Reviews for North and south modern take
christine.golden.716 chapter 19 . 3/18
I do. I'm disabled due to a disintegrating spine and take several meds for it. Vicodin blocks pain and enhances the effects of other drugs such as muscle relaxers; however, after taking it regularly for a few months, it loses its "high." Then, you just don't hurt anymore - which works for me.
LadyForrest chapter 61 . 3/17
It was nice to re-read your story and it is nicely improved. I look forward to your stories and they are never boring. Thanks a bunch!
anna.pantelarou chapter 62 . 2/12
Aww I just found this and I couldn't stop readinf! That was soooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with us
CoffeeBiscotti chapter 34 . 10/26/2013
Your note is spot on. While reading this chapter, I was contemplating to myself about how annoyed I can get with fictional characters because they DON'T TALK TO EACH OTHER. But I know that then, there would be no story to tell! It does make me wonder how they'd cope in the real world though! That said, I am enjoying your story and look forward to what is to come!
Addicted Fan chapter 56 . 10/10/2013
Oooh. I like the idea of an M-rated Ch 56. Perhaps you can indulge us readers and write it and post it as a stand-alone chapter? Please!
Mimi chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I stayed up last night reading until the end. I loved how you transported our favorite story into modern times. You are very talented so I hope you will write more North & South fanfiction. The epilogue was great too! I also loved your notes and last chapter - its neat to be able to get a glimpse of your writing process and deliberate decisions you made. Personally, I would have liked "Mature" rating so you could share their first love making scene from John and Margaret's point of view. Espescially since it truly would have been their first "true love" passion.

Hope your write another story! You are very talented!
Mcmjp chapter 61 . 10/4/2013
So clever. Really enjoyed this story
Pooderpops chapter 62 . 8/23/2013
I think you had a lot of creative ideas when you modernized this story. You should consider developing your story more fully and trying to publish it. Great job!
pooderpops chapter 61 . 8/23/2013
One of the best fan fics I've read. Thanks!
Brit Anon chapter 25 . 5/28/2013
Onto Chap 25 now!

"Can you hear Mad Men's own Don Draper in Mr. Thornton's voice?"

Who'd hear an American voice for Thorton!? He's of the North, his accent is a certain kind of Northern deep but clear voice. Like Sean Bean or Gene Hunt. If you don't have a Northern English accent in your head when reading Mr Thornton's voice, then I watch Life on Mars on repeat! (Rant over.)
Brit Anon chapter 15 . 5/28/2013
Currently reading chapter 15, and loving this adaptation.

Just have to say that it is indeed an acceptable comparison, as in both original and modern versions, marriage or "dinner" (ala Sherlock TV connotations) Thornton is basically saying "I'm attracted and want to have sex with you, what do you think?" it's the whole changing of agenda from platonic to sexual that no doubt Victorians must have been aware of, as much has us.
NCgirl2 chapter 30 . 5/16/2013
John keeping the straw is so sweet.
supurreader chapter 46 . 5/12/2013
Way to go Mrs. Thornton!
OliviaBe chapter 61 . 5/10/2013
This is one of the most exquisitely written works of fanfiction I have ever read. It made me both laugh and cry. I will treasure being able to read it over again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing and posting this. May you be blessed in all your endeavors.
BlueNynaeve chapter 46 . 3/5/2013
Mwah-ha-ha! That's right, John, listen to your mother's wisdom. If only that had been true in the first place...