Reviews for Vanko & Pym, Inc BOOK ONE
EddieHollister chapter 9 . 3/22/2014
Very impressive work, both for the character development, capture of the 1960s era and the obvious love of Marvel continuity. And I will have to adopt the idea of closing chapters with issue # references for things I work into my own current "love letter to the Jim Shooter era of Marvel" series. I will have to see what else you've done. For some reason I have a hunch you would do an amazing story involving the early days of SHIELD and the science heroes that helped them prepare to battle HYDRA.
grelber37 chapter 30 . 1/23/2014
I am still reading this tale and enjoying this story. You are most impressive in this chapter. Chapter 30 is mainly about psychological events and not necessarily overt action. You impress by focusing upon inner conflict.
Clean and Press chapter 29 . 12/21/2013
Finally. I was wondering about everybody hearing about the big fight except Jan? Glad you remembered Jan. Just because I haven'tt review doesn't mean I haven't been reading.
You asked for help. I wish I knew grammar. if that's what you are getting at I can't help.. I think you write action better than some pros. I totally enjoyed the fight from Chapter 20 to 29. I was just wondering if these many chapters to finish a fight would turn off other readers. I LOVED IT. I was just wondering about others. Also thanks for reminding me about the kids in the south. How did the housekeepers react to the fight?
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Interesting but a lot changed here. Tony didn't have a drinking problem until many years later and Hank didn't know he was Iron Man in the 60s. Jan didn't know until 1982 and Hank found out even later. And that early Hank couldn't pass twelve feet without almost passing out. You should mention that despite referencing old comics like Tales to Astonish you're not really following 60s Marvel continuity. And no the Giant Man Fan Club couldn't exist since their identities were secret at the time. This was an odd mistake by Stan Lee, like saying for several issues that no one knew who the Torch really was in Strange Tales even though his identity wasn't a secret in Fantastic Four.
grelber37 chapter 27 . 11/18/2013
I like the way that you write, HC. The '60s setting is a favorite for long-time Marvel fans. Certainly, you nail Spider-Man's characterization. Often, your Spidey talks and acts just as the comic book hero would. I like Pym's maturity in this tale. He is the unifier of the hot-heads around him. Also, Hank Pym is a major Marvel character who deserves more "stage time," even in a fanfic. Your Unicorn is a good take on another Marvel character who is too often dismissed. Yolanda is a most interesting character.
Thanks for posting. Keep updating the story when you can.
grelber37 chapter 25 . 4/15/2013
Now, THAT chapter is a battle royale! You switch p-o-vs very well, and a reader makes sense of all of the action by the multiple p-o-vs. Good job there. The entire complex story is coherent. I like your levels of specificity (you use precise terms and describe completely) and your use of colorful language. Definitely, you understand the characters enough to choose well the language that they would use even in their internal dialogues.
And, if I have not written so previously, I like simply that you use underused characters in an underappreciated setting (i.e. the early Marvel Universe).
grelber37 chapter 21 . 2/26/2013
You pack this chapter with characters, and you characterize them well. Not one character is flat. As any Marvel writer would do, you make the heroes flawed too. For example, Giant-Man practices some bad judgment. Wasp is difficult with "the help." As your post script notes, Hawkeye is a killer at this point in time.

I admired the chapter's organization. Not every writer could juggle so many stories occurring simultaneously. I shall keep reading these stories if you keep writing them.
Press and Clean chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
Chapter One was long winded, but I understood that you needed to deal with the Characters' origin (not sure why as most Marvel fans already know them). Loved Hank and his sister's past, by the way.

Chapter two took off and I'm glad I gave this story a second chance. I like the Vanko-Van Dyne rivalry. And I finally got to figure out who the "Vanko" as in the title.

Good writing.
Wasp9000 chapter 5 . 8/7/2012
Oooh, cliffhanger! I lord the tension in this chapter, keep it up!(:
Wasp9000 chapter 3 . 7/29/2012
Great story so far, you write Jan and Hank very well! I also love how you connect tO the comics so directly, keep it up!(: