Reviews for A More Savage Place
CJaneCoulson chapter 1 . 3/25
Wow. I'd never thought of that.

When I read this, I had linked the "more savage place" to the fact that essentially none of the Narnians were living freely. That they were in hiding even worse than with the Witch. I had forgotten the war and ignorance that accompanied their beginning. Even Caspian had training to rule...

Very well written! Thank you!
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Oh, very, very nice. Lovely look into it. Reminds me of how, when I was little I read a lot of children's Arthurian legends, and then, now, I've been reading more full versions, and there's a lot of things they don't mention in the children's stories.
Very well done.
-Dyslexic Nerd
UnofficialBrideOfPeregrinTook chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Dang. That was powerful stuff.
Newtinmpls chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Very well done. It adds a layer of grit without tarnishing the sheen of myth.
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
What a powerful and realistic telling of the things we don't want to think about. Bravissimi for your wordcraft and imagination.
Ariyah chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Wow. I'm very honestly impressed! I loved the contrast between the romanticized myth and the dark reality. The only thing I would suggest is to separate the last descriptions of the Sovereigns Four with semicolons to make it a little more reader-friendly (fine, I'll admit it and add "and punctuation-nazi-friendly").

Ariel_of_Narnia
Sleepyreader13 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I thought I'd reviewed the first time I read this, but I evidently didn't...

Anyway, this was beautifully written and brought up some truths that many people don't consider. Poor Edmund. I love it though, it really is wonderful.

Thanks for writing this.

X Sleepyreader13
HumbleOpinion1 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
The golden age fallacy is one that everyone falls victim to. To one degree or another. This, sadly is human nature. Dwarfish nature to, I suppose.
Excellent story. Very well written.
basaltone chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Very much a grown up view of the Golden Age, very refreshing. Freedom is never free, it is good to remember that.
peanutmeg chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
How had I not already reviewed this? I *love* how you wrote Edmund's thoughts, and how they contradicted Trumpkin. Thanks for sharing!
tangledcharm chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Hey guy :] Im writting a story to do with make believe! Heres a chapter from my book Life and Death...If you like it there is more on my webpage- .com

Thanks 3

What are you drawing?” Damien questioned her again, she turned her head and passed him her drawing, she wouldn’t talk to him, showing him a picture isn’t talking Charlie assured herself. Damien studied her art; he traced his fingers over her pencil marks, “What’s the drawing representing about you?” he caught her eyes she knew she had to answer him but Ashley! He smiled at her then continued looking at the rough, edged heart drawing. “It’s about love….I find it amazing that one emotion can create so many feelings…love can be good or bad….it can change you …shape you as a person” Charlie pencilled in a stitch at the very end of the heart. “Love makes you strong no matter which side of it you stand on” Damien added, then he began to slowly draw a boy cradling a girl in his arm, “Love makes each person I think, it’s the one thing we can all relate to” She took the paper away from his hand, smiling she began to add colour to her picture. The awkwardness between them melted away, his soft voice was inviting and warm, he shared his jokes and thoughts with her, it was like they had been friends for years. “OK TIMES UP CHILDREN PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS AT THE TOP OF THE PAPER AND A DESCRIPTION IS PUT SOME WHERE ON YOUR SHEET” the teacher instructed the class. “OMG she’s actually talking to him! She just wants me to smack her face in…” Ashley growled to her friend. “DING DING” the bell for the second lesson rang out.
Elena chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
This is perfect.
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I really like this. And it's so true. That's what legend is, all the good things that happened and very rarely the reality of the situation. Nice work showing a darker side to what is considered the Golden Age. Because, sure, all the dancing and feasting happened, but so did the wars, famine, and agony. Well done!
AlwaysABrandNewDay chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
As do I. There may be more dumb animals, and the land may be tainted slightly by inconsiderate Telmarines, but really?

I believe you're the first person I know of to write such a oneshot. I haven't found the time to yet.

Great fic!

Caity :)
dreaminsapphire chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This is a very interesting take on that short moment. The way Edmund thinks is written just right with a sort of tinge of sarcasm to his words. The realistic view on what they had to face at such an early age is different and makes a lot of sense since they had many struggles to create the Golden Age. This is very well written and shows a lot of little moments in their reign in one shot. Thanks for writing it.