Reviews for Purity
JayRain chapter 1 . 1/25
I'm not familiar with this game, though I know many speak highly of it. However, unfamiliar as I am with the source material, your story itself stands strongly on its own as a haunting and tightly-written character exploration. His progression from where he starts, and how his beliefs become corrupted and jaded, is realistic and emotional. His tone is almost deadpan, as he realizes there is no point denying anything, but the notes of optimism at the end, the fact that he hasn't lost all faith in he could become, is so uplifting. I found that it didn't matter that I don't know Dragon's Dogma at all, because I was just more fascinated in how beautifully you presented this broken character and his desire to change for the better. Really, really nicely done!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Nice one shot !
Julien was one of the few character that I would want as a beloved, even for my male character, he was more maturer than almost any other PNJ, not that is hard, but still.
AmazingSoulWeasel chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Julien's a pretty fascinating character. I think you did well in your portrayal of him here, though it feels more like a journal entry perhaps, than thoughts he would have had while imprisoned (nothing to do with what you wrote, just that there's no mention of the prison cell and so he feels very detached from the surroundings he's supposed to be in).

I look forward to your lengthier story about him, and to possibly finding out more about your Arisen c: It's nice to finally see some Dragon's Dogma fan fiction here.