Reviews for The Stronghold
ViolettBlack chapter 31 . 1/8/2014
What a sad story!
I don't like that virus and its storyline which keeps Max and Logan apart during season 2 of the show.
What happened to "Gods to Men," the sequel to "The Stronghold"?

Regarding: Dark Angel Virtual Season 3 & 4 on virtualda dot livejournal dot com

Since my request for joining the Dark Angel: Post-Pulse-Forum, in order to leave a review there where it belongs, hasn't been answered by its staff members, I use this way to say “Thank you!” for the joy, pleasure and fun you girls/guys form the “Cape Haven Writers Group” have given me with writing “Dark Angel virtual Season 3”!
I have the opinion that everyone involved in this fantastic project deserves a separate feedback anyway, instead only one review for all of you.

I discovered, watched, became a Max/Logan shipper and fell in love with the “Dark Angel” series last year after someone from the “House MD” fandom has recommended it to me.
I like Michael Weatherly much better as Logan Cale then as Anthony DiNozzo on NCIS. DiNozzo is too chauvinistic and a little bit too haughty for my taste.
My best friend, who I managed to make addicted to the series too, thinks like me too, that this series was cancelled way too early, probably because of political reasons. It perhaps came too close to the reality. By the way, Eyes Only has a remarkable resemblance to Edward Snowden and I consider the banking crisis, which has caused many people and countries a lot of financial trouble, as some sort of miniature pulse. Recently I saw some pictures of neighborhoods which have gone down as a result of the world financial crisis. These neighborhoods could easily serve as a filming set for a Dark Angel movie. I am pretty sure that some day, we will have hoverdrones, like the ones in Dark Angel, too!

Since the two seasons of Dark Angel weren't enough for me, I began to search after more and discovered and read the books by Max Allan Collins and the Dark Angel Virtual Season 3.
While I like “Skin Game” and didn't like the solution/cure of the virus in “After the Dark” I love your “Dark Angel Virtual Season 3”! This is what I would have loved seeing on Television. IMO, it is way better then many things actually airing on Television or written by high acclaimed authors who appear on the best selling lists and make me fall asleep after only reading the first 3-4 pages of their books. Thank you for writing and sharing it. It surely was a lot of work and a very time consuming project.

Yours
ViolettBlack
alliekiwi chapter 31 . 6/24/2009
What a fabulous story! I was absolutely hooked, wondering what on earth was up with Alec. I wish that you had written the promised sequel, but considering that was 7 years ago, I doubt it will happen now. Ah well, thank you for the wonderful read anyway.
Marcus Sylenus chapter 31 . 5/15/2009
DAMN...

This is a really good story, and it saddens me that we never got to read the sequel. It's been seven years, so I guess I really don't get to keep my hopes up, but it's an amazing story anyway. Your portrayals of Max, Logan and Alec are impressive, and it has all the right amount of angst and humor that made the show worth watching.

Again, very, very good!

Take care.
nexus432 chapter 31 . 4/14/2009
Bravo. Good job with "The Stronghold." I know you have not written in a while, but could you please write "Gods to Men?"
Kou Shun'u chapter 2 . 4/28/2007
""But I'm warning you, I have a black belt."

"Sweetheart," said Alec, propelling her with a gentle hand on the small of her back, "from the moment I saw you, I knew you were a killer.""

_ definately a knee slapper.
StealerOfDreams chapter 31 . 8/16/2006
Woah, that was a wicked sick story. :O Im shocked. It may have freaked me out a bit, and yeah, Logan still REALLY annoys me. Sometime, Somehow, Awhile back I became an Alec fan.

Maybe thats why its a bit freaky.

You say... "Coming soon." But this was written in 2002. So, i wont get my hopes up.

Thank you, this was well written and a good read.

Hannah
timetowaste247 chapter 31 . 6/7/2006
Very good. I really like how you did just cut off Alec's storyline. After the other part was resolved you moved Alec into the spotlight and I think did the storyline justice. Can't wait to read Gods to Men.
Restless Joy chapter 31 . 12/7/2005
holy shit, man. no, seriously...HOLY SHIT. this was amazing, in the literal sense, it actually amazed me. I loved it, and only have one question.

where is "Gods to Men"?
acb chapter 31 . 10/9/2005
My eyes are peeled. They're PEELED!
Annabelle chapter 31 . 9/3/2004
WOW! jaw is slack with admiration and awe that was one hell of a fic- you had me at soo many moments! poor alec sniff sniff what in the hell is going on with him and the physical deterioration shit? excuse my french lolz one wicked fic! WHERE IS THE SEQUEL! don't leave us readers in the lurch! Talent and ideas behind this story should be shared! you've been gone for so long? WASUP? s please continue for this reader!
candyabble chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Where are you? I'm so worried. You wrote this incredible story and updated so frequently with it and then you promised a sequel and it's been forever. Are you okay?
dunsmuir chapter 31 . 2/26/2004
Fantastic story. When are we gonna see the sequel?
olivia brooks chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
wasup emi! Such a cool story u just wrote! can't wait for next chappie! cya
lil secret chapter 31 . 8/23/2003
I absolutely love this fic!

I read it ages ago but couldn't be bothered to review until now. Will you please hurry up and post, I really want to know what happens. So please hurry up and post.

I'm not begging...please...I'm still not begging.

Really I'm not... okay maybe I am but this is a really good fic and I want to know what happens to Alec.
Alexis chapter 31 . 5/22/2003
Wow, that was incredible. I just loved this fic! Your descriptions were so vivid, especially the action scenes. I felt like I was actually there, watching, and not just reading in on the screen.

I looked for the sequel, but couldn't find it listed here. Please tell me you did finish this! I need to know whether Alec truly is insane, and whether Max picks him or Logan.