Reviews for Four Last Songs
transmissionends64 chapter 4 . 12/2/2014
Not sure how this story passed me by but I'm glad I found it. All four chapters are so beautifully written and so beautifully in character. Loved the songs and I certainly needed the tissues for the last one. Hoping to read something new from you at some stage.
r4ven3 chapter 4 . 11/9/2013
I can't figure out how I came to miss this series of one-shots - which is how I read it, even though they do form a link to each other. I thought that as frustrating and as sad as this story is, it is true to who they were, and who they were destined to become. I really enjoy the way you examine the intricacies of the relationship, because it was certainly a bewildering mess on the screen, and the way you have written it gives it a certain substance and believability, as well as dignity.
kalabangsilver chapter 4 . 10/28/2012
So devastatingly, perfectly 'them'. I have never enjoyed any song-based fic more. Somehow, you captured both of their introspections dead-on, making the progression believable and emotional without being over-dramatic (which I think is always a risk, with them). Can't believe I've not read this before now. - silver.
x-La vie en rose-x chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
I put off reading this one for quite a while. I knew it would be heartbreaking. So very beautiful! I adore your writing style. Every sentence has so much depth and meaning. It's like watching a painter create; it unfolds so beautifully right before my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing. I await more masterpieces from you. :)
Sparky75 chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Sad and poignant last chapter, I've really enjoyed (though not sure that's the right word) this whole story.
Alias Euterpe chapter 4 . 6/13/2012
Wow! (Again! No imagination, me.) This makes so much sense to me. "It went on, time went on, life went on." The metaphor of Harry's battle with the "tides of evil" (and his grief) and the battle between the sea and land (and the tides) is incredible. I really like how this chapter fades in and out from close-up to long-shot of Harry's life and work. You very believably explain his immediate journey by bringing it into the context of his life as a whole.
NatesDate chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to review each chapter, but these were very well done. I like the different times you've chosen - each such an emotional time for our beloved spooks. Thanks for sharing and please keep writing.
PsandQs chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
I loved this last part and found it very realistic. What else can one do after losing a loved one, but go on? Great work.
Batteredpen chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
Wonderful. Lovely tie in with 10.6 and for that matter with 9.8. So clear about what motivates Harry to continue. Lyrical, insightful and like Harry tries to avoid the maudlin.
ButlerSwanBurnett chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
Good job. Now to cheer myself up by watching our frog. I might buy him a tiny banjo so he can play "Rainbow Connection."
Sigma Creations chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
So beautifully written that it made me cry.
nimax1 chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
This leaves me speechless. Don't even know what to say. Evocative. Sad. Beautiful. And the song which I have never heard is perfect. The German is so gut wrenching as is the picture of Harry alone by the ocean mourning. The four are gorgeous. Beautifully conceived and executed. Thank you.
pook chapter 4 . 6/12/2012
Blimey ... tragic and heart wrenching look at Harry's grief. Very sad and powerful imagery but so well done. More please
pook chapter 3 . 6/12/2012
Lovely fluff and a nice song too. Well done and more please
Sparky75 chapter 3 . 6/11/2012
Lovely look at the gap between S9 and 10 which brought them back on an even keel.