Reviews for What I Want
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Yep. I think part of it is I'm in so much pain and I'm scared for my sisters (older sister is going through some crap and my younger sister drinks far to much coffee and that can cause some health issues) and it seems like he isn't listening to my prauers. I'm starting to blame him and I don't want to go there.
Kiearrah Mai Rhone chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
This reminds me of 1 John 2:3-6. It is beautifully true. I get the feeling that we see eye to eye on a lot of things.
CRaZYLoVE71 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Yep. I'm still asking Him to help me to focus on Him. Like you said, He deserves this.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
amen. you are right
bellagorilla1470 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Wow! That is what I'm thinking!
God bless!
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
YES! I've felt this way for sure! I say felt because I talked to my pastor about it and this is what she told me..
We will sin, slip up, mess up, stumble yet he will not let us fall. He understands us more than we know. I'm paraphraising here, cause I know I slip up all the time..but the GOOD NEWS is God's GRACE! Abundent GRACE! Undeserving GRACE! Beautiful GRACE! HIS forgiveness!
Please try not to be so hard on yourself..(I know, because I have to do the same thing.) Our God is a forgiving, kind and understanding God. Plus, God is LOVE! Just talk to him like you do a friend..He knows your heart so that is better than a human friend.
God bless you will pray for you my sister!
Moxxy chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Yes! I feel this way all the time! It kinda sucks... And sometimes its like I ask God to help me keep my eyes on him but it just never happens...and iknow its bc im jist not trying hard enough. I just need ro force myself to get my but out of bed (or away from the computer screen :P) and pray and read the bible.

Again, another great work by you that is totally relatable :)
polywadachicken chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This definitely draws along the lines of how I feel when I pray to God when I remember to do so. I'm in the same position, I'm utterly grateful for everything I have and I love God so much, but I know I'm not yet in that place where I am completely devoted to Him. I often get side tracked with life during church and while I'm praying.

And I also sometimes fall asleep before I finish a prayer at night! :D

Thanks for writing this, I appreciate it!
LadyIfe chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I've felt like this many times. Sometimes its ...I dunno. Its hard to explain. But I can relate, wish I was brave enough to publish what I wrote during these times.

Amazing job!

(Sorry for the reviewing frenzy, but I love your writing! )
KatieAnneHilley-owo chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
This was a powerful thing to read. I feel like this all the time, but I always end up losing my focus. :/
368235 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
do you ever read the Christian mystics? they're tough to get through if you're not a patient, thoughtful reader but I think from what you've said you care enough to appreciate them. there's so many if you want to look them up, ranging from Origen in the second century, through to Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Francis of Assisi, Catherine of Siena, Teresa of Avila (one of my favs), John of the Cross (which sounds like he'd be good for you if you feel like you're often tempted), Therese the Little Flower and the more modern (and in my opinion awesome) Thomas Merton. Those mystics/saints are absolutely incredible to read when you feel like you're caught up in everything but the great glory of God. They devoted their entire life to writing about His love in a deep, mystical way and the more you read the more you can apply their words to your life. They always work for me. That and remembering that God loves everyone no matter how they're tempted or how many sins they commit. Don't worry so much, God made everyone to be tempted so our love for Him can grow stronger. He knows more about you than the Devil. The Devil doesn't care about you, God does. God made you, He'll protect you. The Devil can't understand that. Don't let the Devil's lies get to you, he'll always lie. God is truth. You'll be fine. Good luck!