Reviews for Tuesdays with Severus
Alex chapter 7 . 7/8/2015
There are so many ways that first condition of Harry's apprenticeship could bite them in the butt. If this were a normal book I would imedeatly peg it as a plot device for making problems when the school ended up under attack (at which point Harry should go to the Room of Requirements) or Harry got hurt enough to need to go to St. Mungos or something, but considering nothing has happened with Bill yet, I'll just keep an eye out for this to come into play again
Alex chapter 6 . 7/8/2015
As if Harry'll trust the Aurors
Alex chapter 5 . 7/8/2015
I think the only other way that could've played out would be Harry opening the letter and running to Severus. I'm uncertain as to which I would have preferred, this was definitely entertaining though.
Alex chapter 4 . 7/8/2015
I love your writing, but I feel the need to point out that Harry would almost certainly say," you and Malfoy," not "you and Draco" because Harry thinks of him as Malfoy.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 6/7/2015
Oh, dear. And this when everything comes home to roost. And as usual, Snape is the one who is punished for doing the right thing. He's always the perfect scapegoat for the sins of everyone else as well.

At least Harry doesn't hate him, though he had to take a while and think about it.

Sadly, Snape is right, though; who will trust him with children after this?
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 5/5/2015
Yes, Snape is honorable in a way that 'Hilda Smith' might never understand. She never had to grow up hated by everyone around him and *know* for a fact that no one cared, not even the staff, about his life. She never was betrayed by a loved one for the bully who organized horrible pranks against him. She never sweated for twenty years to atone for a very few years of being a DE (if it was more than one year before he turned his coat for Dumbledore).

Luna already understands how honorable Snape is herself-she was there at the school that ghastly year when Snape had to keep the Carrows in line, as well.

Here's hoping that Harry understands.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/30/2015
Escalation. It's not just a bystander this time, but a member of the Trio, a friend that Harry has had since his first year.

And this is why Snape is worried about Harry's stress; it's possible he foresaw this escalation, but didn't know what to do about it, since Hermione is um, pretty sure that nothing is going to happen to her in the Muggle world. And of course the first thing that Harry would do is run to her side. I wonder what might be waiting for him there?

It's nice that Harry is worried about Snape, though (nobody else ever is).

Here's hoping that Hermione stays safe.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/17/2015
Oops. This is certainly a different development. How did Anastasia Snape become Estelle Smith? (and if magic protects magical children, well, that explains how Severus and Harry managed to survive to go to Hogwarts. What a pity that magic doesn't actually protect children *at* Hogwarts).
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/1/2015
Aha, the plot thickens! Another letter from Hilda Smith (and I just bet Ron ended up eating that blob of egg and nobody told him where it had been).

And a neat little test of Harry's good sense and loyalty to Snape, via Auror Peace.

It will also be neat to see what Harry's entry in the Magical Book looks like.

Draco's childhood nanny? And here I thought he was raised by Dobby (and frankly, that would explain a *lot*). Cool angle there.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/13/2015
Ha, yes! Welcome to the Auror world, standing around quietly and listening a *lot*.

Wait till Harry gets introduced to the paperwork side...

And how many Harrys are going to show up at Hogwarts in eleven years?
wrappedinharry chapter 22 . 3/3/2015
A very emotional but perfect ending. A beautiful series; I have enjoyed every last word.

Thank you.

Lesley.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/1/2015
Good chapter. Yes, the investigation is narrowing down to what Williams knew and when she knew it, and why did she lie. And Severus is terribly hurt, worried and dismayed-if schoolchildren had died, of course it would have blown back on Snape. Plus, he's worried to death about Harry (though still having presence of mind to check on Harry and Ginny and hands out where he can see them).
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 1/17/2015
Oh, my. I think the letter was meant to make Harry get out of the way while the tunnel collapsed on someone that Hilda Smith (whoever she might be) didn't like, and if other students were hurt, so what?

As for Harry's magic-let's imagine how strong Snape's would be if *he* had been nurtured, too. Again, everything that Harry went through was worse for Snape, and for longer.

I really like Minerva here; Snape desperately does need to vent, whether he's in front of that blasted portrait or not.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 1/2/2015
Yup, this Hilda Smith, whoever she really is, smells like stalker to me.

Unless she faked her death, wanting to put suspicion on her boyfriend, not knowing how well Dumbledore could cover things up (cf Agatha Christie, Gone Girl).

But yes, everything from her should be heavily inspected.

And yes, Snape has become a father. But once Harry has his own family, he'll be alone again.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
Who is this Hilda Smith, anyway?

And I think it's sad that Snape has totally given up that part of his life, and let it be buried with Lily. Hogwarts has already had one Headmaster who buried his heart, and we saw how well that worked. Sorry to repeat myself, but I still think it's sad.

Harry is in a lot less trouble than he thought he would be, probably *because* Peeves interrupted him and Ginny. Hmm, wonder how much direction Peeves is taking here?

And really liked the way that Draco apologized to Ollivander.
761 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »