Reviews for Going Home
KOTORgeek13 chapter 16 . 7/31
Lol Yodas playing matchmaker!? Isn't dating against the code?
KOTORgeek13 chapter 3 . 7/30
Caught the knight belaya kotor reference. Nice story. :-)
Seranin chapter 18 . 6/18
I just finished your tale and couldn't in good conscience not review it after your request. All I can say is that it has brought a great deal of comfort. A feeling of satisfaction in seeing the restored love of an imperfect, but whole heartedly good, man and that of his oh so deserving padawan. I look to stories of Qui-Gon Jinn for comfort. For a wistgul glimpse at the mentor I think I've always hoped would appear, since long before this films creation. To touch lightly on some one else's version of this hope, seen in film or written here, gives me a burst of joy and I thank you for it.
AI chapter 7 . 6/2
Uhhh... One braid is not an attempt, no matter how special a braid. Obiwan should've tried a comm or face to face talk instead of calling that an attempt and sulking like a child. Contrived character flagellation makes this an undeserved harangue. Maybe the author isn't familiar with how relationships work in real life. Both are guilty. Man up, both Quigon and Obiwan, and start talking.
Sue Clover chapter 18 . 4/22
Well. I have to admit this storyline makes a lot more sense than the movies do. Obi-Wan is just so, so good! And Anakin was never cut out to be a perfect Jedi - but then that's the tragedy of it. The whole point was that he was a tragic figure who was powerful in the force, but didn't fulfill his destiny until he had already destroyed his own life and so many others. In any case, in this fic that's not the point, the point is that Obi-Wan is a beautiful person who was hurt unintentionally by his master, and he never deserved it, but he's such a good person that he stayed on the light anyways, because that's just who he is. And I love it. For while people may try to write a dark Obi-Wan occasionally, in my mind it just doesn't click. Obi-Wan will never ever ever turn to the dark; he is flawed, certainly, and has moments where he feels dark emotions like pain and loss and anger, but he doesn't use them. He has too much faith in the light, too much love for the world and the people in it, too much serenity. He has too much humility to ever be arrogant. Anyway, thank you for this fic. I really enjoyed it.
Sue Clover chapter 13 . 4/21
Oh, dear. Anakin has passed ungrateful brat into insufferable brute. And very little of that was Palpatine's doing. But I'm sure Yoda will sort it out. And maybe Obi-Wan will help.
I think you meant something like propensity for flight sickness, or aversion to flight. Aversion to flight sickness doesn't quite make sense.
So what is Garen to Padme? Are they in love? Are they also like brother and sister? I don't know. Whatever it is, Yoda approves of it, so I'm sure it's fine.
Sue Clover chapter 11 . 4/21
Whoa. Obi-Wan, you can't do that to people! You know you were just pretending, and we know, but you can't give Qui-Gon a scare like that.
Sue Clover chapter 8 . 4/21
Oh, Obi-Wan. I love him so much. Even drugged and confused and hurt and manipulated, he still has it in him to be defiant, rejecting the dark side. He's so incredibly strong. Hold on, my love. Help is coming.
Sue Clover chapter 7 . 4/21
Well, at least Anakin isn't a total idiot. He can tell something is wrong with Palpatine. And he isn't going to be a dunce and not tell Qui-Gon because of his fear of getting in trouble, or some such nonsense. Oh, stang! Of course it would be thoughts of Obi-Wan that would distract him. Sithspit. That was important. The braid thing is important, too, but that can wait, and this cannot. Damn you, Anakin!
Sue Clover chapter 6 . 4/21
Ani is still annoying. I'm terrified for Obi-Wan, but hey, Anakin saw him and that will be awesome. How the heck did he hide his presence from the Sith? And hon, I know you don't want it to be a romance fic but that could so EASILY be turned into Obidala stuff. But I'm okay with it not. But at least don't make it Padme/Anakin instead, at least not unless he has a major personality overwrite. I know you've finished this story and I can't change what happens, but I'm just telling you. By the way, did Obi-Wan say Dala, as in Amidala? Does he seriously use that nickname for her? That's... kind of awesome and cheesy and so sweet.
Sue Clover chapter 5 . 4/21
Ooooh, Anakin is really starting to get on my nerves. Who does he think he is? Oh, that's right, the "Chosen One." Still, he of all people should know better than to try to possess people. He was a slave; he knows how it feels. And the way he was talking about Obi-Wan... it made me want to squeeze his little ungrateful neck. Just a little. Hopefully he'll grow up a little over the course of this story.
I'm so proud of Shar'tel. I hope he can get away. Maybe he can help the Jedi.
Anakin is going to be soooo jealous now. Padme didn't even address him.
Sue Clover chapter 4 . 4/21
His hair grew to shoulder length in only a year? Oh, well. I don't know much about how fast hair grows.
I was right. It's always Sidious.
So, why are all the chapters labeled "default chapter"? I've never seen that sort of labeling before.
Sue Clover chapter 3 . 4/21
Well, my only guess as to who is responsible would be Sidious. He's ultimately behind everything that goes wrong, right?
jedimasterfinch chapter 18 . 3/11
13 years later... Your story still resonates with quiet power and possibility. I've read a fair amount of Star Wars/Obi-Wan fanfic over the years and only came across yours during a recent search for something "new". Garen/Padme is certainly new and actually, a delightful twist. I love the idea of Naboo becoming a refuge and home to a lost and weary Obi-Wan while his lovable and often under-rated best-friend Garen wins the young queen's heart, with his help and blessing, of course. I appreciated seeing Knight Muln's own power in the Force demonstrated as he held the mighty (yet also beloved) Master Jinn at bay while he uttered the "Sleep" suggestion to Obi-Wan. I understand that change is really the only constant in our Universe but I'd love to see you return to this particular galaxy far far away to continue the unique exploration of the characters we've all come to love as our very own. May the Force be with you!
xirpet chapter 18 . 1/10
Love your story. It was a joy (and angst) to read, and the story flows beautifully with your handle of your language.