Reviews for Into Gethsemane
Quiet Time chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
Love how you're tying everything together. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Mickanella chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
Now, Jack, don't do anything stupid :-/
RhianaStar chapter 6 . 6/17/2012
Ok... if I got this right... Tish Jones is in the Hub, Jack is not in the Hub, Ianto is on his way to the Hub & Jack may be on his way to to the Hub? I definitely need a drink...
Mickanella chapter 4 . 6/16/2012
I don't think Lois really knows what she has embarked on...

Hart? What's he doing there? :o Well, well there's an answer for everything eventually.. ;)
Mickanella chapter 3 . 6/16/2012
What? They shot Ianto? :o
Meridas chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
Oh, poor Ianto! I really liked Gwen in this chapter. And you're doing a good job with John, considering that he was probably on better behaviour for Jack in the series. I was a little sad to see no Lois here, but we get Rhys instead! He turned out to be quite cool in CoE, I thought, and I'm glad you're going in that vein. I'm without my computer for he weekend but I caved and checked for updates and read the whole thing on my tiny phone. Definitely worth it! :) Can't wait for the next chapter!
Quiet Time chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Whew! You had me scared for a moment then. Hooray for Hart. Loved the paragraph with Jack's reflections.
PadawannaB chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
I knew it! Bloody hell, I knew it. John Hart relly is of some use, when he decides to give his assistance. I spent the entire day at work thinking about the different ways this chapter would go, and the ending was the one I got right :)

Still, the convenient appearance of Mr. Hart aside, this chapter was good. Oh, so good. The parts with Gwen thinking of Rhys, and Jack of Ianto, had a certain poetry to them. They were truly and deeply emotional, and an absolute delight to read. You have a way with words, it's beautiful.

Lois's mess of a field trip was terrible, horrifying, and yet so realistic. She's not an expert, and the shock of Ianto's 'death'and the suddenly given new mission just made the situation all the more awful. Dirty and dark, just the way I'd imagine it would be when she suddenly had to take control of the action under all that pressure and distress.

Alice is just awesome. I never even thought about it, when watching CoE and seeing her slam that cutting board in that mans face, that she had actually been tought to defend herself. And now that you've opened my eyes, it all makes sense: what I once thought to be just a instinctive survival reaction is now a learned pattern, a lesson that has been carved into her brain ever since she was little and the enemies of her parents, especially Jack's, were an ever-present threat: 'everything's a weapon'. I mean, come on: a biro? That's... Damn, that's so bad. And pretty cool, as well.

Poor Jack... :(

Hopefully the good news reach hims soon, his reaction made me cry.

Can't wait for more!
RhianaStar chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Loved this update from beginning to end... especially the end... Ianto is alive & John Hart to the rescue... I hope its not the last time Lois is sick... what a betrayal...
Meridas chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
YES! He's alive! (I knew you wouldn't kill him now. Totally knew that. Right...) I am so psyched he's alive and John Hart is involved. That kind of cracks me up and I can't wait for the next chapter!

You did the scene where Jack found out wonderfully. How he was analyzing his own reactions, and still in "Captain mode" because he has to be; I also really loved how you showed their life together with the mornings, and the way Jack described it as being an adventure, too. Fantastic. (And I really, really hope that they're back together, at least in the team sense, before the very end of the story!)

One more thing: loved the way Lois and Rupesh are now totally out of their depths. Ha. :)
WuHaoNi chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Gah! Cliffhanger! I knew Ianto couldn't be dead; but I don't know what's worse: him actually being dead or being in the hands of John Hart, whom I had almost forgotten about.
BitterGrace01 chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Yay! I had a feeling John would step in. I love Hart, and I hope he helps give all of Jack's enemies and betrayers a thorough thrashing!
Meridas chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
Fantastic chapter. Loved the conversations, and especially the action at the end there. Very good, scary foreshadowing with Gwen saying something that she'd regret for years... that doesn't mean what I think it does, right? This can't end as sadly as CoE, right?

Fantastic. Can't believe I have to wait for the next chapter.
PadawannaB chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
'The world of haulage, it was a brutal mistress.'

Has there ever been a better line in fanfiction? No, I don't think so.

This chapter was amazing! Truly amazing! The thrill of it, the action and the constant fear. The words turned into pictures so that I could see it all happening in front of my eyes, like in a movie (yey, Mickey the Idiot!). The speed, the chase, the game: my heart was in my throat, men behind the door, men with guns. This chapter truly captures the reader, has them hanging on the edge of their seats.

Cool, cool Mickey. Sad, sad Jack. Strong, strong Alice. Clever, clever Steven. Poor, poor Gwen, Tish, Perry and Martha. Bad, bad baddies (who, though, are all just doing their jobs, and brilliantly at that. Plus, Lois seems to truly believe they'd get a fair trial, and Johnson saved Alice. Still. Bad.)

And brave, brave Ianto.

And what a cliffhanger. You certainly know what you're doing :)
RhianaStar chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
OMG Ianto! Great chase though... loved Mickey's entrance... I have to read again as I skipped Jack's moment to get to Ianto & Gwen
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »