Reviews for Disillusionment
Ryan chapter 23 . 1/6
You did what few others have done, you've written not only a believable story but you also did it the right way. Not skipping out on thoughts, feelings and descriptions. Those are the meat of the story and you provided. Thank you for the read!
RacquelDee chapter 23 . 12/10/2017
I decided to reread this story again and despite knowing what would happen, I was in tears again when Merlin left. This is such a fantastic story and you are an amazing writer.
ninagayler chapter 8 . 11/18/2017
Love the way you wrote about how belatedly Merlin’s friends come to an epithany- how they had not treated Merlin as he deserved to be treated.
FloweryPot chapter 15 . 9/17/2017
Am I the only one who loves Lucan? Like, seriously. He's so concerned for Merlin and he just wants Merlin to be happy and be able to use his magic freely and enjoy life since he knows that Merlin deserves so much more than what Arthur had offered him. And I got shivers during the heated conversation between him and Arthur near the fireplace. He voiced my exact thoughts when he told Arthur that Merlin was not a possession. You tell him, man! Gotta love that guy. He genuinely cares for Merlin, from the bottom of his heart, and it pains him to see Merlin so distraught and broken over Arthur and all the years spent in Camelot and not being able to get over the terrible past and his suffering during those years. And his his blatant disregard for Arthur's status as a King! I relate to this dude so much, since he basically voices all my thoughts and feelings about Merlin and Arthur. Arthur totally deserves all the anger and fury thrown at him. But I'm glad he's sort of on the way to mending his relationship with Merlin! Yay. And I love Gwaine! Love that Merlin forgave him and considered him a true friend. He really was, just like Lancelot in the series. Those two were possibly Merlin's only true best friends. Considering that fact that they both shared a secret with him that no one else knew about: Gwaine's noble birth and Lancelot knowing that Merlin had magic, and ACCEPTING HIM without batting an eye. Wonderful people, honestly. ;u; And now I proceed to read the next chappie!
TheGoldenAge chapter 14 . 9/17/2017
God I love Lucan and his arguments with Arthur, Arthur totally deserves it and I love seeing him get so ashamed. Ha. Merlin isn't Arthur's possession, so Lucan's not a thief. You tell him, Lucan! :)

The servant George is so hilarious! Gotta love his reactions and thoughts about cleaning and being all proper. It's really introspective to see things from his point of view.

And how could I forget about Gwaine? I was so happy that Merlin forgave him, and so easily! It makes one realize that Gwaine was probably the only true best friend Merlin had, aside from Lancelot. Both knights were helped by Merlin and in turn helped Merlin, and even shared secrets with him that were not shared with anyone else: Gwaine's noble birth and how he kept it a secret from everyone except Merlin and became best buds with him, and Merlin's secret of having magic which Merlin told Lancelot and no one else asides from Gauis. These two, I love. ;-; They were two of my favorite characters...still are, always will be. They had such a beautiful and deep friendship with Merlin. They were so noble and courageous, and extremely loyal to Merlin and Arthur. Gosh I love those two. ;-; *Sniffles*
TheGoldenAge chapter 14 . 9/17/2017
Omg YESSSSSSSSSS! I LOVED this whole chapter and all the heartfelt emotions and anguish coming out from both Merlin and Arthur and how they were having so much trouble communicating! Especially Merlin, WOW. I'm so glad he finally to go off on Arthur for all the years of being a loyal servant yet being mistreated and neglected and overlooked to such extremes! The pain and anger of his character was palpable! Seeing a slightly crazed Merlin was also fun, hehe. Glad that all his pent up emotions and feelings finally got the chance to be let out. I was totally rooting for him the whole way through. Arthur's points were barely worthy of mentioning...and what was with that slap? :( Merlin didn't even insult Gwen or anything, and Arthur just hits him! I guess he had the feeling Merlin was going too far. While I'm glad Merlin calmed down just enough to put aside this matter for now and focus on the real issue at hand, I strongly believe he has every right to be furious with Arthur and all the years of mistreatment he faced while living in Camelot. I hope he stays with Lucan in Ostia after this ordeal is over with. He deserves the time to think about everything that's happened, and I don't want him to forgive Arthur so easily. Maybe in the future he'll return...
mayatrau chapter 23 . 9/3/2017
hello,
I see its been a while since you wrote this story but i still watnted to tell you that I think it was amazing and it made me remember how good the Merlin really is... if you ever think of eriting a sequal I think it eould be wonderful!
ninagayler chapter 22 . 8/31/2017
I really like that Merlin has had enough of being emotionally abused and stood up for himself. He is doing what is best for himself to grow as a person. Bravo!
ninagayler chapter 23 . 8/31/2017
Such a heart breaking original story! Deserves a sequel.
TheStoryDancer chapter 23 . 5/30/2017
I must say, I truly fell in love with this story. It's so realistic, raw and simply beautiful in its intensity. I appriciate you to have courage to end it with Merlin leaving, it was refreshingly real and truly satisfying outcome of the story. If also sad and very, very painful. The scene Between Gaius and Merlin rerended me into a small ball of tears and agony.
The last scene also was an ingenious way to potray the slowness of change and the hope that is dawning nevetheless.
So, thank you for writing a fanfic this real and well thought out. I truly needed this, even though I would have never thougt I would.
KingdomCome67 chapter 8 . 4/16/2017
Is the line 'Just one miracle, Merlin. Please.' From Sherlock? I love the story, by the way.
Deborahpflover chapter 23 . 4/8/2017
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THAT IS THE WAY YOU END IT? It's 3 in the morning and I just went through this whole story. I really have to say that this is the most frustrating story ever. But good too. I felt so sorry for Merlin. I cried a few times, like when Lucan died and when Merlin left Camelot. And multiple times I wanted to strangle specific characters.
Anyway, Morgana and Merlin's epic battle was fantastic! This was an adventure from start to finish. And it adressed A LOT of stuff that kinda needed adressing. Merlin does way too much for way too little credit. It's not fair. So thank you for writing this. The ending still frustrates me though, but oh well, what else is new with a series like Merlin?
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 23 . 2/15/2017
I've loved reading this story, from start to finish.
The ending was a bit of a shock, but amazing nonetheless.
Thank you for this splendid creation!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 19 . 2/15/2017
Ding! Dong! The wicked witch is dead!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 5 . 2/10/2017
Oh, my heart. :'( And when I was guessing who Lucan could be, I thought of Aragon. But Caspian is definitely a hottie as well. :)