Reviews for Phoenix Phantom
Guest chapter 15 . 10/2/2015
I liked this chapter, and none of it really felt unecessary, except -maybe- Zacharias's interference in the fight. I really loved the part with Jake actually, it was well done and sweet:)
titan616 chapter 15 . 10/2/2015
I can see Dani reacting that way to the blood quill, and Umbridge reacting that way to the blood quill's loss, though she has no right to give Harry another detention for a reason that had nothing to do with him, so I'm glad Dani managed to get the detention cancelled. To bad Harry doesn't see this as a win. He's such an angry, angsty teenage boy this year.

I didn't mind Jake's appearance one way or the other. I wouldn't worry about reworking the last part of the chapter, it was fine.
plsignoreme chapter 15 . 9/30/2015
I think you did very well. Just the right mixture of canon and original content. And there needs to be a filler chapter every now and again. You did especially well depicting Dumbledore's personality!
SDGhalo chapter 15 . 9/28/2015
wow all Danielle was trying to do was help out and yet Harry still gets mad at her for telling, though its a good thing Danny and Danielle are back on the same page after that little talk they had 2 chapters ago. Job well done on the chapter Rtistic and glad to hear your trying to keep it going oh and hope your short film you were sending to the film festival.

anyways great job hope you keep this going
Gravity Phantom chapter 15 . 9/27/2015
This was PERFECT! Yet another fantastic update! I can't wait to see how other events will play out, and I hope Harry and Dani do make peace with each other. Dani is only trying to help. Everyone was perfectly in character. Well done!
jessie chapter 15 . 9/27/2015
If Zack somehow got temporally kick of the team for being to harsh on his team mates, then their would be a need for a new captain. Dani could take over, she would problely refuse, but Jack and his sister Beth would talk her into it. With Zack of the team their would be need of another player, ... Jack.
You could have loads of fun Dani while she not only teaches Ron but Jack too. And have Harry come in and help. I think Jack could make a pretty good Beater with a little help. you could problely put in a little more funny Drama in their as well. This time it could be Zack Dani could argue with about helping Ron.
jessie chapter 15 . 9/27/2015
Maybe next time Dani sees Danny, she could teach him a few things on a broom. Also I think it is a good idea she gets the upper hand on Zack. It sounds to me that at the way Zack is treating his team members, they are not going to get much farther in the game. Dani's team will be to down to do anything. Also Harry needs to say he's sorry, Dani is only trying to help.
dragonlovewater chapter 15 . 9/27/2015
THANK YOU FOR UPDATING!goood jooob
Plz continue! Reactions were great I think everyone was pretty much in character!
AND COOKIES FOR U! (::)(::)(::)(::)
DinoPirate chapter 15 . 9/27/2015
True that Harry's reaction was a bit uncalled for but Danielle is trying to do her best. You know talking to Danny calmed her down but her temper came right back after he left. Some how, with Dani there, the events are starting to speed up. I really like that you updated and can't wait for the next one.

P.S. When you brought up the paintings, I thought it'll be really cool if somehow Danielle could go ghost and step into the paintings. Then she could explore the art world and it could be good for spying, like listening from the edge of a frame.
Thozmp Corris chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
I liked it, can't wait for more.

The thing I would have liked to see as a counter-argument: Harry's main thing was that it was his problem and that he would deal with it alone. He never stopped to consider that what he thought was his business might not have been. What happens when the blood-quill goes from being Harry Potter's problem, to everyone's problem?

Maybe Harry never thought Umbridge would use the blood quill on others, but would he still think it was his problem alone the first time, say, a first-year had to write lines with Umbridge? Someone from another House, maybe?
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
I absolutely LOVED the part with Jake. I don't care if it was necessary or not, it was an awesome way to remind Dani of her calling and why she does what she does.

