Reviews for One Mug of Tea
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
What got me really curious was how someone could make a Hermione and Pansy friendship fic work, since they did hate each other. I liked how you wrote their relationship in this of how they just sat there. This really shows how much a war can change a person. I really enjoyed this and it was well-written as well(:
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Interesting story. Nicely written :)
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Wow. I've never read a fic about what happened to pansy, except a crap load if 'she marries Draco' ones (which are neither true, nor my favourite non canon ship) .I love it! Its simple and sweet and just ... perfect. Well done!
goodbye gone forever chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I think this was a very good fic, because it really shows how war can change people-even the ones we thought would always be terrible. I think the characterization was good too, as I believe Hermione is always prepared to give people second chances. It was well-written and didn't have any obvious spelling or grammar mistakes.
owluvr chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Wow, I really liked your use of the title here. I would've never thought to use it that way. I also like how you said that even though Hermione and Pansy had problems in the past, Pansy's changed, and Hermione doesn't have a problem seeing past that. I liked how you said that the cafe didn't use magic to make sure it tasted better. There's nothing better than muggle tea (and chocolate) right?
DarkLord667 chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
This was a great fic by itself, but my amazement increases by the fact it took you only an hour to write this one. So, even more kudos. I liked how we got to see Hermione interact with one of the old Slytherins after the war. The war changed everyone, and it was great to see some of the changes on both sides. My only suggestion would be to lengthen it and expand the moment. With just an hour, it was a pretty impressive length, but if you ever revisit this premise, it's something to consider. Overall, great job.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This is an interesting peek into their lives post-war. I was hoping to get to find out more about how Pansy had changed, but for what is there, I have no complaints at all. It is well-written, well-paced, and plausible. I'm impressed that this was for the one-hour challenge; it seems like the product of a little more time than that.
sangkar chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Wow... I never would have thought of a Hermione-after-the-war fic WITH Pansy Parkinson. She was definitely unexpected, but you put her in the fic really well. Especially with her background with Hermione.

However, I did find the first paragraph a bit boring. But the rest of the fic was in no way that - the rest of it was brilliant! The first paragraph just didn't quite catch my attention, but I'm glad I read on, because I thought the rest of it was really good.
the lola chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
First off, I really like the way you open the story. You don't mess around with words, you get straight to the point which worked really well here. I like how you describe the way Hermione's life turned out, and this character that employed her too. Also, I get the whole thing with someone being different but exactly the same - it's really good that you wrote about that, I think a lot of people will relate. The interaction between the two girls was written very nicely and overall, I really enjoyed this story! Good work :)
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I was drawn to this because I wondered how anyone could make Hermione and Pansy friendship work... and you did! I like that they just sat together mostly in companionable silence because it meant that you didn't change either girl too radically, and it worked really nicely. A lovely image of post-war unity. :)
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
(The following is a prize review for winning First Place in The "True Colors" Competition.)

Wow…this was beautiful. I really like the way you've approached this concept. A lot of people tend to make post-war personality metamorphosis much too sudden and radical. (Yes, I've read far too many post-war stories with people like Dolores Umbridge and Pansy Parkinson suddenly becoming charming, kindhearted women.) I like your attitude towards the concept much better. It's subtle, but at the same time, it's still there. And, it's truly beautiful.

I really like how the two women bonded over something as simple as a cup of tea. It's a very sweet idea, and you executed it very well. Also, the fact that words didn't need to be spoken—and the way both Hermione and Pansy were perfectly content with just the other's company—is lovely. I could practically feel the silence speaking for itself. The emotions were palpable.

Very well done, here. I really, really liked this piece.
xThe Painted Lady chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
This was interesting. :) And I really liked reading as to what could've happened to Hermione after the war had ended. I like how you characterized Pansy. She was different and I can imagine her changing slightly after the war. After all, I would expect something like that to be quite traumatic. And it /could've/ changed her. And Hermione, well, I can imagine her acting somewhat like this. I can't really see her being so kind to Pansy, though. Especially after everything Pansy had done to her in the past. I think making her act slightly more hesitant with Pansy would've been a little better. Maybe making her more curious about Pansy's change or something. But this was still pretty believable. I've done this challenge before too. 'Tis is hard. XD And I know it's not exactly easy to write something in such a short time. But I thought you really did a good job on this. Not many grammar or spelling mistakes as far as I could see, and I think everything that occurred was pretty believable. You wrote it well!

Nice job! :)
Ollie chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Hmm, good job there. I mighta thought it too suspicious for Pansy to change so quickly. More reflecting may make it more impactful...? Good job :)
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I remember this challenge. Somewhat intimidating. Especially when I'm hopeless at word-counts. :)

There's no reason why she couldn't go back and lift the memory charm. Technically, she modified their memories as opposed to obliviating, them, but a lot of people use them simultaneously.

I like how you've illustrated post war england, incorporating muggle with wizard and enemy with friend (looking over the fact that Pansy was the one who was willing to hand Harry over) and all. It's rather nice. We'll just ignore the bits where it doesn't fit into canon. :)

I wonder if Hermione finished school. I know Harry, Ron, Neville and a few others didn't. Kingsley gave them the option of joining auror training (or was it becoming an auror, I forgot). Breaking rules Rowling.
darkblack03 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This was a very interesting concept. I really liked how you changed Pansy and gave a reason for it (rather than her just randomly being OOC) I would have liked it more if you had put what had specifically caused that change, but I believe that may have been intentional (I'm not sure). I loved how you incorporated the fact that Hermione was unable to go back to normal life. That's something I totally never thought about. It's a really great interpretation of what she had gone through between the end of the war and the epilogue of the last book.