Reviews for It's Hard to Know They're Out There
Lady Azura chapter 1 . 10/2
Man, that ending. I don't know what it is, but it brought me to tears.
PartiPooper chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
I read this first a long while ago and forgot it, but a couple of days ago I stumbled upon the song 'Dead Hearts' by Stars, and it reminded me of this story. I came back here to tell you that, only to find that the story was intentionally based on this song all along. And so, you really captured the song's influence in this story if listening to it made me think of this, so well done. :)
As to the story, it consisted of the beautiful writing and characterisation that I've come to expect from you. It was a real treat to read, and I love the hopeful lilt to the end, like everything's going to be alright, despite the sad tone throughout the majority of this. It's a shame what happened to them, but you portrayed it magnificently, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
WonderlandLost chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
In the best way possible...
your stories absolutely destroy me emotionally. Particularly with this story and From The Queen of England To The Hounds of Hell I've finished reading them and just felt completely uninspired to read another story for a while, because I know I'll have difficulty finding another story that packs such emotional punches as your stories do. They leave me with an addictive sadness that can't be satisfied afterwords if that makes sense? (I hope it does)
Thankyou for another great read!
MaDCoW chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
found this by accident, i liked it.
Partners-N-Crime chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This was so heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time. I don't think I've cried this hard over a fic before.
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
"Why does my heart, feel so bad?" I'm crying, why?, just why? *sobs grossly*
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I've searched high and low to find this story after the elementary school shooting in Conneticut. I feel like it's a sort of awful mental association, but I was reminded of this story, and desperately wanted to reread in the the wake of the tragedy. I think it's mostly a sign of how memorable the story was for me, how I hope the people killed in the shooting can find peace, and the traumatized survivors can move on with their lives the way Wendy and Kenny eventually will. It was a poignant, beautiful piece on it's own, and I can't remember whether or not I reviewed it the first time I read it, but I'm actually terrible at leaving reviews that aren't stories to explain why I loved your story. Which is why I'm telling you I quested for your story because of an actual elementary school massacre.
Koi Carp chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
That was so beautiful. I don't know what to say. I suck at reviewing but I just wanted to say that the sorriest and the hope even the anger in this story was just breathtaking and beautiful. I also like the ambiguous sense of Kenny's dream and drugs induced state, making it seem like a n imagination or reality. Such a wonderful story. Thank you.
fallingwthstyle chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Oh. Wow.

It's hard to find words to say about this. Beautiful and painful are two that come to mind. This one is going to haunt me for awhile. Wonderfully done-!

This: "Stan loved me – I didn't even know that until we were dead. We could have been together" where the waterworks started.

Dieformygoddamnship chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Oh wow. Amazing. I honestly cannot think of how else to describe this.
Thank you for writing something so beautiful.
Maple chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Wow... This was the most incredie piece of work I've read in ages. You should publish books! I'm shaking right now. Dead Hearts is my absoloute favourite song and I never knew it was about a school shooting! But now, listening to it, it makes so much sense.

But I am almost tearing up. I love this more than any other story on this site, and I really wish I had an account so that I could favourite this and subscribe to you, but I don't so I have to resort to pouring out my feels into the longest review I've ever written.

I LOVE it.
southparkgirl101 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Im crying so hard...this is so sad. Like...I never actually thought something like this would make me emotionally sad...but it did. Good job. :)
Drakaine chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
im basically going to sit here an cry for all eternity

that was really goddamn sad.
hootpoop12 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Oh sweet jesus this is depressing yet inspiring o.O great stuff!
XhopeluverX chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Oh my god I'm such a hysterically crying wreck right now. I know, I know, they're fictional characters and it's plain pathetic that I'm crying, but I can't believe it! You're writing style is freaking beautiful and deep! I can't believe that my sweet little Butters would do that! And where did everybody go! Why am I ranting and crying over a fictional story with fictional characters? ? GAH! I'm such a mess right now! :'(

This is so incredible...dear god update soon!