Reviews for Unfinished Business
AbbyGibbs chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
I really loved it, I could definitely see Abby do just that! Thanks for the share.
WAG2002 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
What a beautiful little story. One questin. Can there be more please?
lovefanfic55 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Outstanding!...what a great short story followup... love how you write these 2 favorites of mine...you writings make it easy to visualize them in the basement and the touching and talking that is taking place between them...thank you for a wonderful story...sal
Bamacrush chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Absolutely loved this!

Great job with capturing their voices.

Loved this line: "Don't know about grumpy and old, but you're my Marine...and I love you just as you are."

Excellent work!
CairnSF chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Bravo! The last lines were the perfect icing of your story cake! Thank you :).
bbfan chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Wow! I'm at a loss for words. This was amazing and so indepth for such a short story. Absolutely beautiful and so well written. You really captured both of them, their thoughts and feelings so completely. LOVED IT!
Sophies-Welt chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
OMG, I loved your story, like I already said! It is so emotional, so touching and we got a happy end :-) Really loved how you stayed in character!
gosgirl chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
You know I love this one very much. I particularly like the way you've captured their voices and kept them in character. Loved how you wrote Abby's nervousness and gradually building herself up to tackling him - so her, both in her hesitancy and realising she had to be the one to make the first move. It's also very in character that neither would have referred to what happened before out of fear of ruining things further. The whole thing is so beautifully written, full of tenderness and honesty and you've managed to keep Gibbs in character very well.

Loved that whole opening set up - you painted a vivid picture we could imagine so clearly. Could see Abby hesitating at the top of the stairs. And so Gibbs to assume it's a guy and want to tackle it head on, with full team back-up (bless him).

Loved those paragraphs referring to what had happened between them, the slow build up of them taking the flirting to another level but without either of them addressing it until the catalyst of her pre-birthday dinner. And you could understand his reasons for pulling back - again so Gibbs. That's a beautiful paragraph of Abby relaxing into his arms, all her tension beginning to dissipate. and loved the way you built up the sexual tension.

Again, so many fav bits, it's hard to narrow it down: "Decided I wanted to spend the weekend with you," Abby whispered. "I couldn't go away Gibbs...not when I can't stop thinking about what happened between us." *love this line*... They'd denied their feelings in the belief that the other wanted to forget about what had happened. *such heartbreak behind that thought*... His own internal thoughts had always been his greatest source of torment, and his conflicting emotions where Abby was concerned had been no different. She made him question everything *sums him up beautifully*...

The chance that it could work out filled Gibbs with a longing unlike anything he'd felt in years. *sniffle*... his acceptance was now obvious in the way he was nibbling on her bottom lip. *such a fun line!*...

Shannon was the last person to look at him like that...there were no walls and no hidden agendas with Abby...all he saw was trust, loyalty and love. *love this thought... and sums up Abby beautifully*... "Don't know about grumpy and old, but you're my Marine...and I love you just as you are." *again, that's why it works with them coz she accepts him for who he is*... "Been a while, Abbs...you're the first in a long time, reckon you'll be the last." *just lovely*... their eyes locking and holding as both of them began to absorb the new status of their relationship. *so tender, could see it so clearly*... Gibbs finally let go...physically, mentally and emotionally yielding to his desires and giving Abby all of himself. *lovely thought to end on*
fart fart chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Great story.
WithTheGrain chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This is a terrific one-shot. Love the way this started with Abby cancelling her plans and finding Gibbs in his basement. The way Gibbs slowly got to the real reason why she had come to see him was perfect! Abby being so unsure and not knowing if she could tell him is so in character and when Gibbs thought it was a problem with a guy and was about to call in the team if need be is wonderful. You had me wondering what was going on with Abby and when you described what had happened on her pre-birthday dinner, what an amazing revelation to the entire story! So perfect the way you described both of them ignoring the situation because they thought the other wanted to forget it. Love that Abby couldn’t ignore what had happened between them any longer and that Gibbs didn’t want it to be just a one night thing, but wanted it to be for a very long time and how much he longed to have a chance with Abby.

Such a beautiful kiss that Abby initiated against the workbench. Love the way Gibbs knew there was still something else that Abby wasn’t saying and the fact that Abby wanted to be able to take care of him. You wrote it so well how they each tentatively revealed their concerns with Abby being unsure about him wanting more than one night and Gibbs wondering if she could put up with a grumpy old Marine.

Really love the way you write these situations between them and how you develop such a beautiful story! So much tenderness and so romantic. Thank you for the time and effort you put into writing and for sharing it!
MrsPenelopeMorgan chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This was awesome. Wish it was a little longer but I loved it very well done!
alohareader chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Great Story!
tanya2byour21 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
this was cute and i loved it. great writing.

tanya
Talldi chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Terrific, tender and a great first time together!