Reviews for The Simplest Save
Restrained.Freedom chapter 5 . 1/29/2014
Hi *host/Guest/Critic
I find it delicious that you have re-reviewed my chapter... I find myself almost honored by your return. The strange thing is... everything that you have said only supports Eragon's current position. I think we see things quite similarly with one exception, you support Eragon's choices and reasonings, and I find them in need of improvement.
XD
Anyways... I am glad to have you "haunting" my story. It is intriguing muchly.
The Critic chapter 7 . 1/29/2014
One could argue that he has more reason to do so, if that is indeed true (and I'm not so sure it is, but I digress).

For instance, though Murtagh is closer by blood, I would argue that Roran is closer in all else, since they grew up side by side in the same village, working, playing, and growing together. Wouldn't you feel more affection towards someone you'd grown up with, as opposed to someone who may be your brother but whom you've hardly known?

And one could say that his feelings for Arya are influenced by blind emotion. He obviously already sees her through rose-coloured glasses, and we all know that love (pesky emotion, really) can adversely affect one's judgement. Also, it'd be strategically useful to save her, as Islanzadí would likely abandon the cause if she were to die, or even attack the Varden in retaliation.

Meanwhile, though Murtagh travelled with him for a few months, he shared little about himself, and though they grew close, it lacks the bond of his relationship with his cousin or the rosy tinge of his relationship with Arya. In fact, what he gathered above all else from Murtagh was a love of freedom and privacy. As his slavery to Galbatorix violated both, to Eragon's (admittedly simplistic) logic, death was clearly the better option.
Restrained.Freedom chapter 6 . 1/27/2014
Hi Guest, {regarding your thoughtful review of chapter seven...}
I admit that line 'desire... to kill him even" could be misread, and it sounds like you just did. I wasn't trying to imply that Eri enjoyed the thought of killing his brother. Goodness no. I was stating that Eri desired to accomplish what he thought he had to. But at the same time... do you really believe that if say... Arya or Roran had been in Murtagh's place that Eri would have 'accepted' the inevitable task so easily? No he would have searched -beyond all hope- for some way to save them.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/27/2014
Logically, it wasn't a desire to kill that made Eragon not rescue his brother. It was sheer practically. He knew that the king had Murtagh's true name, and at that moment, he didn't know that it could be changed. For all he knew, it could be a permanent condition. If that had been true, then death would've been the ultimate mercy. Torkenbrand's death could've easily been seen as cruel, since he belonged to himself, but the consented freeing of another from slavery isn't a lack of mercy; it's the greatest mercy. Even more so when Eragon wouldn't want to do it.

I also rather disagree concerning the vegetarianism.
Nell chapter 7 . 12/14/2013
That was cool! I like the little girl's interactions with Murtagh!
Nysvehj chapter 7 . 12/11/2013
Wow... You are still writing... How delightful !
In spite of the long break, you managed to pull me in your fascinating world. I love it.
I just hope you won't let us wait another year before posting a new chapter ! Please, have mercy on us...
Restrained.Freedom chapter 7 . 12/10/2013
I am utterly shocked that in another two days, it would have been a year since the last chapter was posted.
O.O
FalconFate chapter 7 . 12/10/2013
I love it. You made Eragon realize what kind of a selfish git he was, and you even made him regret it ;). Love it!
BrightWatcher chapter 7 . 12/10/2013
Welcome back. *tilts head thoughtfully*

Thanks for sticking this out for us. :)

Good luck with your writer's muse!
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 7 . 12/10/2013
I like the interaction between the two brothers, and I love this girl, Ta'Leah. She has captured my heart.
Please, consider giving her to me as my bride (one day in the future :D).
FalconFate chapter 6 . 9/11/2013
So... Wow. I have several descriptions of this: breath-taking, beautiful, adorable, amazing, awesome and PLEASE CONTINUE.

FALCON
Padfootkicksbutt chapter 6 . 12/29/2012
i love ta'leah! and can't wait to read what happens when arya and nasuada get there :D
TimeShard13 chapter 6 . 12/13/2012
Great chap! Ta'leah's hilarious. I can't wait to see what happens when Nasuada arrives. Update soon!
kumar LaVoixDuSud chapter 6 . 12/13/2012
Delighted as always. This little girl have just made my day (and your story too). Murtagh and Ta'Leah reminded me an old poem, which I will try to translate with my poor English.

*I was in darkness. And I was the darkness.
A a sunshine shone on me.*

Pure dew was her laughing face
And I was the dry asphodel.
I was moved by the wake of the youth,
And my bitter lips smiled!

As if her eyes told me that
I am not shipwrecked and alone,
And I bent with tenderness,
I, who the pain had made me a stone.

Thank you RF for this story!
BrightWatcher chapter 6 . 12/12/2012
Oh my. The ladies are coming! This will be great. XD

Good luck with your writer's muse!