Reviews for Dumb Luck
cumberling chapter 5 . 5/23/2015
Wow! I think that alchemy bit where Roy saved his daughter and had to do that for 20 hours was a brilliant idea!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 5 . 12/22/2014
This was sweet and funny even with the angst thrown in. Well done.
Suzu chapter 5 . 3/25/2013
If Roy and Riza ever had children in the series... well, this would probably be it. I am a true convert to this little family's story.

And for some reason, Havoc trying and failing to light Roy a cigarette was amazingly poignant.
Oedipus Tex chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
Haha. Obviously, outside of the angsty bits, this was pretty funny. Lots of great, sarcastic lines throughout. I would feel a little sorry for Roy for the sort of crap he puts up with in his home life, except he deserves every moment of it. Nice fic!
jessi chapter 5 . 7/25/2012
Great story, very funny!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
More more more!
SammyQuill chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
Oh my, how did I manage to miss this little number. *throws curses at real life* This is beautiful. You already know how much I like Olly and Lia and the Mustangs domesticated. Well, this is a perfect example of why. Olly is a wee brat and he will grow up to be a bigger one. XD

And I love Riza's commenting, I feel bad for her, I do. Having to manage not only a silly husband but a brat of a son and Lia too. You Go Hawkeye! A wonderful, heart warming, amusing read that kept me from grading these papers, thank you!
Thousand Sunny Lyon chapter 5 . 7/14/2012
So late in reviewing! But this ended great. Oh Olly... Getting Roy to sign a no sex contract? With visuals? Who taught this kid about that? Spending too much time with Chris, I'd wager.

Now you have me scared about the twins' birth. At least, Riza was sure it was twins. I wonder if anyone will survive that one!

Great job. I love the way your imagination works!
Disastergirl chapter 5 . 7/8/2012
Aw, this chapter was so sweet! I absolutely loved Roy using his alchemy to save Lia, you showed the strength if his love and determination so well, I was so tense when reading that part, waiting for it all to turn out ok. And Olly at the end was adorable! Hehehe, love dancing... :D although as someone (I can't remember who...) pointed our, Riza is pregnant in Skirmish so clearly Roy didn't take that contract with Olly so seriously... :P overall, this was charming, hilarious, heart-wretching and touching all at the same time, a unique combination that only you can deliver so well.
ssadropout chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Olly is such a wonderful character. I think that he's my favorite of any fan fiction Mustang!spawn. And Roy... What's better than ridiculous Roy, tortured Roy, and brilliantly heroic Roy all in one fic? Nothing, I say!

Roy using his expertise with the gases in our atmosphere was wonderful. I recently learned a little about pulling oxygen from air, and it had made me think of him. A person was on oxygen, and he got it from a "concentrator", a machine which clearly had no oxygen tanks in it. (It was just a sort of plastic box that made hissy air sounds.) I was baffled by it, so I looked it up. It used ADsorbent materials to remove the nitrogen from the air and then pumped the nearly pure oxygen to the patient. I could see Roy coming up with something like that.

Riza's pregnant in at least one of the Olly/Lia fics, I think. That has now become kind of monumental in retrospect. Maybe we'll learn more about that baby and its birth some day. (Hint.)

By the way, I particularly loved the description of the baby as a "doll abandoned in the making."
Antigone Rex chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Oh, mebh. Thank you so much for writing this fic. It's just... perfect. Everything I requested and so much more. And what's more, you didn't have to do it. It's one thing to be an amazing writer (which you are) but altogether another to be generous as well.

I love this chapter in particular because it casts your previous Olly/Lia fics in a wholly different light. Now I'll read "Skirmish" knowing just how precious Roy's children are to him (well, Lia at least...); just how close he came to losing them. Wonderful, wonderful.

Ooooh. I'm sad it's over, but glad it's such a well-rounded story. One I'll likely turn to again and again - like I do for oh-so-many of your fics.

Now I guess I must pay my due. IOU one gift!fic, if I'm not mistaken...
ponygirl-loves-mcqueen chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Haha, oh my xD I loved the end there, it had me giggling xD And I knew Roy could do it, I'm so proud of him! :3 I loved this little story, I thought it was amazing! Especially because you wrote it in such a short amount of time :O As always, I look forward to reading some more of your writing!
Serp chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Aww! This story had my heart all over the place - up, down, diagonally... like most of your stories in fact. Olly and Lia are my favourite. Thank you so much! 3 :)
Antigone Rex chapter 4 . 7/4/2012
Well. This chapter took an interesting turn. I asked for a fic where Mustang deals with the birth of a child, and man do you deliver. On a million different levels.

Though the previous chapters made me nearly die with laughter, I think this one is my favorite. It's just so heartwrenching; you can feel Roy's helplessness throughout. The way you painted the events surrounding Olly's birth leaves me dripping with envy... As always, your writing is sublime.

You keep stringing me along (not a bad thing, as each chapter gets better than the last...). The next chapter is the last one - for true? Really? You don't want to write just... one more?
ctibar chapter 4 . 7/4/2012
I don't even know what to write.
Jedndjekcakqoejdsnwo. There, that summed it up nicely.
It had me laughing out loud throughout the first three chapters and had me tearing up with a feeling as if an elephant was on my chest in the last. You wrote it beautifully; the way you portrayed Mustang in it was just perfect. 12 out of 10 stars.