As for the quiditch team line-up... I'm conflicted. Part of me agrees with your assessment that he wouldn't want to be shown up by Danielle, and that his pride would get in the way. The other part of me points out that the Seeker is generally considered to be the star player, and therefor he's basically saying that she's better anyway. It's an interesting position that you put Zacharias in, and how he's going to deal with that long-term will be interesting. I don't see him taking it too well when he realizes what he's done in making Danielle the Seeker.

That being said, I'm really curious how Dani is going to get a better broom. Will she borrow Jake's? Would he lend it to her in the first place, after she helped him out? Or, is she going to get a super broom like all the other good widdle seekers?

As for the whole Blood quill fall-out bit... are they not illegal? I know that canon Pimplypigs absolutely hated getting the Aurors involved, but it always struck me as either unrealistic, or a fantastic comment on the levels of corruption in the wizarding world, that they never got involved. The fact that Umbitch was never taken to task for her use of the quill, and that Neville's treatment while being raised, both go either unremarked upon or are treated as a joke... it really says something about the wizarding world either way. It might be interesting to have Dani and Danny come to some of these conclusions as a result of what happens throughout the story.

It's interesting to see Harry from an outside viewpoint in fifth year. He's kind of an ass. I wonder if he'll do something that Dani can't forgive, and end up ruining any chance at them being a couple. Though, I kind of think they wouldn't be able to pull off a long-term relationship anyway. They're just on different levels. Harry is thrust into these really bad situations against a Bond-Villainesque dark wizard, while Dani is capable of and expected to pull out a win in a serious fight. I feel like Harry - used to being the hero - might feel a bit overshadowed. And, as much as he claims to not want to be the actual hero, I think suddenly being shifted into a side-show would really throw him for a loop. That, and he was kind of an ass this chapter... and book, if we're talking canon. Friends, I can see. Romantic long-term relationship... not really. Also, come to think of it, there's just too many secrets between them, and Harry tends to be a bit accusatory when he finds things out on his own that other people didn't tell him.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the chapter.

Curious what your thoughts on the above points are, if you're willing to share?

Update as soon as you can, but I know how life can get in the way.

I look forward to reading more!
jaguarspot chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
I loved this chapter!
I pretty much dropped what I was doing when I recieved the chapter notice. I actually have been rereading your stories and was in the process of sending a motivational review one of this days encouraging you to keep writing.
But since you did that already I 'll just give you my thoughts about this chapter.

Since Dani spent two or three years living on her own in your stories and relying on her powers day in and day out to survive and get around, I rather agree Dumbledore's theory that she needs to use her powers every once in a while to keep her balance. I think her conversation with Dumbledore was a really good one. They covered all of the important points. And I'd been waiting for Dani to see Umbridge's office and her cat-wall XD XD XD

I wonder how is Dani going to get a good broom. Is Zach giving her one to up te team's chances, stressing how the new kid needs charity to get anything? Is Dumbledore giving her one like Mcgonagal did with Harry? Or (and this is what I thought was going to happen as soon as Zach kicked Jake out of the field) is Jake letting her use his, since he is such a quidditch fan?

And about the later conversation with his Ravenclaw sister, back in chapter 11 I thought that the hat's song implied that Dani is going to strive for house equalty during the year, and that girl and Luna can be her first Ravenclaw contacts.

P.s. I enjoyed the resemblances between Jake and Andrew from Amity.

Keep going! :)
lyokoMARVELanime chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
This is great work. Glad to see this story's still kicking, and I really like how things have played out with this chapter. Dani being part of the Quidditch team would certainly help keep her cover better in my opinion, and I can definitely understand why Harry would've reacted the way he did at the end. Can't wait to see what happens next, but please take your time with things. No need to rush greatness after all
Wintermoth chapter 15 . 9/26/2015
F YEAH YOURE CONTINUING :D

Glad to see you're still chugging along with this story. I'm glad Dani went to Dumbledore - I think it'd have been incredibly out of character for her to keep it hush hush. I liked Jake's character as well. It's such a small thing but having him there was good for her character.
Sharkdude5 chapter 15 . 9/26/2015