing to go get my heart shattered again hooray

Oh, I like that explanation for the communication link. ...Hahaha oh Wheatley, "Who talks as much as you?" no one. no one at all. nope.

The password is ZZZZZB? Holy crap how long did THAT take to crack O.O

Aha, this was the reason I wanted to reread this fic today! In the shower this morning I was thinking about the scene where Wheatley wakes up and Space Core's gone, and I was trying to remember which fic that was from. I remembered correctly! :D ...Wait why are there skeletons on the moon

Who died there

Did Aperture send up some sort of ill-fated moon expedition long ago

Can you even decompose in space?

I like the way you get Wheatley back to Earth. It's more plausible than him being knocked out of his orbit, somehow falling back to Earth, and just happening to land at Aperture or in Chell's backyard or whatever.

"so she could savor the sound of his screaming" Gosh GLaDOS that's just a little sadistic- TITLE DROP

accchhh nooooo why did i think this was a good ideaaaaa D'X

And this is only the first chapter... and now unfortunately my school's Internet is refusing to work at ALL so I'll have to wait until I get home to send this and read the next chapter.
B chapter 7 . 7/2/2013
This was amazing. The writing is so well done, if i didn't know better i would think you were a professional. The whole thing is absolutely heartbreaking and vivid, and even though you know he deserves every bit of it ( how you made the crime fit the punishments was brilliant) the fact that he is such a loveable character and how helpless he is, as well as the fact that he knows full well that he deserves is makes it so much worse. i liked that line where he is shocked at how much the spike panel hurts and realizing that he was going to do the same exact thing to Chell really helps show who he is. He is not innocent but he was naive and didn't truly think about what he was doing and the pain he was causing when he was in power. I was in the verge of tears during the delusion scene, no joke.
I also love the diabolical nature. that you were able to show in GLaDOS. It was spot on in character for who she was in the game, cold and calculating, but vicious when it comes to revenge.
All characters were absolutely perfect, i could hear the voices from the game and there was never an out of character moment. It is very rare that a piece of writing can get an emotional response from me, but my stomach was in knots as i pictured broken down little Wheatley laying in a dark chamber, broken, frightened and with no hope left.
Finally, the ending was perfect. Chell's wariness was so in character, as well as her decision to check up on the shed. I also loved how what he had seen as his undoing, not being able to speak, ended up being his salvation because it made Chell trust him more.
Overall this was great. And coming from someone who really doesn't like fan fiction i was genuinely surprised with how this affected me.
Silverstreams chapter 7 . 6/29/2013
-shivers- That bit about GLaDOS feeling nostalgic about a successful test…it's just so her. And her dialogue fjdkal;jkl I can't even handle it.

I do love how she managed to turn what Wheatley wanted—to get to the surface—into something cruel. I guess Wheatley had never considered that even if he got there, he wouldn't be able to move.

I am filled with a sense of sadness as I read this last section. Reading all of those descriptions of him flashing back to how his life used to be augh it's like you're trying to rip out my heart. Poor Wheatley. (And I love how you describe the outside word—dark sky, dying wheat. It's such a wonderful way to reflect back on the fact that Wheatley is, well, 'dying.'

Chell's reasoning for why she remained near Aperture made so much sense to me, and definitely felt like something she'd do. And I do like that she still checks in on Aperture—just to make sure that, as you said, " the insane AI that had tormented her was still hiding deep underground, cowering from the unknown that was the surface."

Also interesting that after going through all of this, Wheatley almost misses space. It does seem almost kind compared to what he went through.

And yes I could imagine that seeing something outside of Aperture would be a cause for alarm…and I love the thought process that she goes through, and how heartbreaking it is to see Wheatley's utterly defeated attitude. It has changed so much since the beginning of this fic, so excellent job with that.

Ugh this fic has given me so many feels. I do love an excellent sad fic, and you most certainly did a FANTASTIC JOB with this one. I love it so much—and thank you.
Silverstreams chapter 6 . 6/29/2013
The beginning of this feels so lonely and helpless. Still, his ability to cling to hope is admirable, even when it's impossible and he knows that there's about a zero percent chance of Chell ever rescuing him.

Ugh GLaDOS is so proud of herself for destroying him. And I feel so bad that Wheatley couldn't tell what was going on at first.

I also like the shifts in GLaDOS when she's talking to Chell. She goes from being completely in-control and cruel to almost a little panicked. Well, not panicked. But a little less confident.

And I'm glad that she returned him to a slightly less broken state before throwing him back to Chell. I suppose it's the closest she will ever get to an apology; the closest she will ever get to admitting that she might have gone too far. (Not that she'd ever think that, though.)

Oh man, it hurts that Wheatley finally got his moment to see Chell again, but then found it terrifying. I would agree with him that being at the mercy of her is just as terrifying as being at the mercy of GLaDOS.

Oh gosh neurotoxin ahhh. But I bet GLaDOS would know that Chell could get away—she did give her Wheatley, after all. I like their silent communication as they move inside of Aperture and ahh escaping is one of my favorite things.

I do appreciate that he's worried that she'll land wrong. He does care about her, even after everything.

I do have to say, you do an excellent job at setting up that simulation. It most definitely feels real to the reader, and it hurts how real it must have felt to Wheatley. Still, what a biting and cruel way for GLaDOS to make that point. She does such an excellent job of making him feel the same pain that he caused others, if not even worse.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »