Reviews for Tuesdays with Severus
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 9/19/2015
Thanks for the roundup! It is helpful to have one place where all the players are listed like this.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 9/19/2015
Good chapter. In many ways, Snape has as little family as Harry does, and less likelihood of gaining more (Harry is obviously going to marry and have children one day, while it seems pretty clear in your AU setting that Snape will continue living only for Lily in the person of her son).

But this Estelle Smith is probably in danger, if indeed she's still alive. Snape's hunger for someone besides Harry to love him makes him want to care a lot.

As far as I can tell so far, Snape will never have anyone but Harry love him, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 8/27/2015
A wandless Patronus? That is showing off indeed (and Harry must be feeling *really* bored. Perhaps that's how Snape should have gotten him to learn Occlumency in canon-by telling him that 'it's so advanced, Potter, I truly doubt you will learn it...'

But that is heartrending backstory. It will be interesting to find out what, or who, is behind all this.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 8/12/2015
Oh, my. All sorts of interesting revelations about Estelle Smith here (and a tragedy, perhaps, that her baby didn't live. Not a Squib, he was in the registry, but...inconvenient, perhaps to Certain Parties). And maybe the reason that Reggie turned against the Dark Lord, too.

Poor Harry! First his magic goes wonky, and then the Post Owl of Doom messes him up.
Dimac99 chapter 22 . 8/12/2015
Another excellent fic. I loved all the mystery and angst, esp with so much of that angst focused on Snape's past. Your OC and his mini auror training program were great, esp as he basically kept sending Harry for Long Stands without him even noticing! (Too busy trying to pay attention!) At some point though, all this head trauma has got to catch up on Harry and Ron...
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 7/30/2015
One thing Harry didn't think of-is that his experience of Hogwarts was a lot different than Snape's. He walked into a group of friends and being favored by the Headmaster. Severus walked into being hexed by the Cool Kids and having Lily join them. But then, Harry doesn't always think about Hogwarts being bad for anyone, because it was so good for him.

But he was smart enough to talk to Draco, when he'd rather not.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 7/9/2015
If Snape had wanted Harry not to try to figure it out with his friends, he would have said so. He knows about Harry and loopholes, and he also knows Hermione. (But I suspect this is the first time she's really taken a rest since the Battle of Hogwarts, myself).

I love Harry's letter-he throws Snape a lovely, delicious red herring and then has fun with it, thus giving Snape something to flare up and die down over, and perhaps not ask too many silly questions.

And Snape *does* need this extra rest. He really hasn't recovered from so many years, and so much pain and so little sleep.

Ah, the wonderfulness of mashed beets. Frankly, I hate them too.

And Draco is probably right.
Alex chapter 13 . 7/8/2015
You gonna give Drakie a new friend? Should be interesting, as long as you don't screw up, which I doubt you will, with what you've written so far.
Alex chapter 11 . 7/8/2015
He turned over again. Tomorrow was Saturday. He fully expected another letter from Hazel and he really, really wished he could read it without Severus and two Aurors looking over his shoulder.
I believe this paragraph has a mistake, if you agree feel free to fix it, if not then I hope there's an explanation later, because I fear I am missing something
Alex chapter 10 . 7/8/2015
Well, if that's the biggest problem Harry's promise causes him he should count himself lucky
Alex chapter 9 . 7/8/2015
Civilized conversation with Draco, what is the world coming to
Alex chapter 8 . 7/8/2015
Well, we're making all sorts of connections aren't we. Also, you had an error in this chapter, or at least I think it's an error. You put Emerald Smith instead of Emerald Williams, so you should probably fix that
Alex chapter 7 . 7/8/2015
There are so many ways that first condition of Harry's apprenticeship could bite them in the butt. If this were a normal book I would imedeatly peg it as a plot device for making problems when the school ended up under attack (at which point Harry should go to the Room of Requirements) or Harry got hurt enough to need to go to St. Mungos or something, but considering nothing has happened with Bill yet, I'll just keep an eye out for this to come into play again
Alex chapter 6 . 7/8/2015
As if Harry'll trust the Aurors
Alex chapter 5 . 7/8/2015
I think the only other way that could've played out would be Harry opening the letter and running to Severus. I'm uncertain as to which I would have preferred, this was definitely entertaining though.
758 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »