Reviews for FN AHole
sheila.jordan.3348 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
good story.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Okey dokey- so prompted to look up this wonderful essay in self guilt up from Bobby as he reflects on what he could have, should have done, when it came to Sam and even Dean, leaving them apart for a year and I am left weak at the knees. One souless Sam in need of family affection denied by his own Grandfather (sic) and in need of true connection with those who love him, is left adrift by an almost indecisive Bobby. Whilst he leaves Dean to live a year in constant nightmare of what is happening to his brother(despite him masquerading as normal citizen living a normal life). Bobby had but to reach out to either boys and bring them both back into the fold, under the umbrella of protection and love he unselfishly offered up but slipped into the shadows, almost like he had buried his head in the sand.

Loved this part of the story as acknowledgement of his guilt:

Instead I'd held on and hid out behind thinking I knew best for those boys.

Turns out, I didn't know a damn thing. If John Winchester was alive right now, he'd run me off with a shotgun. And I'd give him the shotgun to do it with, too.

A-Hole. F-N A-hole.

As if foresight was a gift freely given! Loved it and your wonderful evocative writing of our Bobby.

PS Thanks for the nudge...and yes big Sisters are just way too cool at times and know waaaayyyy tooo much in how to handle us lil Sisters! Each of them are the best to those who have lived under their thumb of rule and sibling love, even when they can be a major pain in the as**buts like a certain older brother called Dean!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Dean probably should have shot Samuel on sight.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Very good look at Samuel through Bobby's eyes.
Von chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Therapeutic story for Bobby? Therapeutic for me too! It's always nice when the characters gain some self-awareness - and thanks to that season, there's a lot to be had!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
We never got to see Bobby apologize on the show or really explain why he could think it was acceptable that Dean would spend the rest of his life thinking his little brother was trapped in hell. (which turns out he still was) Just thinking about all this still irritates me.

I love Bobby, but I never forgave him for that and no matter how the writers wrote the first half of season six, I still believe Castiel knew something was off with Sam too.

You did a wonderful job writing your story. I'm glad that Bobby could see Samuel as Dean did and he felt guilty for not thinking about Sam the year he was with Samuel.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
SandyDee84 chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
The best part here was when Bobby got off his high horse and realized that he gave Sam the short end of the stick, just like Samuel. "Acknowledgement that Bobby plays favorites" fics are so, so lovely. Glad to see you writing SPN again.
Phx chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
I liked this. It has always bothered me that Bobby did kind of trade Sam for Dean and I am glad that he realized how much Sam meant to him too. He had to have known something was up with Sam but never bothered to follow up on it. I had never been so disappointed in Bobby as I was when I found out he knew Sam was alive and just let him go.
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
*giggles* I love Bobby's point of view. It's alway so . . . .grumpy!
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Yep. That about sums it up.
Nyx Ro chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
"...Sam was his Golden Goose and Samuel knew that as soon as Dean ever knew his little brother was topside, it wouldn't take long for him to grapple Sam right out of reach..."

You know, that makes more sense out of the "gap year" than anything other explanation I've seen. Thank you.

Excellent Bobby POV also.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Nice play on that moment when they round the corner. I loved seeing Bobby say that.
DJ Sparkles chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Nicely done as always! Bobby's voice was right in tune.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 6/11/2012