Reviews for The Warp is Calm
Anon chapter 4 . 3/31
Mary sue inquisitor is mary sue.
jgkitarel chapter 4 . 3/9
Now THIS is interesting...

This is one of the few WH40K Crossovers I can stomach. The Imperium is still a bit player in the ME verse, but that is due to still establishing their presence, and being as it is a massive Inquisition op, that means that they're being careful. It also reflects the outside the box thinking being displayed for the Imperium.

I look forward to seeing what comes of this.
bryan.fran.984 chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
Please update this. It has been a long tine...
Commissar Critical chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
What the heck? I'm confused on a few issues
know there are an extremely small number of black people in the entire Imperium l
as humans? Explain yourself.
Commissar Critical chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Are these early Astartes? Do they not understand the evils of association with xenos?
speaker of babbel chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
I
Love
This.

The ammount of work and thought that you have put into the writting so far is amazing, and i hope that you keep writting chapters for this.
Hellraptor chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Great story so far, but anti-matter grenades? Really? Even if that grenade contained only 1 gramm of antimatter, it would explode like a small nuke, surely destroying everything in 100 metre radius
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Wanting to like this but the Imperium doesn't care for xenos especially ones like the Asari. Shepherd is nothing more than a alien lover and useless to any human cause.

I like the Imperium because they don't do any of that useless crawling and ass kissing like the rest of humanity, aliens are untrustworthy and they don't apologize for recognizing that fact.

They would be more likely to let the Reapers reap, and then come in and destroy the relays.

Nice try.
CookieMonsta1233 chapter 4 . 1/9/2014
LOL at the one-handed Sphess Marine. That is moment worthy of 'Like a Boss'
Razbunatorul chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
I really like this. I would love to see more. I hope that you continue to update and that your financial troubles get sorted out. Best of luck. This is a very entertaining story, and is quite well written.
Commissar Rasher chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I'm sorry to say this, but you lost me.

I remembered reading this story a long time ago, liking it a lot, hoping it wold be continued, and then came back so long after to read it again, and found that you threw the whole thing out and started fresh.

Normally I would not have a problem with this, but in my opinion as a reader and sometimes a writer, the new version is objectively worse than the original in every way I can imagine, really. Firstly the worldbuilding has been gutted. The most interesting thing about the old story was seeing your Inquisitor grow and develop, getting a feeling for how he works as a character, and then following him as he set out to explore the Mass Effect universe.

But in this new version you simply throw the two worlds together, no lead up, no forethought, just clashing themes. So you removed the thing that made your story foremost worth reading, the worldbuilding and character development.

Secondly though is the inaccuracy and, well, shallowness of the canon Mass Effect characters. First of all, replacing the established and loved crew with OCs for no apparent reason is almost never a good idea, and it makes no real sense why you did it here. Further is the complete unknown that is Shepard, who in no way acts like the character from the games, and seems more like a platform for you to talk through the story about your personal morals and beliefs than an interesting character. Again, I normally have little problem with OOC Shepards in a game like Mass Effect, but the one seen here is simply not interesting to follow as a character. These were issues that were present in the original version though as well, which was a reason I always skipped those sections on re-reads. Furthermore, in this version why do you have the canon ME characters stand on the sidelines like cheerleaders whilst 40k OCs handle a major, plot important, emotional and morally challenging encounter? That was such a wasted opportunity I can barely understand it.

I'm sorry, I try not to be negative or criticizing, but why you would replace a troubled, but decent story with this is simply beyond me, I tried to like it and found that I could not. I'll check in from time to time to see if anything has changed, but for the moment those are my thoughts. I really am sorry to say this, but I felt I needed to be honest.
Sora with an S chapter 4 . 10/24/2013
Your changing back-story and cannon-events... that makes the story more interesting, if a little difficult to read.

Now of course I have only two questions... how did humanity end up in three places (Earth, Thessia and Terra) and how the heck did the Impirium get an outpost set up in another Galaxy. (Did they find a wormhole or something?)

Oh, also, why are the Tech-Priests being so lenient on using Xeno-tech? Do they not know that Asari didn't invent it?
Yikari chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
Thank you for the update!

I'm not entirely sure where this would go from here. IMHO, something really unexpected should happen soon to shake things up.
lazyguy90 chapter 4 . 9/26/2013