Reviews for Into Gethsemane
PadawannaB chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
'The world of haulage, it was a brutal mistress.'

Has there ever been a better line in fanfiction? No, I don't think so.

This chapter was amazing! Truly amazing! The thrill of it, the action and the constant fear. The words turned into pictures so that I could see it all happening in front of my eyes, like in a movie (yey, Mickey the Idiot!). The speed, the chase, the game: my heart was in my throat, men behind the door, men with guns. This chapter truly captures the reader, has them hanging on the edge of their seats.

Cool, cool Mickey. Sad, sad Jack. Strong, strong Alice. Clever, clever Steven. Poor, poor Gwen, Tish, Perry and Martha. Bad, bad baddies (who, though, are all just doing their jobs, and brilliantly at that. Plus, Lois seems to truly believe they'd get a fair trial, and Johnson saved Alice. Still. Bad.)

And brave, brave Ianto.

And what a cliffhanger. You certainly know what you're doing :)
RhianaStar chapter 3 . 6/13/2012
OMG Ianto! Great chase though... loved Mickey's entrance... I have to read again as I skipped Jack's moment to get to Ianto & Gwen
Quiet Time chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
I've been pinning my faith on Lois all through the series, hoping she'd come through in the end - but now this ARGH. Still holiding out hope for Johnson.

Jack's proposal was about the only way I can imagine Jack proposing - awkward and endearing - and having Ianto say he'd been replace - priceless.
BitterGrace01 chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
I'm having a really hard time being sympathetic to any of the characters in this universe. Everyone's default setting seems to be "Blame Jack for Everything". When I watched CoE I felt sorry for Jack, but still, I certainly felt, that Alice's and Clem's feelings were just. This just feels like everyone's in Jack Persecution Mode.

Now I know this does happen somewhat in the actual show too, but I honestly didn't like it any better there either.

As far as the actual plot itself goes, I quite like it. Actually I like it a lot. It's exciting and I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
RhianaStar chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
What did John have to say? Has he figured out that there is a conspiracy against Jack, Ianto & Gwen? I wonder if Perry will be able to help. Feel sorry for Jack though, trusting Lois... eventhough he wasn't sure of the others.
Meridas chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Hey! Cliffhanger! What's going on? Although part of me is happy at the return of John Hart (I loved his character, despite... well, the obvious) I suspect the characters are less happy than I am. Speaking of them, though, I maintain that you do a great job with them. Domestic Jack and Ianto is a very hard idea to wrap my head around, but you make it seem completely normal. I liked the way you handled Gwen in this, as well - the different aspects of her character coming to play as she relates to the others. And I like how you've taken over the "fake Torchwood" characters, Lois and the rest. She's much more interesting in this story than in the show, and I enjoyed her conflicts both in this chapter and in your story about training with UNIT. I can't wait to see what she decides and how it goes over.

So! A great start to another one of your stories that I'm sure I'll enjoy. I was just wondering if "Gethsemane" meant anything in particular. And I can't wait for the next chapter!
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Ah, so happy to see the continuation of your third season. I eagerly await the rest of it. I'm cringing at Lois' parts; I love her as a character, and it'll be so sad when the team finds out about her being a traitor.
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4