Reviews for Nothing but a Necklace
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I really loved this. Xenophilius is such an underrated character so I was glad to see a story with him. His relationship with Luna is so strong and I love how you managed to show that without Luna even being in the scene. His thoughts at the end- [He could not lose his Luna.] is just so very in character and moving.
I also really loved Selwyn's character. He's sarcastic and has that dark sense of humor that makes something like this entertaining to read while still making Xeno nervous. And the necklace being included here is amazing. It symbolizes so much, really, even though it's seemingly worthless.
And overall, this was very well written. Nice job! :D
xThe Painted Lady chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Oh... Wow.

That was brilliant! Amazing! I loved it! :3 I think you just made me love Luna even more with this, her story, everything... Just, I loved the way you wrote the scene, it seemed so believable and this whole thing was so very well written! Xenophilius's feelings about Luna I just loved. I adored those little bits and... They made feel kind of bad for him... He really would have lost everything if he lost Luna. He'd already lost his wife. That's what makes this kind of sad, but I still love it. This whole thing *saying it one more time* I loved. :3 Wonderful work!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was beautiful! You captured Xenophilius's characterization perfectly, and the way you described his steadily increasing paranoia was marvelous. I adore how he knew he'd do absolutely anything to make sure he wouldn't lose his daughter; you portrayed that very well. Thank you very much for the submission! :)
TheTwoDL chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I really liked this story. You're descriptions are perfect and I thought the main idea as a whole was really good. It's nice to see Xenophiliys's POV, as a father. It explains exactly why he wanted to capture Harry in the books, even though he actually supported him. I didn't find and SPaG mistakes either. Overall, well done :)
Phoenix Flare 68 chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
This story was so realistic. Xenophilius must have been in such a difficult and confusing situation. I really can't blame him for choosing Luna over his beliefs. Its what any father would do. You captured that emotion perfectly in this chapter.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
This was really sweet :) I love the way you described it. I really think that would be how Xeno would think when he found out they took Luna. And we know he was willing to do anything to get her back. The beginning and the ending were especially good. I loved it.

No spelling or grammar errors, either, so well done.
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
I like the fact you thought of Xenophilius's story. I can barely spell it and I sure can't say it ha ha ha. I liked it a lot. Also, when it said you don't want to make him angry I started thinking of ways the Hulk and Voldemort were similar.
Four Leafed Clove chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Oh my gosh, I'm crying. Poor Xenophilius! So sad. But he gets her back, that's good. I could really feel for him. You're a great writer, well done.