Reviews for Cigarette Holes
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
"And then River used her amazing psychic powers to keep the air lock shut and save Jayne, and they all sat down and talked it out like civilized folks, and this amazing story has the happy ending it deserves."

Otherwise this should be in the Tragedy category. I'm gonna go cry now.
Emilia chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
I hate any story that ends in Jayne being dead...but this is so wonderfully written and shows such a different side to Jayne *sigh*

But there is so much left unknown. Even if you leave out the rest of the family what happens to River now? Can she really survive being broken up this badly? Alliance and now Jayne. OMG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!
ehqueue chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I admit that this made me a little teary. I'm a wuss, what can I say. This was so good!
Hotforteacher3 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Omgomgomg Need. Second. Chapter. Please! One where Mal takes his overreacting head out of his pi gu and/or River kicks it out fOr him!
Ms. Chips chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Wow. I do think that Jayne is capable of this kind of sacrifice after Ariel and Jaynestown, and that Mal could be that impulsive. In some ways, the realization about Jayne and River definitely could push all of Mal's buttons. He has little tolerance for betrayal after the Independents failed to send the Angels for them at Serenity Valley, and River has come to be the ultimate victim of the Alliance's evil, so Mal NEEDS to protect her.

However, I can't help but wonder what would happen next. We know River and Kaylee scream at the execution, but how much will this be a game changer for both of them? Can Kaylee still "love her Captain" after he kills a member of the family? And does River see Mal's actions as similar to the Alliance's, taking away what is most important to her? Is Simon conflicted about the loss of life, or is he relieved that the Man-Ape is gone? I don't know if Wash is alive or dead for this story, but in either case, does Zoe relate to the lost love and Mal's role in breaking River's heart, or does she remain loyal to Mal, perhaps even believing that Jayne deserved it? And does Mal have any regrets, once he's had time to reflect on his actions?

I know that this isn't intended to be a multiple-chapter story, but I'd love to read a continuation of it. Can Serenity continue after these events, and if so what changes beyond the need for a new merc?

Thanks for sharing this great story with us. It definitely has me thinking...
Ali chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Oh my God, you killed Jayne, you bastard! (Southpark style.) Poor Jayne, at least he was honest. Too bad River will more than likely kill everyone on the boat now to avenge his death. Mal's probably going to join Jayne in the black, and, quite possibly Simon as well for drugging River so she couldn't stop it.
raynesupreme chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Nope. I don't like this one at all. I mean, it's a good, well-written story and all, but not gonna like it. Re-write it, please. Re-write it where River kicks Mal's ass and Kaylee let's Jayne back in the ship. Oh, OK, it good as is. hiccup, tears, cough, tears.