Reviews for The Abbey
shampoomomo chapter 8 . 6/22/2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing with us :)
AmeliaEverdeen chapter 8 . 3/24/2013
This story was awesome, I'm only sorry I couldn't feel the suspense from chapter to chapter, but I surely enjoyed reading it all at once :P. Great how you set up the character in this unfamiliar setting. Loved M&M and gotta love Violet! The only complaint I have is that you were really cruel to leave us like that! I only hope that when Matthew reached Majorca their clothes didn't make it to the bed!
I'm definitely bugging you for a sequel!
Stupidkidsun chapter 8 . 1/25/2013
It's really great story to read and enjoy.
Marilia11 chapter 8 . 12/11/2012
Loved it! I hoped for a little more M/M but great story anyway! Is there any chance for a sequel? It would be awesome to have Mary and Matthew work as partners as part of the Abbey!
Crumby chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
"Sorry about the vase." Hahahaha. Awesome. Just like the "proposal."

Robert being old friends with Katya Derevko made me laugh too. Hee. He had a very Jack Bristow vibe here. Probably because of his complicated relationship with his daughter. Hehe. I thought the Mary/Robert stuff was great.

That was quite the massive chapter and I'm afraid my review won't be very worthy of it. The wit, the suspense, the action, it keeps you glued to the page.

The whole story was phenomenal. Action-packed, Alias-reminiscent (which is, you guessed it, awesome), with all the characters so well immersed in this universe. You love AUs, and man, you certainly know how to do them justice. It's almost uncanny how you managed to fit Downton in this modern-spy universe, and how everything makes sense. Ha!

Of course, like in the show, I had my preferences: Anna! Mary! Violet! Anna! But I loved the rest of it, from William being a veterinary surgeon, to Sybil and her nursing tendencies, to Carson and Mary, or Edith! How fun was Edith?! And the end, I thought it was great and fitting.

Well done and bravo!
Crumby chapter 7 . 11/22/2012
Twist!

In hindsight, it does make a lot of sense that Carlisle would be more than what he had appeared to be so far.

Great chapter. I love Mary and Anna, and Edith made me laugh. Evil cliffhanger, which I love. This story is seriously up there. :)
Crumby chapter 6 . 11/22/2012
"Granny had once waited inside a wall for three days to get necessary information." Heee. Violet suddenly sounds a lot like Casey. :)
Fritz as Pritz chapter 8 . 11/21/2012
Oh that was so cute! I'm really glad I took the time to read this story. One if my favorite downton fics so far!
Anonymous Again chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
oh, my GOD I can't believe this is over. It's been basically six months since our first exchange but I've been following this story and I have to say it was well worth the sometimes-long wait. All the lines from the CS-the vase, the proposal with "leave" instead of "life"...and I've always wanted to see Carlisle the villain. Violet was perfectly captured, and her warning of "language!" to Sybil was positively hilarious. James Bond? Beautiful timing really, with Skyfall just out. All in all, a great story filled with action and adventure, a bit of comedy, and a healthy dose of wit! PM me? It's been forever! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
What a fantastic ending! Thanks for sharing :)
virtualclutter chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Perfect ending, loved it! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Knowing of your love for Chuck (i adore SW btw), i have to BEG you to at least write some one-shots of the adventures of M&M (Majorca is begging to be described *wink*). Just like you did in the Chuck universe, PLEASE write a sequel about them working as partners or one-shots depicting these two? Pretty please. I'll beg more if you'de like, i'm not ashamed of it LOL.

It's so difficult to read AU fics that make sense and that keep the canon characters in character that it seems like a sin not do ask of you more, when it's clear that you are one of the best authors out there that writes AU M&M so beautifully.
shana.rose chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
Lol lovely ending. I like how Matthew didn't he think twice before hopping on a plan to meet her.
On either side the river lie chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
So completely super cool...love the line about Vanilla icecream in relation to Violet. Even though I love your ending, now I just want to read about some of their adventures (in bed and out) in Majorca! Will always keep a look out for more, cheers and remember
You're a Darling, and I love you!
MayLilia chapter 8 . 11/19/2012