Reviews for Perchance to Dream
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Gosh, I really really feel bad for master chief. if I was him, I'd eat my own gun. man, it really struck a raw nerve for some strange reason..he trusted cortana and yet it was a lie in the end..
dalulzing chapter 2 . 2/21/2013
loyalty to humanity is not loyalty to the alliance. I liked this for the sole reason that he wasn't with Shepard blindly accepting her naive thoughts on inter-species warfare. IN the end regardless or race. Our species is a barrier we were not meant to cross. If humanity isn't the most powerful in that situation they will be wiped out
Guest chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
nice work
One Over Infinity chapter 2 . 11/28/2012
What can I say? Other than that this is quite the piece of work. I'll admit to being quite taken with this story; you've taken the Master Chief, and placed him entirely in the dark, you've turned Cortana into a Cerberus built and controlled AI, you've let Shepard roam free, and you've given Cerberus a few more resources than they supposedly have (in canon), but you manage to do so in a way that seems realistic, close-to-canon, and which inspires the imagination.

I thoroughly look forward to future chapters within this story.

Keeper of Storms chapter 2 . 11/25/2012
Neat. You've got a really nifty setup here, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Though, as far as the Chief's loyalties go, as long as Cerberus is working for Humanity rather than against and doesn't abandon him I'm of the opinion that he will consider it no different to the Spartan program. It might grate a little, and his relationship with Cortana will probably suffer, but Chief has been raised with around the concept of desperate times calling for desperate measures. The Reaper threat definitely qualifies.

So yeah, Humanity Cerberus. That would be an interesting conversation actually, Chief calling Sheppard out on the fact that his actions are damaging Humanity's capacity to defend itself...
HecatonchiresLM chapter 2 . 11/23/2012
I'm confused - is the MC a clone grown by cerebus and all his backstory is a lie, or is he the MC we know from an alt. U?
MathiasMatt chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
wait so the chief is a clone in a long series of clones?! Or at least thats what it sounds like...
hewhoshitsonfoil chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
So the halo universe is a simulated reality created to test various incarnations of the master chief until he succeeds? cool.
forget the rest chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
I know that a regular human could not keep up with an Asari using biotite but the chief isn't normal. He should have been easily been able to match and exceed the you also seem to be downplaying cortana's abilities.
GodzillaMaster chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
You're really going to need a full explanation as to what's happening in this story. From the little hints that you're giving, you're saying that the Chief's entire life was a complete lie and that Cortana and Cerberus itself is manipulating him into believing that he's in a new universe.
The story itself has a lot of potential and I'm rather interested in what's going to happen later on in it.
karthik9 chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
Nu-Klear chapter 2 . 11/22/2012
that was great, glad to see more of this
Tikigod784 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Intriguing. The differences between each characters' campaigns should mix things up in a very entertaining fashion. It'd be cool if you continue this.
Dark Vizard447 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I hope you choose to continue this story.
Commissar Critical chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Ok, First things first. I liked it, It was instresting. But can you elaborate on how Cortana contacted TIM? Also, now this is the Important part, slow down! Really! Now, I was able to overlook those issues because of the great idea, but in future chapters, slow down.

Keep up the good work, try and keep it going.