Reviews for A Promise
JJJ chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Beautiful and chilling.
Lt. Basil chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Oh my gosh! That's so adorable! I love it!
I like seeing fics with little Korra. And old Zuko can be fun too. Great job! I give you five stars!
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
It's amazing how much power and emotion you can put in a piece that's this short. Again, wonderful work!
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Wow. Really great job here. You have an amazing gift at description and character analysis without making it seem overwhelming (or overbearing). I like what you have here very much. I especially like your characterization of the aged Zuko. I think you are spot on. I haven't actually watched Korra yet. I only learned of it recently and was thrilled to discover its existence (and was even more thrilled to learn that Zuko is indeed still alive). This story makes me want to watch it even more.

A few things I really liked (besides your characterization): The comment Zuko made about death having already caught him. That was great. Also, I like the references to his age. You aren't letting it stop him from doing what he needs to do, but you are allowing it to realistically hinder him. He "sounds" like an old man while still sounding like himself, which is good. I've recently been hunting down Zuko stories where he meets Korra and for some reason most of the stories I've found either have Zuko sound like some random old man I don't know, or else he sounds like Zuko, but after commenting that he he has grey hair and wrinkles and moves slowly, they seem to forget he's in his late 80s and has a great deal of experience behind him now (both good and bad, I'm sure).

A few other comments (not necessarily criticisms, since I haven't watched Korra, so maybe these are addressed in there. I'm sure a great deal changes in 70 years). You have one typo. When he sits on the stool and you mention that he "couldn't reach that far down", you wrote "could" rather than "couldn't." Minor nit, but I thought I'd mention it. Also, another minor thing that is probably correct if I'd just watch the show:P Isn't it traditional to wait until the Avatar is 16 or so before she/ he is told? Wasn't that the mistake they made with Aang? Or did they tell her early in the new series for some reason?

Oh well... if those are my only two points, that's pretty good. I'm going to stop rambling now, but I just wanted to sing some praise for you:)

Great job! Please write more.

Sirius
Ower chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I loved it. Had a nice flow, was emotional but not to much. was in character with Zuko and all. Good work
Angel chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Damn it. That was sweet. MY EMOTIONS.

In all seriousness, I could see this happening, because Zuko strikes me as they kind of guy to make that sort of promise and have the determination to follow through. Very well done. 3
Craft chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I just got bombarded with too many emotions that I can't handle right now. This piece is unbelievably sad and beautiful. It's wonderful to imagine how far Zuko would go to be reunited with Aang and to still have that strong bond after Aang's reincarnation. Loved it! Grandpa Zuko better be present within the next 3 seasons in L.O.K!
Panthalassa Blue chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
This is great, it really is. It just goes to show you that friendship, if done right, can last MULTIPLE lifetimes. Great job!
Nate-Mihael chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Charming! I hope you'll write more of Zuko in the Korra-verse. You seem to have his character down rather well.

On thing that bothers me though, is that Zuko would be in his late eithties here, and very frail. Azulon was what, 98 when he was killed? Still the picture of health and Sozin was 102 according to written canon (150 in spoken). A pity your Zuko did not inherit that particular trait.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Im gonna cry like I did in Illusions.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Nice work on this.
Zutarafan4ev chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
AWWWWWWW I love it soo cute
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Nice one-shot. With Zuko still being alive,let's hope he turns up sometime.
Koxi chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I love it! I read Illusions and this is the perfect sequel! It's so well written and oh Zuko I love how he hunted the Avatar again! Oh I love it :)