Reviews for The Simple Life
Eve1incht chapter 30 . 3/4
Hi! Do you know how much awesome you are? I logged in to here just to tell you that. Thank you for all the Nemily fics. I am a hardcore Nemily shipper. And all your Nemily fics are awesome. About this story particular, ending is little melodramatic to be honest, but from starting upto chapter 25-26 were Oh My God! so over all Loved it and recommended it to all my fellow Nemily shippers on twitter.
Roksolana chapter 30 . 3/3
Thank you so much for this masterpiece. I even decided to sign in here so that I could leave a review to this story. It is so well written! Very logical, easy to read. And the language is so brilliant that I enjoyed every sentence of it. All descriprions are so vivid that I literally cried reading about Nolan's sufferings. I couldn't sleep before I read it to the end. There are few books that make me want more. I started reading it for the third time! And enjoying every word. I hope and wish that you publish any of your novels someday and it will become a bestseller because you've got a real talent!
Stranger chapter 30 . 4/24/2014
..Wow.. This story.. Just so freakin wow! XD i'm so speechles! I dont even watch the show ans here i am totally inlove with this story! XD i dont watch it so i dont know the characters but i do know when an author can perfectly perfect a character and damn it you did it perfectly. ** BRAVO!
Baow chapter 30 . 2/10/2014
Oh how I've just suffered a sleepless night over this. I almost stopped at the pregnant for Daniel thing, yet still couldn't. It was that good. Need sleep now, don't feel so hot. lol
christine chapter 30 . 12/15/2013
EMILY GOT SHOT BY DANIEL SPREAD THE WORD
BlindTurtle8104 chapter 30 . 5/31/2013
such a great fic! i was immediately sucked in yesterday and i just finished it now. it's 1:30 in the morning, and I get to move tomorrow! but i knew i just HAD to finish this story tonight! it was amazing, and i had tears in my eyes when emily lost the baby and omg my baby nolan. he's absolutely my favorite character in this show, and you really brought him to life in this fic. congratulations! not many authors on here can do what you did as well as you did :) the ending was of course adorable with nolan and his daughter. i can totally imagine it (Gabriel Mann and a beautiful blonde baby girl. so cute!) so to finish off, amazing work. i'm definitely going to look into your other stories, assuming there are more here. Absolutely favoriting this story and setting an author alert for you so i can read all your new stuff too!
Pezz chapter 30 . 3/30/2013
I loved this story! I love Emily and Nolan together and you did a wonderful job writing them together!
lasarhiona chapter 29 . 3/29/2013
You knew this line was gold when you wrote it, right?

"So am I." Nolan sighed and bowed his head. "We both lost our Amandas, Jack."

Also? I can hear Gabriel Mann's funny, sarcastic delivery of this one: "She's there right now, looks like she's eating a...what is that, maybe a bagel? It's good that she's eating again." Unless you meant it deadpan and serious? I feel like Nolan would be a bit more flippant...

Still fantastic, but only one chapter to go? :(
Guest chapter 30 . 3/29/2013
Really really really good fanfic
probably the best Nolan/Emily story online
you are a very talented writer
please write more stories soon (especially nemily ones :P)
lasarhiona chapter 17 . 3/28/2013
"Nolan reached the top of the stairs and slammed his bedroom door, shutting her out just as sure as she had barred him from her in any meaningful way." Good! Nolan deserves a little tantrum after what she just did. :)
lasarhiona chapter 16 . 3/28/2013
"Emily waited as Nolan padded down the stairs, his eyes on hers with each step he took in slow descent from the moment he looked down and saw her there. She remained rooted where she stood in the center of the living room, now unsure of his intent." So good. And since I'm a girl who loves a decent helping of angst in her fics, this chapter was fabulous. Nicely done again. On to 17.
lasarhiona chapter 15 . 3/28/2013
Okay, so I'm late to the Revenge Game, and only started watching the show a few weeks ago. I devoured all episodes available and got myself caught up to present airings, and then, of course, had to turn to fanfiction. At which point I found you. And your fantastic story.

Completely aside from your grasp of well-paced writing and a much-appreciated adherence to correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, you've really captured these characters. I'm loving it. And just finishing Chapter 15, I am delighted to note that I'm only at the half-way mark in your story.

I was reading so fast and furious for the first 15 chapters that I didn't stop to review, but after the wonderful Emily/Nolan scene at the end of this one, I had to take a breather. *fans herself* So, here are two of my favorite parts from this section:

"Nolan kissed her temple then, lingering close, tempted, before he found the strength to leave her with that, releasing her from his arms and climbing out of the pool." I can *see* this. Nicely done. You've got the gift of not over-explaining things, so I can easily imagine the look of contained frustration, conflict, and regret on his face as he drags himself away from her and out of the pool.

"Hours later, in the darkness, Emily stood at the foot of Nolan's bed and watched him sleep. It was wrong to do this, she knew. It was bizarre, not to mention she'd scare the life out of him if he were to wake up and find her there." Very Emily. She has a great concept of what's not appropriate, and yet she finds herself making decisions to go ahead and do those things anyway. It's got a light reference to humor there, too, which is nice. She's self aware, but chooses to be a little nosy and creepy anyway.

Also? Once of the best delayed-gratification builds I've read in a long time. You teased this out for a loooooooong time, but you did it well, and their relationship grew very believably, whereas a lot of fics just throw the characters in bed together in the second chapter with a single line about "they both knew this was always inevitable" and no appreciation for the journey. Thanks for writing the "before" stuff. :)
Guest chapter 30 . 3/22/2013
Brilliant story, nolan and emily were in character throughout
very nice ending, one f the best nolan/emily fanfics ever!
you should write more
potterbuncker chapter 30 . 3/7/2013
Absolutely amazing, and wonderful for my first revenge fanfic.
Tik chapter 30 . 2/20/2013
I read your whole story in one night and it was amazing and heartfelt. You wrap things up beautifully. You're a brilliant writer no doubt.