Reviews for Tuesdays with Severus
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 5/5/2015
Yes, Snape is honorable in a way that 'Hilda Smith' might never understand. She never had to grow up hated by everyone around him and *know* for a fact that no one cared, not even the staff, about his life. She never was betrayed by a loved one for the bully who organized horrible pranks against him. She never sweated for twenty years to atone for a very few years of being a DE (if it was more than one year before he turned his coat for Dumbledore).

Luna already understands how honorable Snape is herself-she was there at the school that ghastly year when Snape had to keep the Carrows in line, as well.

Here's hoping that Harry understands.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/30/2015
Escalation. It's not just a bystander this time, but a member of the Trio, a friend that Harry has had since his first year.

And this is why Snape is worried about Harry's stress; it's possible he foresaw this escalation, but didn't know what to do about it, since Hermione is um, pretty sure that nothing is going to happen to her in the Muggle world. And of course the first thing that Harry would do is run to her side. I wonder what might be waiting for him there?

It's nice that Harry is worried about Snape, though (nobody else ever is).

Here's hoping that Hermione stays safe.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 4/17/2015
Oops. This is certainly a different development. How did Anastasia Snape become Estelle Smith? (and if magic protects magical children, well, that explains how Severus and Harry managed to survive to go to Hogwarts. What a pity that magic doesn't actually protect children *at* Hogwarts).
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/1/2015
Aha, the plot thickens! Another letter from Hilda Smith (and I just bet Ron ended up eating that blob of egg and nobody told him where it had been).

And a neat little test of Harry's good sense and loyalty to Snape, via Auror Peace.

It will also be neat to see what Harry's entry in the Magical Book looks like.

Draco's childhood nanny? And here I thought he was raised by Dobby (and frankly, that would explain a *lot*). Cool angle there.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/13/2015
Ha, yes! Welcome to the Auror world, standing around quietly and listening a *lot*.

Wait till Harry gets introduced to the paperwork side...

And how many Harrys are going to show up at Hogwarts in eleven years?
wrappedinharry chapter 22 . 3/3/2015
A very emotional but perfect ending. A beautiful series; I have enjoyed every last word.

Thank you.

Lesley.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 3/1/2015
Good chapter. Yes, the investigation is narrowing down to what Williams knew and when she knew it, and why did she lie. And Severus is terribly hurt, worried and dismayed-if schoolchildren had died, of course it would have blown back on Snape. Plus, he's worried to death about Harry (though still having presence of mind to check on Harry and Ginny and hands out where he can see them).
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 1/17/2015
Oh, my. I think the letter was meant to make Harry get out of the way while the tunnel collapsed on someone that Hilda Smith (whoever she might be) didn't like, and if other students were hurt, so what?

As for Harry's magic-let's imagine how strong Snape's would be if *he* had been nurtured, too. Again, everything that Harry went through was worse for Snape, and for longer.

I really like Minerva here; Snape desperately does need to vent, whether he's in front of that blasted portrait or not.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 1/2/2015
Yup, this Hilda Smith, whoever she really is, smells like stalker to me.

Unless she faked her death, wanting to put suspicion on her boyfriend, not knowing how well Dumbledore could cover things up (cf Agatha Christie, Gone Girl).

But yes, everything from her should be heavily inspected.

And yes, Snape has become a father. But once Harry has his own family, he'll be alone again.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
Who is this Hilda Smith, anyway?

And I think it's sad that Snape has totally given up that part of his life, and let it be buried with Lily. Hogwarts has already had one Headmaster who buried his heart, and we saw how well that worked. Sorry to repeat myself, but I still think it's sad.

Harry is in a lot less trouble than he thought he would be, probably *because* Peeves interrupted him and Ginny. Hmm, wonder how much direction Peeves is taking here?

And really liked the way that Draco apologized to Ollivander.
restinpace chapter 22 . 11/10/2014
Wow! Great story, great mystery! I loved the mix of emotion, adventure, and mystery. This last chapter was such a nice wrap-up.
You mentioned that the story was getting away from you and you were mixing things up. I didn't notice anything too bad (I assume some have been fixed up; I don't remember any mention of Armand instead of LePonte), but I did notice that sometimes you called Hilda by the name Hazel which you originally gave to Zacharias Smith's sister.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 11/10/2014
I wonder if Harry will try to heal Marietta Edgecombe's scar, too? Oh, wait, being worried about a mother's job and possibly being tortured by Umbridge means that one should carry that scar forever, I keep forgetting.

But when Harry healed Snape's cut, it didn't seem to heal anything else in Snape.

Still, getting a wand for just school is probably a good idea.

I am glad that Snape isn't forgetting about Draco, though. Considering the way they were a) sent to the dungeons to be trapped in there forever and/or b) sent out of the castle to die on the battlefield, it's a wonder there are any Slytherins there (or is Draco the only one?).

Good chapter, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
An excellent beginning. Harry is only beginning to hear bad things about Severus; I'm sure this letter is subtle compared to others he will receive on that line.

But here we see his next year encapsulated-adulation, Ginny, Quidditch, class, letters, and growing up.

Snape, apparently, is slated to end up the solitary Headmaster, living only through Harry. Which will work as long as Harry is at school.
angeld34 chapter 15 . 9/20/2014
This mystery is getting so interesting. A baby Black? I can't wait to see where this is going. Also, as an FYI: you mentioned in the last story that Professor Slughorn had retired again, but now he's teaching potions.
angeld34 chapter 5 . 9/20/2014
I've been reading your stories for the last couple of days. I love Severus and Harry's relationship! And the changes that their relationship caused! So wonderful! I wanted to let you know that the first time H. Smith is mentioned in this chapter, she's listed as Hazel, but then is Hilda the rest of the time.
756 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »