Reviews for Disillusionment
The entire time I just wanted Merlin to leave. I was so sick and tired of his bullshit. The same goes to Arthur.
Fatalsam chapter 23 . 5/28
Wow, honestly probably my favorite fic I've read about Merlin. I cried that last 4 chapter non stop, telling my mom "I think I got my sisters sickness." While blowing my nose. I mean... Wow. The level of friendship between Arthur and Merlin was great, and I love how Merlin called for the dragon last, that was a really good way to end his scene. And mordred.. I wasn't expecting that but it was good. The fact that Arthur and Merlin split up really killed me. But Good story and now I need to go read a happy one just because I'm now depressed :/ Excellent job :)
The Patchwork Rabbit chapter 7 . 4/25
Matches my mood so perfectly
Narlth chapter 23 . 4/2
This whole fic has such an original take, and I love how the you have the new characters influence the canon ones in a way that is totally consistent with their characters :D
Honestly, with all the angst I was hoping to see Arthur and Merlin reunite. I thought the conclusion could've been so wonderful! Anywho I loved the story and I hope you will keep writing! I enjoy your work.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 23 . 3/6
Another thing I was IMMENSELY impressed by is your characterization. I think it was a bit darker than canon but wow. Just.. wow. You wove everything together- particularly Merlin and his reactions SO well! On the one side I think he might've been a little harsh- at least to Gaius and Gwaine, but I also understand how broken down Merlin is. How once that trust is broken, it's broken, and has to be built from the bottom up. In that way, I think Merlin's reaction to Gaius and Gwaine was very realistic for someone who's been abused and used.
~Song
Song chapter 23 . 3/6
That was brilliant. Omg now I'm going to go curl up in a ball and cry. So real, so painful...
I wasn't going to comment on this, until I logged in but then I saw your comment of not having English as your first language and HOLY COW. I had no idea! I mean, yeah, I noticed a few extremely minor errors, but honestly less than what's slipped through in my own writing and English is my first language! I had great respect for you before-this fic is masterfully grafted and honestly one of the best fics I've ever read in the fandom- possibly in ALL fandoms... There's a good chance it'll end up on my favorites list (about one out of every thousand fics I read goes there) anyway, after reading the comment on your profile about being esl, my respect- which was already very high went up even higher. I'll login on my account and leave a brief review and include commentary I've surely forgotten so if you like you can reply. Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing with us!
-song
whatswiththemustache chapter 23 . 2/16
Okay, this makes me feel a little better (in the way of not being depressed about the evens here). I really liked that you brought Mordred in (knew it was him from the moment you mentioned him, BTW). Good! give him another chance too. and maybe Gwaine can have another friend too...
Anyway. bravo and encore...This was beautiful, once again. thank you.
whatswiththemustache chapter 22 . 2/16
*sniff* Yup, this made me cry (no surprises there). But, I knew it! about halfway through the story I thought, 'yup, after all this, Merlin is going to need to get over everything and he'll leave for who knows how long with just a promise to return one day, in the distant future...'. Knew it. Even though I was really hoping that it wouldn't be the case, because this was heartbreaking...again ...Masterfully done, by the way. I haven't cried over a fic this much in ages. But what I really liked about this story was how it really made me think, and gave me a few new perspectives on my favorite fandom (what else?). Depressing ones, certainly, but definitely worth considering. it's hard to imagine a Merlin who was so bitter and angry and reluctant to forgive, no matter how much he deserved to be...after all the evidence we've gotten, so far, its a bit of a shocker. But...this entire plot made complete and utter, heartbreaking and realistic sense, no matter how much we'd all like to deny it. It's almost painful to admit that something like this might happen to MerlinI am way too attached to this fandom, I really ameven though it's kind of ridiculous to expect it not too. Anyway. This was superb, needless to say...your writing is amazing, and I'm really thankful for you posting this (even though it made me kind of depressed for a little while. I salute youThank you! (I do realize that there is an epilogue after this, but I always feel the need to leave my summarizing review on the /official/ last chapter for some reason. don't ask...)
whatswiththemustache chapter 17 . 2/16
...you killed George? I don't even know why that gets more of a reaction out of me than when Percival died. This is such a great storyI have literally been binge-reading this nonstop for hours now, but that scene with George just needed a review. it just needed it. I mean, there's plenty of things I could go on about for this chapter as well as the last ten or so...but I'd really rather keep reading. so, I will.
whatswiththemustache chapter 7 . 2/16
Arrrrrg this hurts, truly hurts to read. How in the world...like, dude, this story is so completely 180 degrees from what I'm used to, it's pretty ironic in a very heartbreaking sort of way. Normally its Arthur who has to work through the 'reveal' and come to terms with everything...and occasionally it'll be Arthur who sends Merlin away, to do that...but here, it's almost absolutely reversed, at least with Merlin getting over the 'reveal' that he went through and leaving on his own! I freaking love this, despite the fact that it makes me want to cry. (Also actually due to that, its nice to read a good sad fic now and . I have never thought of the events of the show in this way, being that Arthur isn't the once and future king and that it wasn't Merlin's destiny to help him...like, whoa, this is new. completely new view of the entire show (not an irreversible one, but still new). Anyway. this is so amazing! just wanted to say.
whatswiththemustache chapter 8 . 2/16
so, just wanted to say...the first part of this was unbelievably depressing. I didn't even know it was possible for something to be that depressing. In a good way. (Didn't know that was possible either.)
So...yeah. I really hope that we get a happy endingeven a sort of happy endingbecause, I swear, if it ends with Merlin still thinking that he wasted his life and etcetera...well, that would suck. though I can imagine it would be even more depressing-in-a-good-way. ish. This might sound like a discouraging comment, BTW, but its actually not. these are all good thingskind of).
whatswiththemustache chapter 5 . 2/16
Nooouuuu that was utterly heartbreaking...omg, I'm not sure whether I love or hate this...well, I guess love since I'm definitely continuing reading. but...maybe I'll just go and have a good cry first...*sniff*
whatswiththemustache chapter 10 . 2/16
Ugh. This is so addictingly good, I just can't stop reading, and the last thing I want to do is rush through this even though I kinda do at the same time...arg! and you're not even a native English speaker, how the heck do you write so well? it's not fair. not that I care, because if I did then I wouldn't get to read this...
Guest chapter 23 . 12/11/2015
Very enjoyable read. Read the whole in less than 2 days. Merlin and Arthur are very well portrayed. I totally agree with you ending. It's realistic yet not too depressing etex hopeful. It's good that Merlin leaves Camelot for a while as he comes to terms with all that has happened. One mistake - the part tense of seek is sought not seeked.