Reviews for Born Again
rachelmclacey chapter 68 . 5/26/2019
(wouldn't allow me to post a review on the final chapter as i've posted one already)
I try to read this once every couple years, if not once a year. Just as I try to watch the movie once a year. I usually get this feeling, this itching to read this story or watch the movie, when I'm in a time of change or crisis and I need some semblance of direction, insight, or a new perception. Every time I read it I try to leave a review. Every time I read it I learn new things from it. This has been, and always will be, one of the best stories I have ever encountered. You have the intellect and insight of someone with great emotional intelligence. I love how you've chosen this character to impart wisdom through his life story. I have learned so much about other people, which I struggle to do sometimes, but more importantly I have learned so much about myself and who I want to be in life. I think as I read this at different points in my life, I'll notice new messages, I'll understand Priestly's struggles in new ways I wasn't able to before. This story oftentimes comes to my mind when I have struggles or I am thinking about my future; the Priestly you have built for us serves as someone to look to for courage, guidance, and truth. After reading this I always feel new, fresh, and even born again.
deansgirl241 chapter 69 . 10/31/2018
okay so i wasnt sure i was going to like this story. but i figured id try it. and I fucking loved it! it was great and I love how you addressed the end of the movie. I hated hkw Priestley changed himself for Tish. it just didnt fit with him. amd in glad you fixed it! thank you for a wonderful story!
PuzzledBookie63 chapter 69 . 4/27/2017
Dude, I need you to know that I have never seen this movie (I've only heard of it because Jensen Ackles is in it) and I've never read any fan fiction for this movie before this, but I stayed up until 2 am reading this because you captured my attention and wouldn't let go. Nice writing, nice plot, nice twists. A1 excellent. I have class in the morning and I'm definitely going to regret this late night, but thanks for a good time. Cheers
Guest chapter 69 . 8/19/2016
OMG. Amazing. I LOVE this fic. Thanks so much for writing it and sharing it with us!
MaraDixen413 chapter 69 . 2/29/2016
Best Ten inch Hero Fanfiction I've ever read Hand down it was amazing
reader50 chapter 69 . 1/3/2016
I enjoyed your story. I hated that you killed off Mike as I quite liked him. I would have preferred you to get rid of Jude. Then to have Tish with someone else and pregnant again. :(
I must confess that I did not care for the last chapter. It was like you gave up and slapped happy endings on everyone even if some of them were surprising. I loved the other chapters though. Thank you for sharing.
reader50 chapter 51 . 1/3/2016
I want to say this: I did not like that Priestly changed himself physically for Tish. If Tish really wanted him, she would have taken him as he was. That being said, in the movie I loved that Priestly showed what he really looked like under his mask because Jensen Ackles is crazy beautiful and it was a shame he hid that face. I could star at that face all day and not get tired of it. You are a good writer and I loved the hints of Supernatural that I found. Thank you for sharing.
reader50 chapter 1 . 5/13/2015
I am a big fan of Priestly ever since I discovered the movie a few days ago. I like the premise of his background. The storyline started out well and kept my attention, leaving me wanting to know more about these two people.
Book girl fan chapter 69 . 9/1/2014
Huge story, I've spent all day reading it after watching the movie for the first time just this morning, but very much worth it.
rachelmclacey chapter 22 . 8/1/2014
"scraped raw but still willing to bleed for her"... STOP
danielle134 chapter 69 . 6/18/2014
So I just spent three days of my life doing nothing but reading this fic and I have to thank you. I was seriously just complaining that I needed the novelization of Ten Inch Hero and I got something BETTER. I love Priestly's back story. I love that you fixed the ending where he changed for Tish. I hated that part of the movie. Like, you just bitched up a storm about people being too fixated on the wrapping paper then you go and change for a girl. Are you serious? But then you fixed it and it made me happy. You are a marvelous writer and I enjoyed this fic so much.
rachelmclacey chapter 9 . 6/13/2014
yaass lol so good
rachelmclacey chapter 7 . 6/13/2014
Okay... So I just started rereading this and... It's 1am and I am trying so hard not to cry. This is actually amazing. I rewatched Ten Inch Hero last night and man... I wish they would make this fic into, like, a 19 hour movie that included every little detail from this fic lol. But oh my gosh thanks so much for writing this! I'm really really happy that I'm rereading this :)
rachelmclacey chapter 69 . 3/7/2014
Wow.
Thank you so much for allowing me on this journey with you. This is the first Ten Inch Hero NOVEL I have ever read and it was worth the 69 chapters... Trust me.
Wow.
Through it all, you took us. This is so canon for me now whenever I rewatch my favorite movie.
You took me on a journey. I was there when Priestly met Trucker, started at the Grill, met Jude, Tish, and started his life.
Thank you so much... These words are not helping me do this story the justice it deserves.
May the higher being out there bless you and please never give up on this gift of writing that you so rightfully possess.
EvilRoses chapter 69 . 2/23/2014
This is one of the best fan fictions I've ever read, and I've read a lot! Amazingly good! I loved it!