Reviews for Disillusionment
KingdomCome67 chapter 8 . 4/16
Is the line 'Just one miracle, Merlin. Please.' From Sherlock? I love the story, by the way.
Deborahpflover chapter 23 . 4/8
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THAT IS THE WAY YOU END IT? It's 3 in the morning and I just went through this whole story. I really have to say that this is the most frustrating story ever. But good too. I felt so sorry for Merlin. I cried a few times, like when Lucan died and when Merlin left Camelot. And multiple times I wanted to strangle specific characters.
Anyway, Morgana and Merlin's epic battle was fantastic! This was an adventure from start to finish. And it adressed A LOT of stuff that kinda needed adressing. Merlin does way too much for way too little credit. It's not fair. So thank you for writing this. The ending still frustrates me though, but oh well, what else is new with a series like Merlin?
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 23 . 2/15
I've loved reading this story, from start to finish.
The ending was a bit of a shock, but amazing nonetheless.
Thank you for this splendid creation!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 19 . 2/15
Ding! Dong! The wicked witch is dead!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 5 . 2/10
Oh, my heart. :'( And when I was guessing who Lucan could be, I thought of Aragon. But Caspian is definitely a hottie as well. :)
yummypie193 chapter 23 . 2/7
Shit, this story has been quite the emotional rollercoaster. Thanks so much for writing! :)
Emrys Waits chapter 23 . 11/28/2016
There are some stories that once you finish reading them, you simply sit back and think. This is definitely one of them.
For indeed, this is one of the most realistic, raw, and emotional stories I have ever had the good fortune to come across.
This truly portrays the human soul. The conflicted mind, the scarred heart. It shows that time can heal all wounds, but will always leave scars. It shows that not everything can be forgiven, nor forgotten. This story is so purely deep, melancholy, thoughtful, bittersweet, it evokes such pure, wild, feeling. It was a wild rollercoaster ride, with everything from Lucan tearing Merlin's world down, to the unspoken strife between Arthur and Merlin, the hurt betrayal and lost trust, and finally, the wild battle in which more than a few brave lives were lost.
I can understand why Percival, George, and Lucan died. But that doesn't mean I liked it! Still, great portraying of their deaths - as cruel as that might sound - they died nobly, true to their character, going down with a bang.
The fight in which Arthur and Merlin truly rip into each other is a beautifully written scene, very essential to the whole plot of the story. I admire most how you didn't favour sides when writing out the argument. Admittedly, I thought Merlin deserved to be a bit more angry and betrayed, but you pointed out that they're both equally hurt and ravaged.
I especially admire, despite how much it hurt me so, all those times that you portrayed Merlin near the end. He is very out of character, give or take, but can you blame him? Can you blame anyone?
If anything, that makes it all the more realistic and truthful. He is only human, after all. Even Emrys has his breaking points.
The building back the relationships, trust, and forgivance was very slow going, which is also to be expected and again, very realistic. I like how you ended it - with a lot of bittersweet melancholy, but also a faint hope with Mordred - now the dear boy should not have any horrible weight on his shoulders of killing Arthur and his destiny. He will be raised in a different environment now, and mayhap he will change for the better. Or at least, that's how I portrayed your ending. I suppose it is rather ambiguous.
Nonetheless, a breathtakingly beautiful, heart-stopping, raw, purely emotional, well crafted story.
You my friend, have a creative mind open to many ideas and possibilities, but at the same time grounded and poignant. That together makes for a stunning piece of work. Well done, and you should definitely continue writing more stories - such a gift should not go wasted.
septimusromanseverus chapter 23 . 11/27/2016
I really enjoyed that. Thank you very much. I'm on a revealfic binge and that left me almost satisfied. I need to find a really fluffy one to balance the angst, but so good.
lookingatstars chapter 23 . 11/14/2016
this fic is excellent. well done!
JustAPerson chapter 4 . 8/30/2016
AMAZING! LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 14 . 6/16/2016
The entire time I just wanted Merlin to leave. I was so sick and tired of his bullshit. The same goes to Arthur.
Fatalsam chapter 23 . 5/28/2016
Wow, honestly probably my favorite fic I've read about Merlin. I cried that last 4 chapter non stop, telling my mom "I think I got my sisters sickness." While blowing my nose. I mean... Wow. The level of friendship between Arthur and Merlin was great, and I love how Merlin called for the dragon last, that was a really good way to end his scene. And mordred.. I wasn't expecting that but it was good. The fact that Arthur and Merlin split up really killed me. But Good story and now I need to go read a happy one just because I'm now depressed :/ Excellent job :)
The Patchwork Rabbit chapter 7 . 4/25/2016
Matches my mood so perfectly
Narlth chapter 23 . 4/2/2016
This whole fic has such an original take, and I love how the you have the new characters influence the canon ones in a way that is totally consistent with their characters :D
Guest chapter 23 . 3/27/2016
Honestly, with all the angst I was hoping to see Arthur and Merlin reunite. I thought the conclusion could've been so wonderful! Anywho I loved the story and I hope you will keep writing! I enjoy your work.