Reviews for The Warp is Calm
AngelForm chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
Would still have liked to know how, when and why they are in this galaxy but the content itself is solid.
Yikari chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
...I find it strange that none of the characters made a mention of the insane amounts of the bling Astrates usually bring into battle with them :)
PostHocErgoPropterIlle chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Excellent restart. I see mass effect has been appropriately buffed which is good, because the Mass Effect universe was always a little pathetic compared to most any other scifi.
Vermin-lord chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
Can't wait to see more
Vermin-lord chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I love that this isn't a complete stompfest like most 40k crossovers are. It's good to see their not unbeatable
Rexnos chapter 2 . 5/22/2013
I actually kind of miss the original first chapter. The new chapter will flow much better into a story itself, but the original was basically a prequel. It told the background for both Shepard and the Inquisitor. While it was nearly bloated with exposition and necessary grounding in both universes, it also added additional degrees of realism, which I always appreciate.

That said, I also very much enjoyed the new first chapter. While the progress of Shepard's team through the base was fairly bland, I felt it built tension very well and provided an adequate grounding in the setting. The real gem was obviously the fight between the inquisitor and Beneziah. I don't believe I've ever read such an explosive one of one combat sequence ever. The two of them were remarkably well matched in ability even though they relied on entirely different combat doctrines. I'm very much looking forward to what the Inquisitor will do with her. I always felt she was painfully under explored in Mass Effect canon. Heck, even Liara didn't seem to care much about her death.

Later,
Rex
Cheeki Breeki chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
I'd have to re-read the old story to know for sure, but this version definitively seems to be the better of the two.

Starting in Media Res is a technique that isn't often used well in fanfiction, I don't think many FF writers have a good sense of pacing or plot structure in general, but this story captured my interest. Especially how you seemed to have changed everything up from the original.

The use of Alpha Legionaries is also interesting. Their status as a mystery faction in 40k allows for writers to make up their own fluff and personalities for the Legion. They work with terrorists, heretics, xenos, and Daemons on a daily basis, yet seem to have an unshakable faith in the Emperor. I do not believe any "Canon" space marine chapter, Chaotic or Loyal, would think twice about totally and utterly destroying the ME universe, after all, they do not believe in the Emperor and consort with xenos/ Are weak. The Alpha Legion gets past that by not really being "good guys" per se, but they might have what's best for the universe at heart.

That's assuming that the Space Marines you show are Alpha Legion, but, come on. Changing faces? Blue and Green paint armor? Radical "Inquisitor"? The fact that the "Inquisitor" says he has "'...not had a fight this lively since...' The armored man's voice trailed off for a moment, and when he spoke again, his voice was considerably less amused, and had taken on a grim note, 'Since treachery beyond measure.'"? The only way he would know that is if he was there when Horus rebelled, meaning he would be really damn old. Or manipulating the Eye of Terror. Either or, or maybe both.

Needless to say, I'd feel pretty silly if it's just a random faction you made up.

Anyways, I hope you don't abandon this story any time soon. It's unfortunate when writers leave stories to rot in archives, forever unfinished.
Red Guardsman chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
Excellent rewrite here - though I'd recommend throwing the old one back and marking it as 'Discontinued'. Hell, you made a really decent effort in that one.
All that aside, good work all round! I liked the way you portrayed the Space Marines, and it's interesting to see that the Mass Effect galaxy has some weapons of use against them, even if they are few and far in between.
Haarlock was much better portrayed here - disregarding what I read about your previous fic, I can tell that this is one that would be more realistic. Previously, we had a huge build-up and a small action sequence with the pro-slavery conclave of Nobles in the fleet, but here it's straight to the action and straight into the awesome. He's a proven bad among asses in this fic by his presence alone. Brilliantly executed, on the Imperials' part.

I look forward to seeing more of this! Fave'd and followed.
Lost Guy chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
hahahahaahaha... god i want more! this just seems to be getting better and better! honestly i think this will turn out great, just keep doing what your doing and lets reveal some more imperial tech.
Lost Guy chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
ok this has me on edge... i am loving this inquisitor and his guards... keep up the epic work...
Narf the Mouse chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
I haven't seen a single story of yours which fails on technical details; aside from some of your early writing, all of them are good stories, as well.
Arthur Nathaniel Onymous chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
You can't see it, but I'm grinning like the Cheshire Cat right now.

Keep up the good work!
anon chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
This story is awesome. I hope you continue it. I really want to learn more about this Zechariah character, and see how the reapers interplay with Warhammer characters. Invasion of an omnicidal extra-galactic machine race? Just another Saturday in the Imperium of Man.
Yoholic chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
Im liking the remake more.
Yoholic chapter 1 . 5/19/2013