Reviews for When She Smiles
Sailor Pandabear chapter 16 . 6/9/2014
interesting
icedcooly chapter 8 . 12/5/2004
i'm in the middle of the fic now..i'll plough through this baby if it takes me all afternoon! (or more!)

this fic is special, very unlike other rk ones i've come across. there's a lot of business and settling (in in kyoto) going on in the first half, lotsa mundane but significant details. i really appreciate this deviation from the usual romance genre, which i expected from reading the blurb. and, i love the relationship between enishi and oibore even though it seems somewhat tense and formal. i can imagine how years of estrangement from each other, and enishi's silent personal battle without family support forms the reason for this though.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, it makes a lot of sense, and is one of the most mature pieces of writing in rk fiction i've seen thus far. i really like it a lot. i'll drop another note when i complete it!
KatsyKat chapter 16 . 9/9/2004
In telling you that this story was awesome, I fear I may be under-praising your accomplishments. I’m sure I don’t have to go into how rare it is to see a half-way decent Misao and Aoshi fanfiction. Most writers are too busy focusing on the earlier Miaso and her childish ways to look into the mature woman she is to become. I’m not sure why, but Saito also sticks out to me as wonderfully portrayed in this story. There was something that was just… so right about him. Aside from your in-depth and accurate coverage of the characters the storyline itself was wonderful! Interesting, original, not too slowly set up, or too quickly portrayed. This is defiantly going on my favorite stories list! GREAT JOB!
Airen2 chapter 3 . 6/2/2004
I would have never sespected I would enjoy a story about Enishi so far.
petite chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Phew, what can I say anyway. You've finished your work so delicately. Long narrative, yes, but still hooked attention till the end.
About the characters, I'll just review on them whom my impression left.
Enishi, creative thought. Since he's not too revealed in the original source/RK, I believe you've spent a lot of consideration on him. Well... honestly, he's a bit unbelievably 'too soft and buddy-buddy' here (-_-;is that a word?). But yeah, his ammend is the topic, who am I to complain anyway. Afterall you've made it up at the end. There's really more than meets the eye on that cutie (what? he IS good looking,'kay?)
Misao, nothing's new here. Hehe, sorry, but despite it's a relief that you're sane enough to not THAT easy sacrify her LONG history of relationship with Aoshi, Misao's remained loyality is not unexpected. Genki, sincere, patience as always. My fave girl. Patience? I have my reason.
3rd, Aoshi, speak of the devil. Why, this man's really annoying. While in the Aoshi-is-bad-boy-and-blunt-hot-stuff (o.O) fics, he's OOC, but when he is on his-self-zen-atmospher-style fics, like yours, I always fight an urge to tear him in pieces. Maybe Misao's obsession has rub off me. "As to Misao, you were quite correct. She is the heart of the Oniwabanshuu and belongs to the Okashira." Sure. Sweet and unnerving. Still, I grinned from ear to ear.
Kenshin, hug him. Eventhough he never win 'the title of the strongest' in my heart (like there's anybody want to) over Ah-Oh-Shi(_can't help it), your Kenshin chara here has ensured me that he's the man of warm and thoughtful heart. I salut you for made him mentioned his experience with Misao in such a soft way.
And as for Oibore, Saitou, Okina, Yahiko, and the kwartet Oniwa... yeaa, love you guys too :p Kaoru? Oh, that Himura's wife. Thanks author, for not kill Aoshi chara by food-poisoning. No offense Kaoru fans, that's why she's famous and loved anyway.
Wow, long. The point is I thank you. Hope we'll meet again.
EK chapter 16 . 4/16/2004
This is EK of White and Black and the Crouching Tiger Realm Info files. Requesting permission to add this fic to the fic recommendations at the Crouching Tiger site.
Thank you very much.
All hail Gackt-sama!
EK 8 )
Angrybee chapter 15 . 10/4/2003
Oh my god. I am laughing so hard I am in tears. That Aoshi sure is a clever one, when he wants to be. These guys all need to go no Springer!

This is the best story I've read in -forever-. I like the way you have the four RK warriors (Kenshin, Aoshi, Enishi and Saitou) all pulling and tugging at one another. Your descriptions of the way they all manipulate one another has me in hysterics.

Now all we need is for the Tenken to join the Oniwabanshuu and later declare his undying love for Tokio. ROFL!
Angrybee chapter 9 . 10/4/2003
Oh my! This story is awesome. So many twists and turns! And you gave Aoshi just the perfect edge of dangerousness. O. So many more chapters to read. *jumps up and down with delight*
NoshMono chapter 16 . 8/23/2003
I' ve finally finished the whole thing! Whoa! That's a very good perspective on Enishi's side of story
Kris chapter 16 . 5/28/2003
Very very good It is one of the best fics that I have read. Are you planning to make a sequel to it? Or do you want to leave the rest to the imagination? Anyways it was very good work.

Oh yes and I love Inuyasha so if you could send me directions I'd appreciate it.
Tracey Claybon chapter 16 . 5/1/2003
Wonderful story, full of twists and turns - I truly couldn't tell who Misao would end up with in the end. Nice work here.

Tracey
Lazuli Silverwing chapter 16 . 9/20/2002
I loved Aoshi in this chapter- and in this entire fic, for that matter!

I loved the fact that this fic was set after the manga.

I even loved the fact that Aoshi's rival for Misao's love was Enishi (I was actually surprised at first, but you made it so believable!)!

Its too bad that this fic is nearing its end!

I love this fic. Period.
Sano2 chapter 16 . 9/18/2002
Gosh! This fic is really awesome. Don't know what else to say. I couldn't stop reading. I even came late to school because I was still reading (although I was aware of the time).

You are a rally good writer. Have you considered writing a book?

BYe
erin chapter 16 . 9/17/2002
well, i like it pretty much. The visit to himura was complete in character.

And about the inuyasha fic...
rurouni chapter 16 . 9/16/2002
"The Oniwabanshuu had always been, and would be again greater than the sum of its parts."

Just one of the examples of various words of wisdom incorporated into the story.

A really great read, and I enjoyed it immensely! You've taken great care in writing, and I'm sure us readers appreciate it...

Thanks for writing!